• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Cinebench R15 benchmark thread

Associate
Here's the baby of the Threadripper range, my [email protected], only just beating my old Ivy i5 in single core, at least I can claim an upgrade :D

cinebenchjpg.png

Associate
Seems so, but its a relatively cheap platform to replace my failing z77 multigpu setup, all the lanes at very little cost compared to replacing with Intel, I game at 4k, CPU is not as important as GPU, considered an Intel setup with PLX and Intel HEDT but they are already talking about obsoleting one the platform which puts me in the same situation I was in when my 3770k died, no replacement but what I could find second hand. A suitable HEDT chip from Intel cost same as this chip and board.

Soldato
Seems so, but its a relatively cheap platform to replace my failing z77 multigpu setup, all the lanes at very little cost compared to replacing with Intel, I game at 4k, CPU is not as important as GPU, considered an Intel setup with PLX and Intel HEDT but they are already talking about obsoleting one the platform which puts me in the same situation I was in when my 3770k died, no replacement but what I could find second hand. A suitable HEDT chip from Intel cost same as this chip and board.
why not the normal ryzen 7 1700?

Associate
Not enough lanes for my GPUs and drives and nowhere to go onward to once you've used everything up, old system 3 GPUs, raided SSDs and NVMe, z77 with PLX handled that no problem, but boards with PLX rare now and more costly than an x399 board.

This system will be similar once I am happy with its stability.

Last edited:
Associate
It was £100 quid more to do the TR build than doing a similar build with a 7700k and the z270ws that I almost bought, maybe I should have what with the amount of fiddling I have had to do, to get this thing to run nice with its RAM :eek: but now its going it seems pretty good, and hey I just like the name LOL :D

Soldato
I was in a similar boat and I wanted a plx x370 board but they never existed so in the end I got a 1800x but I can only really run 2 way which sucks.

Luckily I was able to long term borrow a 6950x though so I didn't end up buying Threadripper.

Z270 was not really an option because I can't be doing with only. 4c8t for the price of a 8c16t :p

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I've started to see what this 7820X can do this afternoon, I think I can pull the voltage back even more. The memory timing need to be looked yet but i'm impressed.

SoALdMg.png

Soldato
no, i like amd winning :p the 1800x is great, the only thing it lacks is an extra 500mhz on air/water and a cold bug free imc and pcie bus.[/QUOTE]

Well it lacks a lot things. Would like more cache and SATA direct to the SOC.

Back
Top Bottom