OcUK & Cutters Rolling Road Day 19 @ Powerstation (Tewksbury) - Saturday April 25th 2015!!

Gibbo (sorry been busy all day so only just seen the vids and pics).

You really need to either strip the engine down, and get everything cleaned out, or find a way to flush all the oil ways through (including crank journals) as you can't be sure the oil filter caught all the debis (oil coolers can be a bitch for storing debris too).

Last thing you want to do, is fit new shells only for there to be some crap stuck somewhere that will cause more damage when you get it running again.

Strong reading from your M3 - congrats :)

Has it been modded - i'm guessing so as I'm yet to hear of an E46 M3 that made more power than the quoted figure!

It hit the speed limiter at 160mph in 7th before it revved out. The guys said it was an accurate reading though, and there was actually more power to come (torque curve was still fairly flat and power curve still climbing strongly when the ECU speed limiter kicked in).

I've never done this before, so I'm only going on what they said.
i think this was the car i was most impressed with tbh. it putting out nearly as much power as the v8 m3 and way more torque. :)

Strong reading from your M3 - congrats :)

Has it been modded - i'm guessing so as I'm yet to hear of an E46 M3 that made more power than the quoted figure!

Cheers

The car is standard other than the coilovers I fitted friday night, and a few tweaks to the ecu (Warmup lights, top speed limiter raised, cold start & sap deleted and dyno mode enabled).

Standard rev mapping and rev limiter on it still.

Last edited:
Gibbo (sorry been busy all day so only just seen the vids and pics).

You really need to either strip the engine down, and get everything cleaned out, or find a way to flush all the oil ways through (including crank journals) as you can't be sure the oil filter caught all the debis (oil coolers can be a bitch for storing debris too).

Last thing you want to do, is fit new shells only for there to be some crap stuck somewhere that will cause more damage when you get it running again.

Well removing and dismantling engine is beyond me or certainly what I can do in driveway with the tools I have.

I guess for now need to inspect the shells and take it from there. Depending on what oil coolers cost I could always look at changing that out too and simply put it all back together, let it run for 10-20 mins and then inspect the filter and see what's cracking off.

Well removing and dismantling engine is beyond me or certainly what I can do in driveway with the tools I have.

It's definitely not beyond you mate, you're quite handy!

Driveway isn't ideal though, I assume you have no access to a garage?

Gutted to hear about your problems though, and if you do need a hand, I'm not a million miles away, certainly no ///M expert though!

It's the way the rollers work in order to calculate a more accurate flywheel figure. The wheel figures are to be ignored really, but the flywheel figures should be fairly spot on.

Figured as much, initially I was concerned with my WHP figure but then realised after seeing others that it's just the way the rollers work :p

Vita now image I drove 2.5 hour like that Each way :D And this is the Quiet 4500rpm range around 75mph.
Seen you coming long way in mirror just not bothered. I dont race on streets need licence for work :D

Gotta love when everyone before ware saying this or that is loud :D now You know what Loud is :D

243.jpg

ordered 2 spanners by accident got 2 packets got 4 now lol now each day spray bang spray bang maybe i can get em Apexis moving :D
And waiting for fresh PSF i had some in garage but not sure if PSF or MTF so better not risk it :D

Gibbo whats the situation ??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom