OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Started a couple of years ago at 62KG, now 79KG. Albeit with help from muscle memory so my actual mass gain is probably that of about 9KG, cut I would be about 75KG at 5'8".

Squat should be back around 150KG for 6-8 reps again in the next couple weeks (injury dependant), bench at 115KG, deads between 140-150KG. Hopefully soon I shall surpass where I was and be hitting some nice new PB's.

Associate
Hey guys im newish to the forum.. im 17 and im skinny ( i know your probably all thinking not another skinny guy who cant add muscle and you would be right lol!)

I will admit im not fully developed body size wise.. but i would like to start adding some muscle.

I weigh about 8 stone and i know that a change in diet and exercise will help dramatically because it has done before.

I was wondering what the best food to eat is to put on weight...

I have a good shape to build on. however a skateboardin accident put me out of action for 3 years ... at the time of life just before puberty.. which meant i wasnt exercising which meant i wasnt eating properly just before it!

I hope you guys can help me out and add to my growing motivation

thanks very much guys and i look forward to your replies.. ( sorry if i have posted in wrong section.. let me know and i will copy the post into some where else)

Caporegime
Hey guys im newish to the forum.. im 17 and im skinny ( i know your probably all thinking not another skinny guy who cant add muscle and you would be right lol!)

I will admit im not fully developed body size wise.. but i would like to start adding some muscle.

I weigh about 8 stone and i know that a change in diet and exercise will help dramatically because it has done before.

I was wondering what the best food to eat is to put on weight...

I have a good shape to build on. however a skateboardin accident put me out of action for 3 years ... at the time of life just before puberty.. which meant i wasnt exercising which meant i wasnt eating properly just before it!

I hope you guys can help me out and add to my growing motivation

thanks very much guys and i look forward to your replies.. ( sorry if i have posted in wrong section.. let me know and i will copy the post into some where else)

head into GordyR's sticky at the top of the forum, read his post a couple of times then feel free to post any questions you have. His post will give you lots of basic information from which you can build on :]

Permabanned
Breakfast is a couple of bowls of porridge.

Elevenses is usually a bagel with tuna or cream cheese.

Lunch will be a sandwich with 60g of protein in it.

Afternoon snack is usually a small meat salad (no mayo/sauce).

Tea/Dinner is meat & veg or a pasta bake (eg 3/4 chicken breasts + potatoes and veg, or a couple of steaks etc).

And I'll usually have a bowl of museli (or porridge) before bed.

Permeated by snacks throughout the day of fruit and rice cakes (some nice spiced ones that have a decent amount of protein/carbs in) and usually one homemade protein bar/day.

Protein shake in the morning: 45g Whey Protein/5g Cocoa powder mixed in semi-skimmed milk.
Protein shake in the evening: 45g Whey Protein/5g Creatine/5g Cocoa powder mixed in semi-skimmed milk.

Edit: Daily supplements of Vitamin C, Omega 3 and Glucosamine Sulphate.

60g protein on your sanwich? whats on it?

Caporegime
thats one thick chicken sandwich hehe

you are taking in a lot of protein and seemingly quite a bit of carbs, should be enough for you to be putting some weight on.

1 thing - check the sugar content of the muesli, some brand names are very high in sugar.

Suspended
Hey! Hell of an idea for a thread... only just found out about it....

Im 17... I currently weigh 11 stone 2 - been training since i was small, but only just got back into it fully. I weighed 9 and a half stone before starting training about a year ago (Been on a lot of Mass Gain powder and i have been eating LOADS)

Body Mass index results:

6.3% Bodyfat ( I have a scarily fast metabolism :()
9 pounds of fat
44 Litres of water in my at the time of the test.

1 Rep Dumbell Curl Max (good form) - 24KG
Bench Max - 80KG

Leg Press max - 200KG (as high as machine will go :() lol
Calve Raise max - 140KG

Soldato
Got a question, im 17 now, im only 5,7 , and neally 12 stone, used to work out but not much at all, don't anymore, basically i can pretty much say i havnt worked out,

now stupid question really, i can lift heavy things, when someone wants something moving they ask me, even though my dads a bit of a beef head i can 80% of the time move things he cant, and when we were having ago of them boxing things in arcades, you always aim to get it all the way round well i got it round 2ce, we stayed behind to watch a phew men have a go who i have to say wernt exactly small, and they got NO WHERE NEAR me, i beat all my mates by miles, now wheres this strength coming from, when i look and do the amateur stuff of trying to show my arm muscles, theres absolutely nothing there, now im not a ars* or anything trying to be big, please dont take it the worng way. its a question ive always tried to asked myself.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Got a question, im 17 now, im only 5,7 , and neally 12 stone, used to work out but not much at all, don't anymore, basically i can pretty much say i havnt worked out,

now stupid question really, i can lift heavy things, when someone wants something moving they ask me, even though my dads a bit of a beef head i can 80% of the time move things he cant, and when we were having ago of them boxing things in arcades, you always aim to get it all the way round well i got it round 2ce, we stayed behind to watch a phew men have a go who i have to say wernt exactly small, and they got NO WHERE NEAR me, i beat all my mates by miles, now wheres this strength coming from, when i look and do the amateur stuff of trying to show my arm muscles, theres absolutely nothing there, now im not a ars* or anything trying to be big, please dont take it the worng way. its a question ive always tried to asked myself.

lol

get down to the gym and do some bench/squat/deadlift to see what your strength is like

Soldato
Perhaps you are genetic freak? You dont necessarily need to have huge muscles for the muscle itself to be strong. The acid test would be to do a very basic compound lift (squat or bench press are good) and compare yourself to someone larger than yourself. Perhaps a few of your bigger mates could go along with you to a gym and give it a whirl?

With regards to the punching competition at the arcade: you could be using better technique. Have you taken boxing classes, ever? This combined with your genetic super strength ;), would give you a significant lead over a beefcake using bad technique.

At 5'7" and 12 stone, I dont think you are slim. In fact, that is quite heavy for someone of your age and height, especially when you consider that that is your "natural" weight, ie. you havent artificially boosted it by force feeding yourself and lifting weights.

Soldato
... and when we were having ago of them boxing things in arcades, you always aim to get it all the way round well i got it round 2ce, we stayed behind to watch a phew men have a go who i have to say wernt exactly small, and they got NO WHERE NEAR me, i beat all my mates by miles...
Yes those punchbags favour speed and always make the smaller, faster guys look good.

Soldato
i have a bench, and what kinda weight would i be looking at, (would be a just a guess i suppose), to give myself a test, think i have about 40kg worth of weights altogether,

if i have a test to see what i can lift what would i be looking for (too see if im ''strong'' in theory)

and yeah i put on 2 stone in last year so im getting a little too much fat on me now, dont get me wrong ive always wanted to get bigger but ive never had the sutible information or help to know what to start doing as in routines. 18 next month so could by a good time to start, had a very good six pack untill i was 16 aswell :(

that boxing thing in the arcade was nearlly 4 years ago now, and i beat grown men....easy when i was 14, maybe the machine fellt sorry for me and gave me a handicap :)

and no, no boxing classes ever, allways thought i had good stance and technique though ;) as ya do :p

me now
100_1706-1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Do a test then.

Make sure you warm up first, but see how many reps of 40KG on a bench press you can do. This should be interesting. We wont tell you how many we expect from you as then this test wouldnt be blind, as it were.

If you are doing it home, since you are not accustomed to doing weight training, you might also want to make sure your dad to assist, should you get into any trouble during the lift.

Ideally though, we need to see what your 1 rep max is. You dont purport to have stamina (say 10+ reps), just outright power in a single movement. 40KG wont allow you to hit your max on a single lift, so we really need a higher weight to carry out a proper test. Unless you can do what was done in 'The 6th Sense' and use cans of paint on either side to add to the 40KG. :)

If you have access to more weights or a gym, it would be a better test of your outright power.

Question: if you dont do weight training, why do you own a weights bench and weights?

Soldato
got it when i was about 15, as you do when your young, allways get some sort of weights, my grandad past on his weights to me and i bought the bench,

sooo will see how i do with 40kg on in a phew hours when i wake up.......it seems blinkin heavy tho, not sure even if i will be able to do one lol but ill see!!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
couldnt be bothered going to bed, wanted to do it now :p

well 40kg is a bit of a joke to be honest ! haha, can only do 4 ! common then, break it to me gentlly how many should i have been able to do? :(

and you said about doing the most weights per one rep, ill do that, gonna go look for more wieghts :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok thats me done at 51kg lol, nearly smashed my windows at the same time :p

so yeh my maximum for 1 rep is 51kg

ok sunama what does this mean

and dont say it means you can lift 51kg :D

cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom