***OcUK FIRST - OCZ Vertex 3 Available to Pre-Order!***

Associate
This is probably the first time i've pre-ordered anything computer related from anywhere as the inflated prices of new products normally put me off. But if this experience is anything to go by I don't think I will bother again! Thanks for the update though Gibbo.

But I still can't wait to get my Vertex 3, should be a great drive.

OcUK Staff
As regards to allocation on the first batch, we cannot confirm which customers definitely have these drives yet who have ordered already, until the stock arrives. Please just keep your eyes out here for the latest updates on these drives. :)

Associate
Macbook Pro OptiBay options

I have a 13" 2011 MacBook Pro and just installed a MaxConnect optical drive replacement. Only the HD bay has a SATA III connection, so my spinning HD has been put in there. This means I can stick my on-order Vertex 3 into the HD bay.

Hi jammmet, I'm debating whether or not to get a V2 or V3 for my new 2011 Macbook Pro, and see that various types of OptiBays/Data Doublers exist to replace the ODD with a second hard drive.

Can I ask how much you ended up paying for your "MaxConnect optical drive replacement" because you linked to a US website and I imagine postage and import tax would be high to the UK.

Cheers!

Associate
The kit was $115 including shipping and the superdrive casing. For some reason, I didn't have to pay any import duty. There are other products - the Optibay and the Data Doubler (which is pretty much identical to the MaxConnect). The internals of the new Macbook Pros have obviously changed a little and the installation instructions hadn't been updated. This meant I had to work things out as I went along but it ended up being quite straightforward.

If I were you, I'd definitely go for the v3. Check out the Toms' Hardware review of the new crop of SSDs. The v3 bests them all and then some, including the new Crucial M400.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hello Guys, can we have an update on the Vertex 3 units received ?

Hi there

Spoke to OCZ this morning!

Good news is we now have a lot more stock coming, infact we now have 90% of the stock that was coming for the UK. :)

Further good news is everyone who pre-ordered a Vertex 3 120GB before March 31st will get their order, so thats everybody bar 3-4 customers.

Even better news is we have 240GB drives spare and all backorders will be fulfilled.

The bad news is I asked OCZ for an ETA as when will they arrive with me, the response been they are on the way, it appears they will be arriving today if were lucky but most likely Monday.

Back
Top Bottom