OcUK DDoS attack - £10,000 reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I am mildly surprised that OCUKs hosts don't have some protection in place to be honest.

Well if the information on the Serverstream site is anything to go by dedicated servers are protected by Cisco ASA's......which you'll like being a Juniper guy. ;)

On a seperate note i feel for anyone who has endured such an attack, i have several customers who have experienced both DOS and DDOS attacks on there own infrastucture it's not just an inconvinience more importantly it's very costly, i wouldnt like to hazard a guess on how much business the website processes each day but one would assume many thousands, i do wish people could make better use of there time but then unfortunately thats the nature of the internet and the freedom it provides.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone wanting to take a (good) retailer down like this is fundamentally breaking the law - but I hope and trust they will get what's coming to them.

Soldato
Well id imagine its an individual with a grudge to bear. So that must narrow things down a tad.

proving its the difficult part i guess!

Or it could be a script kiddy trying to have some fun but doesn't realise the consequences. Hope you're successful Spie, this is one of the few forums I visit :D.

Soldato
Put me down for a mug :)

Sorry to hear this has happened. Hopefully it can be sorted quickly and you can resume your daily OcUK routine.

(I hope when I return in March the mugs will be available to buy:) )

Associate
It was meeeeeeeeeee!!!

Now that Ive solved the case.. please can you transfer the monies to my bank account via western unionnnnnnnnnnnn. Thank you please.

:D:D

but seriously.. hope you get them..

Soldato
i think this is a very well planned and executed viral advertising campaign for ocuk mugs which, will no doubt be out soon. I tip my hat to you spie, you are indeed the godfather.

Caporegime
Well, just when I was thinking Virgin media had gone crap on me.

This is bad, whatever the motive, attacking a business & employer is plain wrong at any time never mind this current climate.

I hope this is resolved quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom