**OcUK Extreme Haswell bundle - A review!**

Associate
Rog Formula, Xspc waterblock, and teamgroup 16gb kit in gold.. Yeah I know, this is going to be a pita to sort out colour a colour scheme. Just waiting on my case and the Photon res/pump combo. I'm as happy as a Fatherless male child on Father's day :)
Turn around from ordering to shipping was fast though, I was shocked to say the least

Soldato
Rog Formula, Xspc waterblock, and teamgroup 16gb kit in gold.. Yeah I know, this is going to be a pita to sort out colour a colour scheme. Just waiting on my case and the Photon res/pump combo. I'm as happy as a Fatherless male child on Father's day :)
Turn around from ordering to shipping was fast though, I was shocked to say the least

nice, have fun :D

What max clocks are peeps getting with these chips?

Soldato
OP
I'm at 5.1, tonester is hitting 4.9 with a matx board, paired with a good board I'd think most should be hitting 4.9 minimum on water.

Have another psc kit and gskill samsung kit to test this weekend too :)

Nice choice of parts hak :)

Soldato
OP
No folding just pi runs and perhaps some 3dmark if I can be bothered to clock the nuts off of my 780 :)

Already have a set of psc that do 2400 8-12-8, so thats the benchmark for these kits to beat.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
What max clocks are peeps getting with these chips?
It all depends on how much watercooling you use and how much voltage you are willing to try.

I think they'll all do 4.9/5.0 with a good watercooling set up if you are willing to push to 1.4V or beyond.

We are just finishing off a couple of systems using the same chips, i think we are launching them at 4.8GHz with less than 1.35V

Soldato
It all depends on how much watercooling you use and how much voltage you are willing to try.

I think they'll all do 4.9/5.0 with a good watercooling set up if you are willing to push to 1.4V or beyond.

We are just finishing off a couple of systems using the same chips, i think we are launching them at 4.8GHz with less than 1.35V

Save a good chip for me for next week please - see 5UB, or thread in cs.

Mark

Associate
Got mine today, only had time for opening the box but hopefully will set it up tomorrow night. Got it with ROG Forumla, 16Gb RAM and using OCUK 240mm Fathom with SR1, an EVGA Titan Signature going in for good measure, all in 800D case.

Quite looking forward to building this little lot:)

Fred

Associate
Guys I'm a little confused, got this installed tonight and it works fine apart from the fact that it never steps down from 4.6Ghz even at idle. The speedstep settings appeared to be setup correctly.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Fred

Soldato
Guys I'm a little confused, got this installed tonight and it works fine apart from the fact that it never steps down from 4.6Ghz even at idle. The speedstep settings appeared to be setup correctly.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Fred

Hi Fred,

I have the same problem - I hope someone has an answer for us as it seems silly to always run at 4.7Ghz and 1.31V in my case. You using an X bios or standard bios? Maybe the X bioses don't allow it to ramp down at idle. Hopefully Pgi or someone will be along to advise us.

Great board though I must admit.

Cheers

Mark

Associate
Any of you tried a serious 4770k overclock on mini itx board?
I have an Asus z87i-pro with 8gb avexir, runing at 2133mhz.
Will be installing watercooling in November, just a cpu loop based on D5.

Associate
Hi Fred,

I have the same problem - I hope someone has an answer for us as it seems silly to always run at 4.7Ghz and 1.31V in my case. You using an X bios or standard bios? Maybe the X bioses don't allow it to ramp down at idle. Hopefully Pgi or someone will be along to advise us.

Great board though I must admit.

Cheers

Mark

I figured it out, I usually set my machines to the high performance power profile. This has always worked for me, but not on this combination. I've switched it to balanced and it now steps down.

I'll probably install Process Lasso and use that to change the power profile when certain apps start.

Regards
Fred

Soldato
Just noticed you've mounted your EK block north-south - I just switched to Haswell and I'm running west east, does the chip run this way under the heatspreader?

Soldato
I figured it out, I usually set my machines to the high performance power profile. This has always worked for me, but not on this combination. I've switched it to balanced and it now steps down.

I'll probably install Process Lasso and use that to change the power profile when certain apps start.

Regards
Fred

Hi Fred,

Glad your sorted :) but I am already on balanced, and mine does not step down. As this is not a fresh install after the change of mobo I may well try setting power plan to high performance and then re set to balanced and see if that does it. Might try the backup bios if not. Which bios are you running the standard or X bios?

Edit - have now solved half the problem by re setting power plan - cpu now steps down to 800Mghz at idle as it should, but the v core stays at 1.31 the overclock voltage. Anyone know how to get the voltage to step down?
Have tried enabling c states, but no go?????

Mark

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom