OcUK DDoS attack - £10,000 reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
its really hard to defend against a ddos attack as any means you put in place would also affect any legit users trying to access, as ddoss attacks are random ip clusters which are just computers like mine and yours that have been infected with malware that turns a computer into a remote soldier.

The methods of big business to defend against this is to buy up huge amount of bandwidth to soak up the attacks , ddos's are common with gambling websites as bad guys hold sites to ransom on big sporting days.

but for relatively small business like ocuk, there isnt anything to do short of actually knowing who's to blame and having evidence, which is why there is a reward.

Soldato
No one is going to find out who did it and then get 10k, I reckon it's most likely one of those posts the attacker may see and it'll probably stop now.

The damage is still done however. I don't think anyone can find out technically without access to the servers, so the gist is if anyone may know someone who's doing it, or be privvy to certain cirlces where they may be able to find out.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Is it still safe to shop on the website whilst this is going on?

You should be safe if you can get on. The attacks shouldn't be intercepting any data, they're just maxing out the servers capabilities by using thousands of simultaneous connections, rendering the site unresponsive.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Is it still safe to shop on the website whilst this is going on?
Yes. Security has not been compromised. However, server uptime has so if you have problems call us on one of these numbers.

Sales - UK 0870 443 0880
Sales - International +44 870 443 0880
Support - UK 0871 222 8528
Support - International +44 871 222 8528
Systems Support - UK 0871 222 8529
Systems Support - International +44 871 222 8529

Man of Honour
Even if the site had been security compromised (and nothing suggests it has) aslong as your card issue uses visa secure or similiar you would still be as safe as you've ever been shopping with OCuk.

Soldato
if the culprit is reading this then id like to take this oppertunity to call them a loooooooserrrrr

hope you get this sorted as soon as possible spie :)

Associate
The damage is still done however. I don't think anyone can find out technically without access to the servers, so the gist is if anyone may know someone who's doing it, or be privvy to certain cirlces where they may be able to find out.

Im being very naive here but there are actually forums/websites that organise these kind of attacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom