OcUK DDoS attack - £10,000 reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Don't some manufacturers even provide utilities to permanently change the MAC of a NIC? It's completely untraceable.

Yup. Which is why 99% of the time when these attacks happen, X company threatens them with legal action (just like Spie stated) and eventually when the DDOS attacks stop (like now) the issue slowly fades away. The culprit loses the company a couple thousand and never caught and everything is forgotten within a few months.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
There are people in the World that do this for fun/competition. Competition between hackers in Russia & other countrys has brought various business sites down in the past. Only reason was to beat the other team.

As for all the Hate from other Forums I'd put that down to small mindedness & jealousy. No other site/forum is as busy as this with such an Active community surrounding tech, Instigating an attack like this or just picking up on Every single complaint over a 9 year period is there only way of having a dig. Also just posting about Overclockers increases traffic & Google hits.
It's not Rocket science.
Well said Malc. You've just summed up the situation perfectly.

Associate
Yup. Which is why 99% of the time when these attacks happen, X company threatens them with legal action (just like Spie stated) and eventually when the DDOS attacks stop (like now) the issue slowly fades away. The culprit loses the company a couple thousand and never caught and everything is forgotten within a few months.

True, but still, regardless of whether or not it's possible to change a MAC address, you can't trace anybody by it.

Soldato
Whoever is doing thisd must be some special type of loser. OcUK have been around for a long time now and despite what these muppets would have you believe have one of the most succesful and closest communities on the net, at least in the UK. So successful every man and his dog can do no better than copy it or **** it off.

They are all losers.

Associate
There are people in the World that do this for fun/competition. Competition between hackers in Russia & other countrys has brought various business sites down in the past. Only reason was to beat the other team.

As for all the Hate from other Forums I'd put that down to small mindedness & jealousy. No other site/forum is as busy as this with such an Active community surrounding tech, Instigating an attack like this or just picking up on Every single complaint over a 9 year period is there only way of having a dig. Also just posting about Overclockers increases traffic & Google hits.
It's not Rocket science.

Well said, just find it sad people would do this.

Unique forum and a great community will keep me here, people can copy OcUK but it has a special appeal.

Associate
The only experience I've ever had of a DDoS is against my gaming server. Two sites it it at a combined 100MBp/s rate, we tracked the two sites, traced the IP's that had remoted into them (They had been hacked for the attack) and got the kid that did it dealt with my his school. He was in Spokane, Washington, and the whole tracking process only took a few days. I take it we aren't being attacked by sites? That's going by what's in the above posts anyway.

Permabanned
re

even if i did know who it was..i certainly would not grass them up..not even for 20000,sorry thats just the way i am:)

oh yeah you can change ur mac address using smac 2.0 or using a Hardware spoofer,its very easy to do :)

The software here is probably the best HW spoofer on the net....spoofs your hardrive and mac address,router,the lot!

http://www.thekernelspoofer.com/

the one from Battleapps was even better!

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
even if i did know who it was..i certainly would not grass them up..not even for 20000,sorry thats just the way i am:)

You do know the Criminals that invented that BS were the Biggest Grasses of them all. Keeping bent coppers in there pocket & setting up rival crims was second nature to them. Installing the No grassing rule was just a front to control small minded miniuns who couldn't think for themselves, Are you one of those or do you think for yourself ?

Even when my own Liberty was at stake I did Not Grass but that's an Entirely different matter to Trying to prevent a business going under which would result in Numerous job losses & the end of the forum we use.
I personally do not see this as Grassing but see it as mine & every single members duty.

Soldato
You do know the Criminals that invented that BS were the Biggest Grasses of them all. Keeping bent coppers in there pocket & setting up rival crims was second nature to them. Installing the No grassing rule was just a front to control small minded miniuns who couldn't think for themselves, Are you one of those or do you think for yourself ?

Even when my own Liberty was at stake I did Not Grass but that's an Entirely different matter to Trying to prevent a business going under which would result in Numerous job losses & the end of the forum we use.
I personally do not see this as Grassing but see it as mine & every single members duty.

Yeah, but its not really our duty is it. Seeing how 99% of the people here can't do a thing anyway because they don't know anything/enough about it.

Being a member isn't an obligation in any way to do anything.

Although, personally, I would 'grass' because I want that £10K.

Soldato
Well each to there own mate but for me I see Us as a Community that should reach out to each other in times of need & The Shop/Forums needs us now.

Yeah, I sort of see it as a community and also as a random forum where I happen to spend too much time.

OcUK owes its members a lot too for answering all the spec threads and the like consistently, truthfully, voluntarily and for free.

Soldato
Don't know why your post hasn't been deleted, and you haven't been permabanned yet :confused:

Only a matter of time I should imagine :(

Maybe because its his opinion? Just because you or I don't agree with it, doesn't warrant a permaban. At worst, his post should be deleted, nothing more.

Stop being so uptight about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom