OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I could be wrong that he wont spend lots of time and money and join upto a gym, clean up his diet and then do some heavy compound lifting?

There is only one person who can confirm this and that is MHayes, himself. Not you or me. I think its best we let him answer this.

Man of Honour
I started out around 130lbs and in 2 years I'm now sitting between 200-220. sure there's no way I've gained 70lbs+ of muscle but I don't look fat at all, in fact I look fairly ripped, thats largely due to the fact I'm 6'2.5 much like your self.

Eh?! Over 6'2" and you weighed 130lbs? You must have looked like an Ethiopian! I'm 5'11" and weigh 170lbs. I have greater than average muscle, but nothing spectacular, and for my height I am just under average build.

Associate
Only just started a weight-training routine 5 weeks ago, until then it was purely running / general cardio I did.

Used to weigh in it around 14 1/2 stone, now I'm at 13ish. 6ft and 22 years old.

Crap picture quality, new camera in the January sales is highly likely.

Current diet is loosely as follows:

9AM Wake – multivits + 40g oats with skimmed milk
10AM 45 pre-workout 2 tblsp Impact whey in 400ml water
10.45-11.30 train
Immediately PWO 2 tblsp Impact instant whey in 400ml water + banana
12.00 Post PWO meal 1 boiled chicken breast + handful wholemeal rice/pasta / couscous
14.00 start work
15.30 nutrigrain bar + banana
17.30 4 slices wholemeal bread with tuna/chicken and low fat mayo/coleslaw + orange
20.00 3 oatcakes
22.00 work finishes
0.30 200g cottage cheese / 250g quark
0.45 bed

Non-workout days are the same minus the whey pre and post workout.

Training routine is a 3-day a week split (mon,wed,fri) of push, pull then misc exercises.

Any suggestions? Reckon I should continue cutting or add some more calories / good fats (nuts, oil etc)?

Last edited:
Soldato
Great lean base to start packing on the muscle.

A few pointers;

Don't take your multivitamin with oats, take it later in the day.

I would also add some protein to your 3.30 and 8pm meal. If you're in work you can make your own protein bars or make up some meat in the morning.

I would start upping the calories a bit, but keep a very close eye on the scales, make sure you don't go too crazy.

You could add some nuts and fishoil to your bedtime meal and again to snack on throughout the day. Overall it's a pretty tidy diet, and i'm sure you'll still gain on it- but these are just some tweaks.

Hope this helps.

Associate
Just what I'm after, cheers mate.

I'm looking into Waxy Maize Starch + Leucine for PWO and general carb supplements. Also the possibility of some Creatine. My whey supply is getting low so I may just add some of the stuff to my order.

I was gonna add some oily fish (Salmon, Sardines etc) to the mix every few days but fishoil caps might be a better idea. Probably order Glucosamine with the fishoil caps for some joint/ligament support.

What about blending up a fruit + peanut butter + skimmed milk + oats + whey shake to take to work?

At the gym I've been aiming for 3x8 of each exercise but I've only been spending around 45 minutes at the gym warmup/cooldown/pre and post workout stretches included. I don't rest long between sets purely because my lungs / cardio system aren't really challenged. When I walk out and the fresh air hits me I feel pumped but I also feel as if I could walk straight back in and do the same again. Then again I'm worried about overtraining so I dunno where I'll find the balance.

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Code:
                                Legs             

12-Nov             29-Nov             gain                               
            ATG Front Squats             
            50             65             15                               
            ATG Back Squats              
            60             75             15                               
            SLDL's             
            60             75             15                               SS1 A             

Flat BB Bench             
            75             82.5             7.5                               
            CGPI Pulldown             
            55             70             15                               SS1 B             

Incline DB Bench Press              
            28             35             7                               
            BOR's              
            60             75             15                               SS2 A             

Hang Clean & Push Press             
            30             35             5                              
            Calf Raises              
            80             115             35                               SS2 B             

Seated Arnold Press              
            14             17             3                               
            Calf Raises              

SS3 A             

CGBP             
            80             85             5                               
            seated DB curl             
            14             15             1                               SS3 B             

V-Bar Pushdowns              
            30             35             5                               
            seated Db curl             
            14             15             1                               SS4             

Cable Flyes             
            30             40             10                               
            DB Rows              
            28             30             2

Looks like a pretty good workout. Are you doing that in one hit though?

Soldato
Waxy maize is good, I'm using 2/3 scooops post workout, then 20 minutes later 2 scoops of whey.

Myprotein do 5kg for £17 which'll last you ages :)

Fishoil from holland and barret can be cheap if you buy when they have a good sale on... aim for 10-15g a day (it sounds like a lot but it will really help).

I personally try and stay away from fat, carbs and protein as suggested in that shake. I'd take out the peanut butter personally. Sounds ok apart from that. I have oats/whey shake with an apple and a couple slices of toast in the morning personally. Works for me!

You could probably afford to spend a little more time in the gym... no need to stress over it too much. Maybe a couple more sets here and there if you feel up for it.

Keep it up!

Associate
what about legs?

Monday is pushing exercises meaning squats if my knee's up to it and seated leg press if it isn't

Wed is pulling so deadlifts.

Fri is misc so I do calf raises.

Just tried and my phone seems to take better pictures than my dire camera.
Therefore these are my pictures today (the older one was taken exactly 2 weeks ago)

dsc00021sj3.jpg

dsc00036ws5.jpg

Associate
Waxy maize is good, I'm using 2/3 scooops post workout, then 20 minutes later 2 scoops of whey.

Myprotein do 5kg for £17 which'll last you ages :)

Fishoil from holland and barret can be cheap if you buy when they have a good sale on... aim for 10-15g a day (it sounds like a lot but it will really help).

I personally try and stay away from fat, carbs and protein as suggested in that shake. I'd take out the peanut butter personally. Sounds ok apart from that. I have oats/whey shake with an apple and a couple slices of toast in the morning personally. Works for me!

You could probably afford to spend a little more time in the gym... no need to stress over it too much. Maybe a couple more sets here and there if you feel up for it.

Keep it up!

MyProtein is where I was gonna order my Whey from, so that's quite convenient ;)

Should I still encorporate peanut butter / cashew nuts or whatever in my diet? Just avoid putting them in the shake?

What's your views on Creatine?

PAz

PAz

Soldato
MyProtein is where I was gonna order my Whey from, so that's quite convenient ;)

Should I still encorporate peanut butter / cashew nuts or whatever in my diet? Just avoid putting them in the shake?

Put the peanut butter in the shake......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Soldato

If you put www.bulkpowders.co.uk into the price matcher on the main page there are some good deals incase you didn't know...

Def include peanut butter / cashew nuts (I can't get enough of almonds!) in your diet. Depends how much you're putting in your shake really, but I'd suggest having it another time.

Creatine can work for some people, i've never really had any "gains" from it but know people that swear by it. My advice? Give it a go, don't get a fancy brand just get plain monohydrate or cee. It's cheap, if you don't feel it's effect don't try it again- it won't do any harm.... You man put a couple lbs of water retention on though, so don't get worried if the scales go up!!

:p

Associate
Thanks again for the advice. I've revised my diet now which will commence when my MyProtein order touches down:

9AM Wake – 50g oats + 1 scoop Whey + 1 piece of fruit or fruit juice
10AM 45 pre-workout multivits + half of shake**
10.45-11.30 train
Immediately PWO Waxy Maize Starch (unsure of quantity) + 5g Leucine + 5g Creatine Mono
12.00 2 scoops Whey in water
13.00 Post PWO meal 1 boiled chicken breast + handful wholemeal rice/pasta/couscous
14.00 start work
15.30 MRP flapjack / powder
18.00 4 slices wholemeal bread with tuna/chicken and low fat mayo/coleslaw + orange
21.00 shake**
22.00 work finishes
23.00 snack on a few cashew nuts / peanut butter
0.30 200g cottage cheese / 250g quark + 4 fishoil caps + Glucosamine
0.45 bed

shake** will consist of 100g oats, 300ml skimmed milk, 2 apples 1 banana, 3 scoops whey, teaspoon of linseeds, 2 tblsp natural yoghurt. 2 servings.

From MyProtein I'm gonna order:

Meal Replacement
-Flavour: Chocolate Mint

Impact Whey Protein (Unflavoured)
-Size: 10lb (4.54kg)

Creapure

Waxy Maize Starch

L Leucine

Any suggestions on the diet? Think I've added maybe too much? Will be hard to strictly adhere to but I'll do my best.

Associate
OP
Thanks again for the advice. I've revised my diet now which will commence when my MyProtein order touches down:

9AM Wake – 50g oats + 1 scoop Whey + 1 piece of fruit or fruit juice
10AM 45 pre-workout multivits + half of shake**
10.45-11.30 train
Immediately PWO Waxy Maize Starch (unsure of quantity) + 5g Leucine + 5g Creatine Mono
12.00 2 scoops Whey in water
13.00 Post PWO meal 1 boiled chicken breast + handful wholemeal rice/pasta/couscous
14.00 start work
15.30 MRP flapjack / powder
18.00 4 slices wholemeal bread with tuna/chicken and low fat mayo/coleslaw + orange
21.00 shake**
22.00 work finishes
23.00 snack on a few cashew nuts / peanut butter
0.30 200g cottage cheese / 250g quark + 4 fishoil caps + Glucosamine
0.45 bed

shake** will consist of 100g oats, 300ml skimmed milk, 2 apples 1 banana, 3 scoops whey, teaspoon of linseeds, 2 tblsp natural yoghurt. 2 servings.

From MyProtein I'm gonna order:

Meal Replacement
-Flavour: Chocolate Mint

Impact Whey Protein (Unflavoured)
-Size: 10lb (4.54kg)

Creapure

Waxy Maize Starch

L Leucine

Any suggestions on the diet? Think I've added maybe too much? Will be hard to strictly adhere to but I'll do my best.

I'd say you're relying too much on protein shakes and not enough on solid food. In fact, i'd be very surprised if you gain any muscle at all on that diet, there's just not enough calories. Get some food down you man. IMO, you could drop all those supplements too, there's just no need to be faffing about with all that stuff mate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom