OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thats me done at 51kg lol, nearly smashed my windows at the same time :p

so yeh my maximum for 1 rep is 51kg

ok sunama what does this mean

and dont say it means you can lift 51kg :D

cheers

Its very difficult to say. Did you make sure you took a good amount of rest before doing the lift of 51KG? Could you have gone higher or did you stop because you ran out of weights?

51KG is decent for someone of your age who hasnt effectively lifted weights before. What is impressive though is that looking at your pics you are not "built", so you are using natural strength.

51KG is decent, but its not super dooper high as perhaps we might've expected. Its certainly not low.

Perhaps someone else who does a lot of 1-Rep-Max work, could give comment.

BTW. did you stay awake all night?

BTW. did you stay awake all night?

i did :p

hmmm i just wanted to know where i stand really, i definatly need to get my fitness up again as im eventually going in the army,

another thing as ive seen and heard in boxing, power is generated from your legs and feet, i played football every day for 3 or 4 hours from the age of 8-16 i have pretty strong legs, very strong actually

so maybe that could be a reason for the power in the punches ?

also is it harder to do lifts off a bench or the lifts where you lift form the floor then up ? (sorry my amateur words)

thanks

p.s cant believe ive let my body go outta shape im only 17 for god sakes ! = Not Good

Last edited:
another thing as ive seen and heard in boxing, power is generated from your legs and feet, i played football every day for 3 or 4 hours from the age of 8-16 i have pretty strong legs, very strong actually

so maybe that could be a reason for the power in the punches ?

Its possible, but a boxing coach would probably need to see you in action to give you an idea of what is actually going on. I find it strange that arcade machines would be set-up to give the lighter guys an advantage, as was mentioned above. But who knows?

also is it harder to do lifts off a bench or the lifts where you lift form the floor then up ? (sorry my amateur words)

In your case, I strongly think that your deadlift will be a lot higher than your bench press, (if thats what you mean).

Now get some sleep young man - lack of sleep increases cortisol and cortisol is responsible for eating into your muscle mass and storing energy as fat. The more sleep, the better. :)

Now get some sleep young man - lack of sleep increases cortisol and cortisol is responsible for eating into your muscle mass and storing energy as fat. The more sleep, the better. :)

Yes dad :p

thanks for all that got a little idea of myself now

Last edited:
Jimmy, it's 100 high and 40kb, max is 75 high and 20kb please sort it out:)

Use this one:

aj1vd8.jpg

60g protein on your sanwich? whats on it?
Six slices of thick cut organic beef from Abel&Cole, 15.2g protein in each slice, then with a different cheese every day. In some nice seeded organic bread baps.

you are taking in a lot of protein and seemingly quite a bit of carbs, should be enough for you to be putting some weight on.

1 thing - check the sugar content of the muesli, some brand names are very high in sugar.
I make my own muesli, and don't add any sugar so its only what is in the fruit.

Milled Oats, raisins, sultanas, dried banana, cherries and chopped almonds :).

Yes dad :p

thanks for all that got a little idea of myself now

It's good to get advice from a forum but don't rely on that advice alone. If I were you I'd get to a good gym and have an induction. I would seek some professional advice there and learn how to do weight exercises correctly and safely. It's good of some forum members to suggest some exercises to test your strength but don't go breaking yourself. Nice and easy does it ;)

I know that sounds noddy but I just wanted to chuck my two pence worth in.

Good luck and keep asking questions, there's some real good advice from guys on here.

But how is he supposed to know if the gym he has just walked into is a good one or a bad one?

In my opinion, a gym with instructors who have up to date training and sound equipment, not some back street meat den of steroid junkies. I suppose it's easy for me to say as military instructors have frequent training. I'm only stipulating what I think would be a good approach to start training. Would you disagree with what I suggest?

In my opinion, a gym with instructors who have up to date training and sound equipment, not some back street meat den of steroid junkies. I suppose it's easy for me to say as military instructors have frequent training. I'm only stipulating what I think would be a good approach to start training. Would you disagree with what I suggest?

I'm don't think anyone would disagree with the principle of getting advice from people who know more than you but within the range of exercise and bodybuilding people have a lot of different goals so perhaps it depends on what you classify as being up to date and having sound equipment. Newer does not always equate to better, a row of shiny machines might look impressive but it doesn't mean they work very effectively. The converse can also be true, I've been into gym which have weights older than I am and they are perfectly fine, they are retained because they work, plain and simple.

If you just want to do cardio for fitness then generally going for a 'high-street' gym like Living Well/JJB/etc etc will be fine but if you are going for some hardcore weights then you might have to look that little bit harder. Like everything else in the realm of exercise there is no definitive answer for everyone. As I've said above though the principle of asking for help is sound but it can be difficult to evaluate advice until you know a bit more about your aims and what your body is capable of. :)

Completely agree, I don't actually use machines much myself but it wasn't just that what I was referring to.

All that I was thinking was before someone runs off and attempts a suggested exercise such as a dead lift they should be shown the correct and safe method before putting their back out.

I'll shurrup now :D

a gym with instructors who have up to date training and sound equipment, not some back street meat den
My new gym is bang up-to-date with all the latest gear and every Cardio machine has its own LCD monitor with hundreds of channels etc and only pay $16 per month.
My old gym was run down, rocky style with weights and machines older than me. I REALLY miss my old gym, seemed so much better and such a random selection of weights. Trophies all over the place and generally serious members about working out. Everyone seemed more friendly and would help one another out. Plus there were not too many hot college girls as distractions (ok I'll admit, I like this one ;))

Ok. So why is it that everyone in your gym can squat 100kGx10, for a bad reason?

Its not because everyone there is strong, its because the squat has been renamed the "slight knee bend" and thus everyone is able to hit big weights. Like in most gym's i've been to, the instructors are poor, very very few people use even reasonable form... my point is that unless you stumble across a good gym with a lot of good members, the gym isn't always the best environment! The fact that on the internet you can cross-reference what you're told means you can get a solid idea, from people who've used the techniques, of what to do, and then apply it and develop it in the gym yourself.

Six slices of thick cut organic beef from Abel&Cole, 15.2g protein in each slice, then with a different cheese every day. In some nice seeded organic bread baps.

I make my own muesli, and don't add any sugar so its only what is in the fruit.

Milled Oats, raisins, sultanas, dried banana, cherries and chopped almonds :).

Interesting, whats the other nutrional info (calories etc). I have been looking for something high in protein but when it comes to slices all the packet crap in the shops are all processed and full of crap in general. Did you buy from here?

http://www.abel-cole.co.uk/Home.aspx

If a gym doesn't have a dedicated free weights or "big weights" room it's not a proper gym, and just a fitness center IMO. There is also a vibe you get from a gym and the atmosphere and attitude of people counts. My gym has 2 separate rooms, a free weights room and one mixture of machines and cardio. The vibe is good, the equipment is good, the people are friendly and knowledgeable - however there are no instructors for big weights, it's all just fitness stuff. The people that use the free weights room are usually left alone and they do their own thing - if people want advice the tend to ask us in the gym what they want to achieve rather than instructors. It might not be right, but it's what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom