OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The measurements were a few weeks before the pics were taken but they're relatively accurate I think... on a few of them I did say "over" because I couldn't remember what they were! lol! But thanks mate - always appreciate the feedback :D

They're up on ESN as well you know ;) :p
Ahh.. I haven't had much time online lately, plus I've had a complete break for the past week... no training, no bodybuilding diet, no supplements, no forums, nada... I've lived like a mere mortal lol :D
edit: **** me I must have used dodgy scales as I've just weighed in at over 101.5kg!!! Ok it is night time... but that's a scary number! lol!
Yeah you look about that weight. I seem to settle around 100kg as soon as I relax on enforced calorie intake... it's a good weight, heavy enough to be powerful but light enough to be quick-ish ;)

Soldato
Mix it up. Change to DB's every 4 weeks then back to BBs.

For traps, BB and DB shrugs are all i ever need.

Ahh already doing all of the above, although only 2x20 of DB shrugs with 40kgs in each hand at the end of each session. Cheers though..anything else I can add to my locker for chest?

Soldato
Ahh already doing all of the above, although only 2x20 of DB shrugs with 40kgs in each hand at the end of each session.
Rule #135.44a

You must push yourself and improve your weights/reps/recovery times each week on any given exercise. Failure to do so will result in failure to progress.

Doing the same amount of reps and sets with the same weight every week is a waste of time mate...

Man of Honour
Ahh.. I haven't had much time online lately, plus I've had a complete break for the past week... no training, no bodybuilding diet, no supplements, no forums, nada... I've lived like a mere mortal lol :D

Yeah you look about that weight. I seem to settle around 100kg as soon as I relax on enforced calorie intake... it's a good weight, heavy enough to be powerful but light enough to be quick-ish ;)

Yeah I don't feel too much like an oaf at the moment which is good. I've had a bit of a lazy week this week myself :o Actually feel better for it - it's good to let yourself go from time to time as it's fairly easy to get back into it anyway. I'm going to stick around this weight I think, just build on strength a bit, and continue to challenge myself, and maybe reduce BF, but slowly and not religiously. I'm quite happy to be at the level I'm at - big enough for people to think twice, but to also look good, but small enough to not look ridiculous in a suit or other such clothing. Just waiting for the beach now!! :D

Soldato
So i was all excited putting together my squat rack at home (which i bought from Argos lol, not a bad bit of kit though tbh) thinking that i couldnt wait to start working on my badly neglected legs, but when i had finally figured out the pigeon english instructions and got the thing finished, i realised it was only wide enough for a 7" bar and not the 5" bar that i had :(

For some reason Argos dont sell 7" bars, does anyone know of an online store that delivers that sells 7" bars ?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: measurements in feet

Last edited:

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Just got back from the gym....I am sure the lad benching 100kg must have damaged ribs.
The bar was literally slamming into his chest for every rep as he bounced it back up.
To make matters worse an instructor was spotting him :(

Caporegime
First week back in the gym after a few weeks off and I feel ill :(

Did 4 minutes of Tabata on the rower after my weights session and was immediately reintroduced to the dinner I had earlier. I'm sure I've still got some sweetcorn stuck up my nose :(

Caporegime
Not too bad. I'm on a cut and have drastically cut my rest periods and calories so it was probably just a case of pushing myself too hard after having some time off.

Toothpick has removed all traces of sweetcorn now, yum :D

Soldato
I'm on a cut myself and had my first session back in the gym after a week off today, and I felt horrendous. Not as bad as you obviously did but it takes a few sessions to get back into it for sure.

Man of Honour
First week back in the gym after a few weeks off and I feel ill :(

Did 4 minutes of Tabata on the rower after my weights session and was immediately reintroduced to the dinner I had earlier. I'm sure I've still got some sweetcorn stuck up my nose :(

Ouch :( I've done that a couple of times when pushing myself - never quite got to the re-introduction, but damned close. Damned short rest periods.

Take it easy mate and take some deep deep breaths if you can - I realised that focusing on my breathing really helped a lot.

Soldato
Had a similar incident a few weeks back, for some reason the first few weeks of may I always get nose bleeds for no reason.

Had one on the way to the gym and since it was squat and powerclean day I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. Needless to say people were disgusted to see a sweaty homeless looking man squatting and cleaning stupid weight with blood dripping down his face onto a bloodied white tshirt :cool:

Soldato
Can anyone recommend me a dumbell/barbell workout? I have a bench with barbells and dumbells at home, which I want to use to get into better shape. The weights I've got at the moment aren't very heavy, as the the stuff I bought was cheapish. The max weight for the barbell I've got is 50KG.

I've been following some workouts I've found on the net, but most workouts concentrate on using machines and other equipment that I don't have. I guess I should get myself to a gym, but I find it easier to workout in my own space ( for concentration etc).

I'm doing a lot of cardio at the moment as well, as I gained a fair bit of fat around the stomach, due to poor diet. I'm not fat at all (11 stone, 5'10") but my stomach is looking a little 'flabby' because I haven't done any exercise in a good while too. So I'm trying to do a mixture of cardio and weights, while at the same time, watching what I eat etc.

I'd say the main area of my body that I feel really needs building up is my back and shoulders. I have very boney shoulders and I'm not very broad (I'd say I'm somwhere in between a Ectomorph and a Mesomorph). My chest and legs seem to gain size quite quickly so these are my strong areas. My arms are probably another weak area, my biceps I don't have problem with, but my triceps and forearms I do.

I'm very complicated sorry. :p

Soldato
Riiiight..

First things first.. I dont do ANY weights.

Ive realised that these muscles here...

Stick out (whne I tense my back/shoulder muscles) on my right side a lot more than on my left.

Now I am right handed and been doing the odd bit of manual work (shovelling, carrying heavy rocks etc) over the last 2 months just at weekends.

Just want to even it out on my left side and look for some exercises that I can do. Not even sure what the muscles are called so hoping someone can help me with that too.

EDIT : I dont have access to any weights (do I really need to?) Not interested in getting big or anything just dont want to look so uneven lol. Its even noticeable from the front too with the muscle at top of shoulders/collarbone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom