OcUK Beers of the World Weekly Results - Belgium (and D-F Voting)

Caporegime
OP
That even says it's made in the UK. There is nothing Belgian about Stella anymore. It doesn't overly bother me but I wouldn't call a beer made in the UK, owned by Americans, Belgian.

'Stella Artois is brewed in Belgium (both in the plants of Leuven and Jupille) and the United Kingdom'

No one entered, if they had it would have counted. Guinness is also brewed in parts of Africa but it's still classed as an Irish beer. This can apply to lots of different lagers/ ales/ stouts, don't go getting all wound up matey.

Associate
Woop, another 3 pointer was a bit worried there tho when i saw some others from the same brewery! Very jealous of Spuj1988, Frulli is delicious! This ones not bad, at 8% its pretty stong nice and tasty tho, very sharp to start with and mellows out, not as nice as last weeks mind.

Caporegime
OP
Now getting back on track did you like my fizzy looking Leffe? :D I'll say it again, superb beer. Once I opened it, poured it into the glass and watched a lovely rich deep frothy head form I couldn't resist savouring it even before it had settled. Delicious!

Soldato
I think I'm just being a bit of an elitist ass. I'm sorry.

On topic - No idea what the hell I'm going to do for France! I can't even think of a good beer from that place! :o

Great choice on the leffe DJ. :D You really must try and get some Leffe 9! Do you like my glass? ;)

Caporegime
OP
Woop, another 3 pointer was a bit worried there tho when i saw some others from the same brewery! Very jealous of Spuj1988, Frulli is delicious! This ones not bad, at 8% its pretty stong nice and tasty tho, very sharp to start with and mellows out, not as nice as last weeks mind.

Only one I'm jealous of is Hank_Marvin :D

Actually I'd gladly try any of the beers on offer tonight :)

Caporegime
OP
I think I'm just being a bit of an elitist ass. I'm sorry.

On topic - No idea what the hell I'm going to do for France! I can't even think of a good beer from that place! :o

Great choice on the leffe DJ. :D You really must try and get some Leffe 9! Do you like my glass? ;)

lol no worries mate ;)

Great choice is down to you, you've tipped it many a time. Can't say I've seen any other Leffe about but I'll keep my eyes out for them, until then I'll be more than happy to drink this :) I honestly thought others would have had it, albeit wasn't my first choice as I couldn't get the one I was after from M&S :(

Yes nice glass indeed, mine was an old red wine glass but it served it's purpose well :)

Oops link didn't show beer, it was the Belgian Wheat beer not the Cherry wheat beer one though.

Last edited:
Soldato
You won't find Leffe 9 in the shops, I haven't actually seen it online either. But if you're ever in France/Belgium then you'll get it. :D

You love your M&S booze, I really must nip in there one day and check out what they have to offer. I've only ever bought wine from them.

Leffe really is very nice, haven't had it in a while. Might buy a few tomorrow. My Dad stole the glass from a bar in Belgium a couple of years ago. Legend! :D

Caporegime
OP
You won't find Leffe 9 in the shops, I haven't actually seen it online either. But if you're ever in France/Belgium then you'll get it. :D

You love your M&S booze, I really must nip in there one day and check out what they have to offer. I've only ever bought wine from them.

Leffe really is very nice, haven't had it in a while. Might buy a few tomorrow. My Dad stole the glass from a bar in Belgium a couple of years ago. Legend! :D

M&S have some cracking beers / ciders. I've reviewed (albeit not greatly) in the Now Drinking thread a few times. Always worth a look ;) Oh and you can order online too though I'm not sure if they do a mixed cases :(

Caporegime
OP
Oh and forgot to say cheers everybody for making the effort again this week, and well done the new people who have not only joined late but also embraced the competition as keenly as us :D

Associate
I'm a enjoying Trappistes Rochefort number 8 (haven't actually opened the number 10 yet). I really like this beer but don't drink it too often. Very complex beer. From smelling it you'd think it wouldn't be that great but that's just not the case.
I do think the last bottle I had of it was better than this one though, maybe I'm too into hops at the moment.

Soldato
would England cover scotland and ireland or would those be seperate?

HA! They are very seperate in this game :p (for a start any excuse to enter a can of tennents super strength for Scotland)

So voting England would get just English beer, probably should be a mandatory choice anyway because of the sheer volume of options for everyone to pick! (going to change my vote now I have thought about how little everyone should post the one Estonian beer iv seen)

Back
Top Bottom