OcUK Beers of the World Weekly Results - Belgium (and D-F Voting)

Caporegime
OP
Cheeky git! :p I thought this was the idea to try some different beers and report back :D Ahleckz sit down..... relax....deep breath.....

I've had two bottles of Bud and now this, and the taste, flavour hell just everything is worlds apart. Simply delightful to drink and enjoy. Ok somebody throw water over Ahleckz :p

Soldato
It's too fruity and sweet for me I must say, but as I said - good to be trying new shiz! I'm on the cheapo Tesco lager tonight so I can hardly talk.

Caporegime
OP
I'm still amazed at 22 people selecting beers for Belgium and only 4 picked the same (all the same) really does say something for the choice out there. You do know when England pops up we pretty much all should be on a 3 pointer!

Can't type for toffee
Don
Dont even know if I'd give it 72 tbh, tried it once and it just tastes of jam lol.
Only bought it coz I thought no one else would lol :p

The shoppin list was 3 bottles of LEffe Brun and that :p the leffe didnt even get to the fridge before I opened one :(

Caporegime
OP
Dont even know if I'd give it 72 tbh, tried it once and it just tastes of jam lol.
Only bought it coz I thought no one else would lol :p

The shoppin list was 3 bottles of LEffe Brun and that :p the leffe didnt even get to the fridge before I opened one :(

:D Have to admit I really enjoyed my Leffe Blonde and looking forward to picking up another 4 pack soon :)

Can't type for toffee
Don
:D Have to admit I really enjoyed my Leffe Blonde and looking forward to picking up another 4 pack soon :)

Grab a bottle of Brun too mate, see what you think of it.
Asda often has the 750ml bottles for £2.50.
My local shop wants £4.50!! yeah I'll goto ASDA :p

Anyone seen the old crafty hen anywehre?
Only place I've seen it is my local tesco extra but theyre out atm.

Tea Drinker
Don
I'm still amazed at 22 people selecting beers for Belgium and only 4 picked the same (all the same) really does say something for the choice out there. You do know when England pops up we pretty much all should be on a 3 pointer!

DJ - clarification please

Country of origin is the country brewed in?

Are ciders excluded?

Cheers

Associate
I think we will see a lot of the same beers for France, England should be quite easy, but I'm mostly using this to either drink beer that I know is awesome and hence spend a bit more or try something new.
I've been talking about this a bit at work now and people are giving me niche beers to try now in exchange for bottles of my homebrew, not bad!

Caporegime
OP
DJ - clarification please

Country of origin is the country brewed in?

Are ciders excluded?

Cheers

Hi matey, firstly no ciders allowed. Lager, ale or stout, anything beer :)

Ok county of origin this is a tricky one as it's been mentioned in this thread before. I would say a lot comes down to common sense in that (I used this as an example) take Guinness, it is brewed in parts of Africa but it will always be deemed an Irish beer. Same applies for say Budweiser, it is brewed in Ireland yet is still an American beer.

Tea Drinker
Don
Hi matey, firstly no ciders allowed. Lager, ale or stout, anything beer :)

Ok county of origin this is a tricky one as it's been mentioned in this thread before. I would say a lot comes down to common sense in that (I used this as an example) take Guinness, it is brewed in parts of Africa but it will always be deemed an Irish beer. Same applies for say Budweiser, it is brewed in Ireland yet is still an American beer.

Bah both of my French beers are too tenuous, have to find some more :)

Quite fun though built a rapport with my local independent off licence :)

Oh I didn't buy it, thought it was ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom