OcUK Dadsnet thread

Associate
Ah yeh that seems like a good age, I got a few more years until I can enjoy the nerf stage :D

My son has loved Hotwheels toy cars for years and still plays with them regularly. I also started him with Lego quite young and would build them together initially which was nice. Those two have probably been the best value for money in terms of usage. He seems to go through phases much more than my daughter who just loves dolly's/barbies and dressing up.

Soldato
Both my boys are not really into "toys" as such apart from NERF guns. The are 4 and 8 and are only really into the switch or Fortnite on pc. That or you tube and tablets

Soldato
Excuse me that is rather rude! I don't know why I have to explain myself to you but anyway my wife is from a large family (she is Irish) and always wanted at least three children. I was happy with only having two but you know how things are. We had three and wanted a 4th well it ended up being twins, not a lot we can do about that sorry.

Ignore him, that was a really snide comment from him.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
My son has loved Hotwheels toy cars for years and still plays with them regularly. I also started him with Lego quite young and would build them together initially which was nice. Those two have probably been the best value for money in terms of usage. He seems to go through phases much more than my daughter who just loves dolly's/barbies and dressing up.
Ah yes, I'm in that stage with them at the moment. Lots of hot wheels and lego for my eldest, then duplo for my little'n :) Nerf stage looks fun though! :)

Anyone know a non-extortionate place to get a good quality two seater ride on/in car for them? They've outgrown their little ones and these big ones seem massively overpriced.

I can't wait until they're old enough for go-karts!

Soldato
Hahahaha you're both shady as **** :cry: R/C wise I've got my 4yo an rc digger and my 2yo an rc Paw Patrol police car... I'm now finding out I'm doing it completely wrong!:cry:

Oooh educational tablet or the normal kind? How old are they? (The kids, not the tablet lol)
Proper tablet, but a cheap one. Think it's a Samsung a7 lite. Come to think of it we do already have nerf guns which they love. They are 7 and 5. When I got the first nerf gun I think my son was 3 or 4 and he struggled to **** it, but I got them both a flywheel one each (in hindsight it means I now get shot more often:p).

Soldato
I'm privileged enough to be given 4 weeks paternity leave. We don't have to take it all in one however it must be in week long increments. My initial feeling was to take it all at the same time but then again I might be fed up of a new born after a few weeks and want to go back to work. :D
I took my PAT leave all in one go (12 weeks). Really helped us out as was able to do as much as possible in the that time - and after a couple of weeks we were able to start going out everyday, which we found much better for us and baby rather than being trapped in the house all the time

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Proper tablet, but a cheap one. Think it's a Samsung a7 lite. Come to think of it we do already have nerf guns which they love. They are 7 and 5. When I got the first nerf gun I think my son was 3 or 4 and he struggled to **** it, but I got them both a flywheel one each (in hindsight it means I now get shot more often:p).
Ah cool, I think I'll wait a few more years before a tablet then :) I just looked up the flywheel nerfs... my kids need to get older quick! :D

Buy kids these....

05IPHMWl.jpg

Buy yourself this...pro dad skills

lNPOmFzl.jpg
Mad!! Ah if only we had these when I was a kid!

OG

OG

Associate
First day back today after 8 weeks paternity leave with our first baby. So incredibly happy we get offered such long leave as the first couple weeks were very much 'survival' mode but since then have been forcing ourselves out the house for lunch/walks and just walking into town, does feel quite odd now being back at work but hoping we can start figuring out some form of routine where I can hang out with our baby in the mornings or evenings so wifey can have some time for herself!

Soldato
... but hoping we can start figuring out some form of routine where I can hang out with our baby in the mornings or evenings so wifey can have some time for herself!
This is the bit we have struggled with since I went back to work, baby is still asleep normally when I get up and only about an hour from bedtime by the time I finish work, makes it hard to contribute my fair share of the duties and it's starting to annoy my misses greatly!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
This is the bit we have struggled with since I went back to work, baby is still asleep normally when I get up and only about an hour from bedtime by the time I finish work, makes it hard to contribute my fair share of the duties and it's starting to annoy my misses greatly!
This is the reason I never went back to work once my contract finished, well not because of the missus but because I missed my boys growing up.

Whilst I was working I did the dinner, baths and bedtime as well as night time duties to give the wifey a breather from the day. I didn't get any sleep for a year or two but hey ho, worth it :)

Last edited:

OG

OG

Associate

This is the reason I never went back to work once my contract finished, well not because of the missus but because I missed my boys growing up.

Whilst I was working I did the dinner, baths and bedtime as well as night time duties to give the wifey a breather from the day. I didn't get any sleep for a year or two but hey ho, worth it :)

Good to know, I'm fortunate I can work from home for the majority of the week so hoping I can still help out with bathtimes and things but we'll see how we go. Don't think we can afford for me to stop work anytime soon!

Back
Top Bottom