• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** OcUK Crysis DX9 TopList ***

pah sub 40 FPS ;) give me a shout once you make it :D

Dammit. I tried upping my CPU to 2.9ghz and graphics to 730core 1050mem and it still only managed to get 38.7fps :confused:

DFI Ultra-D motherboard
2gb GSkill HZ 180 divider (1:1)
WD 250 drive
XpertVision 8800GT
Audigy2ZS

I even disabled everything to try and get higher and it got the same

Makes me glad i didnt go for the more expensive sonic or other overclocked version of an 8800GT if i dont get any higher FPS. I ran the fan at 100% to get those clocks and i tried higher with no average fps increase.

I run at 700/1000 with fan at 45% all the time and have no problems. Its quieter like that anyway (auto fan control is on but doesnt work so i just set the minfan to 45)

i know what you mean, i redlined mine just to get in the 40's

theres no way its stable for a long period of time to play at the 40FPS settings, i usally run at 2.85Ghz for the CPUS and like your self 700/1000 and get similar FPS as yourself. there seems to be not a lot in return FPS wise for large clock advances from the above.

i know what you mean, i redlined mine just to get in the 40's

theres no way its stable for a long period of time to play at the 40FPS settings, i usally run at 2.85Ghz for the CPUS and like your self 700/1000 and get similar FPS as yourself. there seems to be not a lot in return FPS wise for large clock advances from the above.

I dont play in high settings anyway. At the moment im playing in ultra high, without motion mess and edge AA. Looks so much better and runs about the same speed

I could play supreme commander at 2.9ghz but orthos took one of the cores to 90c! That was on 1.4 volts. i usually use [email protected] as i feel its safer

Edit - I could play games at 3ghz and get into windows at 3.1ghz. 3ghz was stable in games but crashed in benchmarking. 3.1ghz crashed in games.
I tried for a bit over 3.1 and windows screen mashed on load!

Last edited:
As I suspected, my results were wrong. Not sure why, something screwed up the cvars I guess. But anyway, I fresh installed and got a new result. I'll upload it when I get home -IIRC it was 43.6 which I am very pleased with for an E2180 and 8800GT.

This thread and database is just awesome, love it! Real world systems and benches very informative.

Any chance there could be a 16x10 version or 19x12 some time soon? To see how all these set ups scale with rez?

This thread and database is just awesome, love it! Real world systems and benches very informative.

Any chance there could be a 16x10 version or 19x12 some time soon? To see how all these set ups scale with rez?

Not much point as very few systems will run it mate. Although, I'd like to see some 800x600 very high benchmarks

Ok, please delete my old entry, I've resubmitted now.

Very pleased with my bang for buck.

2002062610916209767_rs.jpg

I must be retarded or something but I am not quite sure how to get the benchmark to work correctly on my system.

I select the options as mentioned (high, dx9 etc.) queue them up, click begin benchmarking run on benchmark_gpu. Then Crysis loads for me goes into the first level and I then start running around shooting stuff, but i dont see an end to the benchmarking, what am i doing wrong? I complete the first level move onto the others and still the benchmark seems to run, and if i quit crysis it doesnt say anything :s

What should i be doing in the benchmark, just keep running around till it finishes a timer or something? Or am i loading something wrong?

Sorry if this sounds ridiculous by i have no idea what the hell i should be doing with it to get a result screen.

system is as follows

vista x64
qx9650
8800 ultra 169.09 drivers
x38 mobo ddr3

Back
Top Bottom