OcUK Dadsnet thread

Associate
Trying to remember what is was like with our first, 4 more later it becomes a bit blurry :cry:

If the other half is going to breast feed, all the better it will save you a small fortune for one, and with my wife we never had a single bad nights sleep as the wife co slept with all 5 of them over the years and once they on the boob, not a peep out of them all night. Some women don't like co sleeping and prefer to put them in a crib to sleep on there own. Well we never did that and never had a single problem and we all slept like babies :cool: Keep in mind that all 5 of mine were breast fed and slept in the same bed as the wife over the baby years.

Also, give the other half a helping hand with nappy's and stuff, it was hard going for the first few months but after you all settle down you will have a great time!

Congrats on the pregnancy and I hope all goes well for both of you.

Oh forgot to say, I still got time to get on the computer, maybe not as much at the beginning but once a routine was in place it was fine. Although my wife is an absolute legend and gave me the time I wanted. This is a bit of a balancing act though as she tended not to say anything if she felt I wasn't chipping in enough and I needed a swift boot up the arse!

Associate
Trying to remember what is was like with our first, 4 more later it becomes a bit blurry :cry:

If the other half is going to breast feed, all the better it will save you a small fortune for one, and with my wife we never had a single bad nights sleep as the wife co slept with all 5 of them over the years and once they on the boob, not a peep out of them all night. Some women don't like co sleeping and prefer to put them in a crib to sleep on there own. Well we never did that and never had a single problem and we all slept like babies :cool: Keep in mind that all 5 of mine were breast fed and slept in the same bed as the wife over the baby years.

Also, give the other half a helping hand with nappy's and stuff, it was hard going for the first few months but after you all settle down you will have a great time!

Congrats on the pregnancy and I hope all goes well for both of you.

Oh forgot to say, I still got time to get on the computer, maybe not as much at the beginning but once a routine was in place it was fine. Although my wife is an absolute legend and gave me the time I wanted. This is a bit of a balancing act though as she tended not to say anything if she felt I wasn't chipping in enough and I needed a swift boot up the arse!

Thank you very much, appreciate it.

At the minute, we have invested so much in Tommee Tippee gear I should have shares in the company! We have also bought the Next 2 me air Chicco crib. We have been quite organised so far and have been lucky in terms of family buying bits here and there. Nappies, clothes amongst other things. BT 6000 even purchased!

I can't wait but nervous at the same time. Even making sure I hold the baby correctly makes me panic lol

Soldato
Any Dads of twins in here? We're into our fourth week of having them home after 5 weeks in hospital and it's relentless haha. My life at the moment is wake up for work, come home, nappy changes, feeds, housework, cooking, rinse and repeat. The Mrs is exhausted with the constant breast feeding all hours and I'm starting to flag too.

I'm a father of twins, they are 3 now. We were back and forth to the hospital for 7 months after birth with colic and other bugs. Honestly it was absolute hell. I also have an older son(12) and we have another boy who's 4. I worked shifts sometimes finishing at midnight and my partner needed help feeding during the night as the twins had problems taking a bottle.

The first year honestly felt like my life expectancy dropped 10-15 years and when I hear people tell me they are tired/exhausted I always go back to that point and think you have no idea haha! It's gets easier man, we got by and tried to help each other as much as possible with giving each other.naps during day etc. My parents also helped a bunch giving my partner some rest time while I worked.

All the hard work aside seeing a twins bond grow as they age is something incredible, you'll love it man. Take it easy a d look after each other, you need to haha.

Soldato
I want twins :(

I'll make to with my 3yr old and the new baby that's due in a month.

May have a 3rd.. really want a baby girl instead of all boys!

Soldato
Thank you guys. It’s our first and yes I agree a few people have quoted the same to me. Do I have to give up gaming altogether?! I just manage an hour or so on console these days as it stands lol!

Really looking forward to the challenge. I went through a tough time with my ex wife and IVF which was unsuccessful a few years ago now so this is a dream come true.
First few weeks are great because baby just sleeps. I used to do the evening shift and had her plonked on my desk whilst I played video games/watched YouTube. Then I'd take her up at 1/2am and my wife would wake up at 5am. Switchover at 9am and repeat.

Soldato
Thank you very much, appreciate it.

At the minute, we have invested so much in Tommee Tippee gear I should have shares in the company! We have also bought the Next 2 me air Chicco crib. We have been quite organised so far and have been lucky in terms of family buying bits here and there. Nappies, clothes amongst other things. BT 6000 even purchased!

I can't wait but nervous at the same time. Even making sure I hold the baby correctly makes me panic lol
Don't overdo it. Half of it you might not use or will be outgrown before you can say "full nights sleep".

Associate
I'm a father of twins, they are 3 now. We were back and forth to the hospital for 7 months after birth with colic and other bugs. Honestly it was absolute hell. I also have an older son(12) and we have another boy who's 4. I worked shifts sometimes finishing at midnight and my partner needed help feeding during the night as the twins had problems taking a bottle.

The first year honestly felt like my life expectancy dropped 10-15 years and when I hear people tell me they are tired/exhausted I always go back to that point and think you have no idea haha! It's gets easier man, we got by and tried to help each other as much as possible with giving each other.naps during day etc. My parents also helped a bunch giving my partner some rest time while I worked.

All the hard work aside seeing a twins bond grow as they age is something incredible, you'll love it man. Take it easy a d look after each other, you need to haha.
We spent the first 5 weeks in hospital as they were born at 32 weeks and 3 days. I postponed my paternity until we got them home so everyday was a drive to the hospital, then to work, then back to hospital. It got tiring twoards the end.

I think I was on the verge of a breakdown at the end of week 2 of having them home. The worst was when I was changing our boys nappy and he was utterly bawling his eyes out and I didn't know what was wrong... and then I realised he was peeing all over his own face haha!

We're now about a month home and weirdly, it does get easier. You get used to the smells and noises and even though babies throw routines out of the window, you have a kind-off routine B to fall back on for things like nappy changes, feeds etc. It might not happen when you want it to, but you have the steps to deal with it.

Soldato
Need to look at a new pushchair for our youngest, something that folds up small, has large wheels and isn't crap like the Silvercross Zest we have now that is literally falling apart.

Also need to get another car chair looking at one that swings to the side so it makes it easier to get the eldest out who's 4 now.

Associate
Having 2 daughters now in their late 20s you forget the daily battle to get simple things done in a reasonable time.
Cue grandkids and you realise after a stint of baby sitting/ sleep over, how much energy a 4 year old has.
It takes the next day to recharge your batteries, and I've only just hit 50:confused:

Soldato
Need to look at a new pushchair for our youngest, something that folds up small, has large wheels and isn't crap like the Silvercross Zest we have now that is literally falling apart.

Also need to get another car chair looking at one that swings to the side so it makes it easier to get the eldest out who's 4 now.
Our lot swear by CityMiniGT by Baby Jogger. They're inexpensive on Facebook.

Associate

We got the Oyster 3 travel system by Babystyle. It has huge rear wheels!
I think you can get the pram separately rather having to by the travel system

Associate
Having 2 daughters now in their late 20s you forget the daily battle to get simple things done in a reasonable time.
Cue grandkids and you realise after a stint of baby sitting/ sleep over, how much energy a 4 year old has.
It takes the next day to recharge your batteries, and I've only just hit 50:confused:

Our first didn't arrive until I was 39 and our 2nd made her appearance when I was 42. I'm now 44 and have a 4yo and a 2yo. It is certainly testing on the tiredness front!

Soldato

We got a outnabout system for the twins, it folds well and has great durability for anywhere you go.

Car seats we swore by the Joie ones, we had the spin360 for the twins till they were 2.5 years old and after we have purchase the joie fortifi, they are a bit more on the expensive end but they are head and shoulder above the rest. Were also able to recover most of the cost of the spin360 later re selling them.

Man of Honour
Just started watching the thread. Baby due 5th August..... starting to feel scary now!
The NCT classes are good for meeting people and sharing experiences throughout and my mrs speaks to the girls there a lot. I found the course itself not that great, it’s all pretty obvious and some would say outdated. But for meeting people it’s great.

Also stock up on freezer meals, be they Tesco or home cooked. As you will not have time to be able to properly home cook once the baby is born.

Congrats and good luck.

Associate
The NCT classes are good for meeting people and sharing experiences throughout and my mrs speaks to the girls there a lot. I found the course itself not that great, it’s all pretty obvious and some would say outdated. But for meeting people it’s great.

Also stock up on freezer meals, be they Tesco or home cooked. As you will not have time to be able to properly home cook once the baby is born.

Congrats and good luck.
Thank you Chris, much appreciate it.
Yeah will look at the NCT classes I know people at work and my sister spoke very highly of them to meet new faces etc. Probably good to share experience/advice as well as on here too.

Soldato
We got a outnabout system for the twins, it folds well and has great durability for anywhere you go.

Car seats we swore by the Joie ones, we had the spin360 for the twins till they were 2.5 years old and after we have purchase the joie fortifi, they are a bit more on the expensive end but they are head and shoulder above the rest. Were also able to recover most of the cost of the spin360 later re selling them.
He's 4 so that's no good.
Looking at prices maybe it's actually worth just having another silvercross they're less than half the price of those suggested.

Back
Top Bottom