OcUK & Cutters Rolling Road Day 19 @ Powerstation (Tewksbury) - Saturday April 25th 2015!!

See if it were me I'd have just had the car taken to TGM and had them do the work. :D

I never realised these engines were so cheap. It'd be a great engine to shoe horn into an S2000. Nice power increase yet remaining NA.

See if it were me I'd have just had the car taken to TGM and had them do the work. :D

I never realised these engines were so cheap. It'd be a great engine to shoe horn into an S2000. Nice power increase yet remaining NA.

An S2000 would be epic with an S54 with nearly 400 horses NA. :)

Sounds like it's all gone to plan!

Early days yet, time will tell. :)

Good job Gibbo, glad it looks like its working out for you, felt gutted when it happened but seems it has been a bit of a "journey" for you in a good way.

The next few 100 or so miles will tell you everything, hope all is well with it fella!

Yep.

Took the oil filter which was in the car for the 30-40 minutes when it was idling on cheap oil to try and flush anything remaining out.

They said there is still copper in the filter and some carbon deposits. They said all cars will have carbon deposits in the filter, particular more so on a brand new car or new engine.

They said the copper deposits is bearing material but it is very light and is residue debris which the filter is collecting, they said not to worry, the filter will pick it all up and because it is such a soft material it will not do any harm.

They said change the oil and filter in a weeks time and bring that filter for inspection as they would expect to see same amount of copper or less if the problem is now gone and what I am seeing is just residue. If there is more then the car has another issue such as oil starvation causing excessive wear or a problem with the crank. They did say though they think I will be fine, they had a good listen to the engine and said it sounds extremely healthy as S54's are normally quite rattly by nature, mainly from the vanos and top-end but easily mistaken as bottom end noise.

So fingers crossed. :)

oh yeah of course, was just simplifying the matter, im sure that supercharging an S2000 would be more fun and probably a lot cheaper than an engine swap.

according to google, the M3 engine is 217Kg and the F20C is around 150Kg

oh yeah of course, was just simplifying the matter, im sure that supercharging an S2000 would be more fun and probably a lot cheaper than an engine swap.

according to google, the M3 engine is 217Kg and the F20C is around 150Kg

217! that has to be with a gearbox, shirley. Although I think mine is 200 without a gearbox...

That vid is the right way around!

60kg (50kg vs a supercharged F20) is a big diff, especially if the engine has to sit further forward

Even if we've got something on, if you're prepared to hang about we can fit you in.
Price for one person is £60 +vat
That's not diagnostics, that's just a run or two (whatever it needs) with hook ups to OBD and what not if its new enough.

Back
Top Bottom