OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
If your eldest is "crusty" and there are no signs of spots on your youngest, then I would risk taking the holiday. You wouldn't take your youngest child out of school "just in case" they are infectious, nor would I not go on holiday.

IF spots start to appear before you leave, then I would abandon the holiday.

Agreed. In fact the school would probably get quite annoyed if you kept them away just in case.

Grandparents will be with us so we’ll probably just keep the little one entertained away from the more crowded areas like the pool if he takes a turn for the worse.

Soldato
Sorry for the mumsnet type question but in the following circumstances 'Am I being unreasonable?'

Myself & my partner are currently in the Labour ward (day 3, although today is the last before section).
The Mrs has a group messenger chat with her friends, about 13 people.

Her phone is constantly beeping with messages of "is he here yet?" or "any news" etc.

I've joined the group chat and posted:

"Can you all just stop messaging every 5 seconds. People will be told on OUR timetable, with family told first, no exceptions.
If you were that bothered, given most of you are 30mins away or less, you'd have been and visited over the last 4 weeks whilst Bec was in and out of hospital.
Only ONE of you has. "

Since then it's been pretty quiet but my Mrs isn't too happy with me.

Soldato
OP
Sorry for the mumsnet type question but in the following circumstances 'Am I being unreasonable?'

Myself & my partner are currently in the Labour ward (day 3, although today is the last before section).
The Mrs has a group messenger chat with her friends, about 13 people.

Her phone is constantly beeping with messages of "is he here yet?" or "any news" etc.

I've joined the group chat and posted:

"Can you all just stop messaging every 5 seconds. People will be told on OUR timetable, with family told first, no exceptions.
If you were that bothered, given most of you are 30mins away or less, you'd have been and visited over the last 4 weeks whilst Bec was in and out of hospital.
Only ONE of you has. "

Since then it's been pretty quiet but my Mrs isn't too happy with me.
I think that, given the circumstances you're gonna get lots of attention. We just ignored most of it as we had more important stuff going on. Perhaps your wording was a bit much. I'd have been a bit gentler about it. Eg "thanks for all the comments, we are just going to switch off until after the baby comes"

Soldato
I think that, given the circumstances you're gonna get lots of attention. We just ignored most of it as we had more important stuff going on. Perhaps your wording was a bit much. I'd have been a bit gentler about it. Eg "thanks for all the comments, we are just going to switch off until after the baby comes"

I get that, I do, however this is our 2nd and it was the same for our first.

Soldato
We just setup a whatsapp group, invited anyone that was interested and shared details in there.
I too completely blanked the people that made zero effort.

When things like this happen you can tell the people that actually care, they as to visit and just to let them know as things happen rather than bombard you with calls and texts.

Soldato
OP
Tbh we didn't want any visitors until after we had settled back in, so I think I might have a different perspective here. I can understand how you would be upset if people who only cared enough to text but not to take any action were wasting your time. I would have just ignored it, myself, but mainly because I find that easier than becoming embroiled in any drama

Soldato
I wonder if there would be much interest in a separate thread for Georges story. The wife spoke to his cardiac surgeon the other day and he was saying he is amazed at him his biggest success case when it comes to beating the odds.

Gone from this.
7_V2e9adj8c1z8EqRRZ5jJzf0rR327na_MWc2cUuYNarQEMUcR1MyUllaOMpUG0Hai_tkciTnfGNBKcbA9_pnSTfWOdPU-i7WjK-OfdS5ulL8gQydiFljNVZpzNxJ9J2e1Y3SMnozvxNwQnU1l71mtXHDDCKDXH5csTdWqHDqCto6UnGUpI-DuQdZP3aRuAMsX_ilLyKzGNb4deSo-1iFB2E6txm6u5xyYBjjp3ONary7NexRAgm-ySNCUdRO4ppefnv0hxcfwpa_z0su2rxhWa42lXNVV8xogkwmt2GMBYmt5S6Up2uywHn84QNMQeDHsCXvktnN8TknKWDGLlJjOngAGfNS2YeTgs8255OOImYflnxTQ5Qvi1fLyW3nI3JobsM4prWtfIRAIVsaOW4maEy8MPSutwpcb7Zn__pA2Vnu1_zno7WHMPCNiE-LabfN7u_5-Ej_XHHLBqjB2GlAmR3ZCYYA--9oaJzEcohJnDm0eN0wUNWzqd8bgZyct_np0txhRrAdxCC3GEbc67bXgJCKaTabq1ESbc1Zz9_D6flz3xU1I-mJPS8Pd-4Duo2HqT5NgUAjPdJw26yxjBQhlch-sBwbxMXOSYOOYGOmqYNDbD7D9YBDYu8GkFipwTAYyAmG0icPpYiiTyPaf9N7A49NiEwB-A=w625-h460-no

To this in a year.
ZkgtKBWfI5JbC617bzGtNVi4EhEnGmuaDubQHyeVnu2z5-bSAnLYLncLyaMRRlT8-9LbAoQ6593-JHd2fxdnOsIjqZ2w1wajGO-l-krSn1RTNgCQmDRhzYZ07lMSnlF1NMN_cdi8pWOHWC1pxQi6yHT-oGJVlwj4avSWO3xiuJ2GSg5Aysf-vXkszYZFYY-AYIwG-w758_vk2HVYHq5M3kKothhSqr3yrE7DQ0ydO4o7xZH0i_820Q400Swz2uV0wgYdMaGNqsE3uQVdBG-thHH7IMtxGJl0qGFZY_tOoYQMGm6J-9vJhwWEAJ57YjwvN9MOP5QxxigBvW9LODKoHfKl7YZyo0ggLD5cD27d2TKnc9XE8IzCdbLuK5ZH7jzSe_TMr9dIPkRwMVG7YkHBhno4eH4IinTflW6TjSxYDFfYnAC8JEFGgLx5UU1xp3V0ExTihLn5xo1SCYeTTmj_v5e9OJkbH-Z_Z-4AdNzQYm7sugCpAWHCIBRLrolVNFwefOe73cTeu2Dv6wcoT1IHDN3hwKZTjxZVsl7nbEcmdb6OVKH9fcCpo-4DhpfmPphXyoD8IO2Z2I7wgSqfscc4lKvum9z6IkTxv3H1bVcjv2WuD2jdrEMWRq38VCxiQLuZTnZk5jwrbNXgD3C7bWTMf65JZRlR9Ws=w400-h800-no

Soldato
The biggest pain now is, we had been advised this might have been avoidable. Were actually starting legal talks, basically a nurse ignored my wife saying something wasnt right and that she thought the baby was coming. That was over a good 8 hours, she later insisted a doctor look and when they did the head was there, the wife was rushed through to delivery and gave birth within 20 minutes at that point. There saying the nurse who ignored my wife saying you cant be in labour your not in enough pain was negligent and the baby partially stuck head out can cause the issues he had.

Soldato
The biggest pain now is, we had been advised this might have been avoidable. Were actually starting legal talks, basically a nurse ignored my wife saying something wasnt right and that she thought the baby was coming. That was over a good 8 hours, she later insisted a doctor look and when they did the head was there, the wife was rushed through to delivery and gave birth within 20 minutes at that point. There saying the nurse who ignored my wife saying you cant be in labour your not in enough pain was negligent and the baby partially stuck head out can cause the issues he had.

I'd be after blood to be perfectly frank. Genuinely would be insisting on criminal charges and jail time.

Soldato

We just setup a whatsapp group, invited anyone that was interested and shared details in there.
I too completely blanked the people that made zero effort.

When things like this happen you can tell the people that actually care, they as to visit and just to let them know as things happen rather than bombard you with calls and texts.

Thanks for the responses guys.

We did set up a messenger group and that's where this all kicked off.

Anyhow it's all done now.

My son was born at ten to midnight, weighing a healthy 7lb 3oz, by c-section

:D

Soldato

Congratulations. What a great weight, same as mine. Good luck with your wife's C-section recovery.

On your group message, to be honest I'd have said something earlier just to say stop asking, we will tell you when there's something to say. Or better yet not make a group to start with.

Soldato
Had anyones young ones been hit with a virus? My 3yr old has been knocked for six since Monday. Not eaten much, enflamed tonsils, nasty dry cough and no energy at all. I don't even know what to do with him at moment. Doesn't want to play or do anything. Lots of cuddles though which is nice. Docs said could last 10 days. So this will be day 5.

Soldato
OP

Congrats mate!
Had anyones young ones been hit with a virus? My 3yr old has been knocked for six since Monday. Not eaten much, enflamed tonsils, nasty dry cough and no energy at all. I don't even know what to do with him at moment. Doesn't want to play or do anything. Lots of cuddles though which is nice. Docs said could last 10 days. So this will be day 5.

Yeah my girl has had a cough for like 10 days. Started with a temperature then a cough she couldn't shake. Chicken pox was on the rampage at our nursery so we thought it might be that. Had a couple spots come up last weekend, but then they disappeared so now we aren't sure (unless she just got a very mild case). Either that or it's just a standard winter bug.

Man of Honour
Just had the 12 week scan for our 2nd. Was so excited, you tend to only think about seeing your baby and getting a nice picture to take away

But we were told there was a high NT measurement, 5cm when the cause for concern starts at 3.5. This means the baby is at higher risk of things like Downs or heart defects among other things. The risk only goes up the higher above 3.5 you go. Obviously, it can mean nothing and there's also many normal reasons it could be high. I've stupidly been on Google all morning now which as you'd expect has only made things worse

We've had the bloods taken which will give us a clearer indication. But I'm going to pay for a private NIPT which is 99% accurate.

I'm just so deflated :( I know it could well be fine, but I just can't help think the worst :(

Permabanned

We had similar, after the usual "is this your first?" question, basically telling my mrs to stop overreacting - she was 8cm dilated when we forced them to check! We still have it now every time we go to the doctors with an issue, always ask if shes our first, if answer is yes basically assume you're an overreacting idiot!

Back
Top Bottom