OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capodecina
Permabanned
That's a little dramatic isn't it sunuma ha-ha ;D

Why is it wrong for him to start squatting?

Yes he does need to sort a diet and create a calorie surplus if he is looking to build muscle, but until he sorts a proper routine I wouldn't really worry about it too much.

Permabanned
I see what you mean, unless Eat loads and loads. Enough to gain weight and lift weights at the same time.

My aim is really just to just get more "manly". No plans on becoming the next worlds strongest man just yet.

My mate is quite "built", not as much as some of you guys in here but above average and he just stuts his stuff at a party wearing his vest and he has the ladies queuing up. He also has a good personality and is good looking but so do I. (I think).

I have been eating a lot of junkfood over the last month, (mmmm Burger King) I know it is bad but it is easy and full of fat, I have noticed my face now looks less gaunt lol.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
An idea would be to eat the eggs and drink the milk, but dont do exercise. It may sound unhealthy but it is more likely to see you gain weight.

thats the most stupidest thing ive ever heard

why would he eat in a calorie surplus and gain fat doing no exercise, when he can go to the gym and gain muscle?

Soldato
That's a little dramatic isn't it sunuma ha-ha ;D

Sorry man but he should know what happens when a sustained calorie deficit, over months/years happens. Thats an extreme example though, as Christian Bale did intentionally aim for that physique. I believe they call it "method acting".

Soldato
thats the most stupidest thing ive ever heard

why would he eat in a calorie surplus and gain fat doing no exercise, when he can go to the gym and gain muscle?

Dude, Ive seen a lot of thin guys who have the intention of gaining muscle, but end up getting thinner. Gaining muscle for someone who is an ectomorph (which our specimen obviously is) is not easy. He wont "casually" gain muscle - something that an endomorph like Morba could do without even trying.

And this statement proves my point:

My aim is really just to just get more "manly". No plans on becoming the next worlds strongest man just yet.

He just wants to add a little weight, for minimal effort. For him to start adding muscle would take a BIG effort.

I find that people on this board seem to assume that every man wants to look like a top bodybuilder. This is not the case. In fact most average guys who come here for advice just want to lose a little fat or gain a little weight. Nothing extreme. If he wanted to go into bodybuilding then I would totally advocate squats. But for someone who "casually" wishes to gain weight or look more "manly", for minimal effort, squats is going too far.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Code:
                                Legs             

12-Nov             29-Nov             gain                               
            ATG Front Squats             
            50             65             15                               
            ATG Back Squats              
            60             75             15                               
            SLDL's             
            60             75             15                               SS1 A             

Flat BB Bench             
            75             82.5             7.5                               
            CGPI Pulldown             
            55             70             15                               SS1 B             

Incline DB Bench Press              
            28             35             7                               
            BOR's              
            60             75             15                               SS2 A             

Hang Clean & Push Press             
            30             35             5                              
            Calf Raises              
            80             115             35                               SS2 B             

Seated Arnold Press              
            14             17             3                               
            Calf Raises              

SS3 A             

CGBP             
            80             85             5                               
            seated DB curl             
            14             15             1                               SS3 B             

V-Bar Pushdowns              
            30             35             5                               
            seated Db curl             
            14             15             1                               SS4             

Cable Flyes             
            30             40             10                               
            DB Rows              
            28             30             2

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My traps only look like Morba's, but only if i tense them ;]

Hehe, well I've had a rethink. I was trying to take a picture of them with a phone, and was having a lot of difficulty getting the right angle so that the picture showed what I could see in the mirror. I've come to the conclusion that it wasn't the angle of shot that was the problem, it was that the angle I see them at when I look in the mirror makes them look bigger than they are. :D

Soldato
Gut feeling.

If you think Im wrong, ask if he is willing to join up to a gym, spending good money to do so and change his eating habits totally. All this, while pushing himself physically and mentally, just so he can "look a bit more manly".

He is a regular guy, not a gym junkie.

I coud be wrong of course. ;)

Soldato
Dude, Ive seen a lot of thin guys who have the intention of gaining muscle, but end up getting thinner. Gaining muscle for someone who is an ectomorph (which our specimen obviously is) is not easy. He wont "casually" gain muscle - something that an endomorph like Morba could do without even trying.

And this statement proves my point:

He just wants to add a little weight, for minimal effort. For him to start adding muscle would take a BIG effort.

I find that people on this board seem to assume that every man wants to look like a top bodybuilder. This is not the case. In fact most average guys who come here for advice just want to lose a little fat or gain a little weight. Nothing extreme. If he wanted to go into bodybuilding then I would totally advocate squats. But for someone who "casually" wishes to gain weight or look more "manly", for minimal effort, squats is going too far.

"Ah, you want to look more manly, but without much effort? Well, since you don't want to be very big or very strong, we'll do away with the proven training principles that work for millions of people across the globe. Instead, just eat more. Your body will convert this extra food into fat, which will make you look larger. Soon, women will be queuing up to fondle your gelatinous biceps. You might be weak, you may have no real muscle mass, but damnit, at least you didn't have to put a weight on your back and crouch up and down with it"

God bless America

Soldato
Dude, the problem right now is that you not eating anywhere near enough to put on weight. Others are suggesting doing squats, etc. IMO that is totally wrong at this stage. By all means goto the gym and keep eating what you are eating. Before long, you will actually lose weight and rather than add muscle, you will lose muscle and whatever fat you have left.

You might end up looking like this:

stickman.jpg

In order to get bigger, you need to increase your weight. To do this you need to ingest more calories than you expend. Its a simple formula that works EVERYTIME. Now, if you dont start eating more and do lots of gym work, as crazy as it sounds, but you will lose weight and become even thinner (see pic above).

If gaining weight is important to you, I suggest you start eating more (try and make it healthy) and dont concentrate on exercise. When you find you are gaining weight (probably fat and muscle), that is the point that you may now begin to start training, confident in the knowledge that at the very worst you will not lose weight and go back to being stick thin and at best you will gain muscle.

I have a friend with exactly your physique. He is about 25 now and has not changed at all in the 9yrs Ive known him. He is stick thin. I even advised him once to drink NLarge2, by ProLab, which he did. The problem was that he also took up cycling at the time and actually became thinner as result (while on NLarge2). Its not easy changing your eating habits.

Just like Morba is inclined to hold onto body weight, you are just as inclined to be unable to hold onto body weight. If you want to gain weight you will have to make a concerted effort to do so. The question is, are you willing to do this?

EDIT: I just realised that you seem to be keeping faith in the Egg. 3 eggs have about 250 calories. By doing the chin ups and pressups (especially when you take into account the afterburn), you have almost certainly used up all the calories you ingested in the hope that it will assist in gaining weight. An idea would be to eat the eggs and drink the milk, but dont do exercise. It may sound unhealthy but it is more likely to see you gain weight.

I completely dissagree with you here, Eating lots and not going to the gym is a pathetic way to gain lots of weight, sure if you want to be fat go ahead, but if you want to bulk up you need to do both. When I bulk I don't just decide to stop going to the gym to make my job easier.

Go to the gym and lift heavy, then get as much food as you can down your throat. Take it form someone who's gone from your size to college football level. I'm not exaggerating either, search for my posts from way back and you'll see I started out around 130lbs and in 2 years I'm now sitting between 200-220. sure there's no way I've gained 70lbs+ of muscle but I don't look fat at all, in fact I look fairly ripped, thats largely due to the fact I'm 6'2.5 much like your self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom