OcUK DDoS attack - £10,000 reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read a fair bit of the thread, but I seemed to have joined a bit late :p

People have said it could have been their (sp?) computers involved with the attacks and not even know it etc..How would this be done exactly?

Only ask because I randomly for a virus the other day, so it's kind of a co-incidence, although probably not and just some annoying new trojan using some exploit in windows no doubt.

Your PC becomes infected by a "worm" that doesn't require you to do something stupid like most viruses/malware; it just exploits holes in Windows.

This worm is then spread to other users who aren't patched up, and before long there is thousands of infected machines.

These machines now essentially are an army of drones, ready to strike.

The person in control of the drones simply tells the vast number of machines to attack a certain target. This is what people are calling a "botnet".

That's about as simple an explanation as I could come up with :)

Your PC becomes infected by a "worm" that doesn't require you to do something stupid like most viruses/malware; it just exploits holes in Windows.

This worm is then spread to other users who aren't patched up, and before long there is thousands of infected machines.

These machines now essentially are an army of drones, ready to strike.

The person in control of the drones simply tells the vast number of machines to attack a certain target. This is what people are calling a "botnet".

That's about as simple an explanation as I could come up with :)

Cool, thanks for that :)

I have a new install now though, so hopefully I don't get another! Blasted thing's.

Infact, anyone who has been known to make a virus / worm / trojan should be persecuted.

Or is that a bit harsh? :p

There are but most are NSFW ;)

Photoshopped men tbh.

Wait if that is the case this quote shouldn't exist as I do believe Kell_ee001 is a female but then maybe she is a figment of my imagination but then how could I quote her post?.....
*Brain Melts*

LOL :D

Has no-one done you a decent siggy yet? :(

Mine was a tad OTT to say the least. :)

They haven't and yes, yours just scared me! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom