** OcUK & GALAX COLLABORATION: INFINITY BECOMES REALITY, THE BEST 970 ON THE MARKET!! **

OcUK Staff
OP
I really do hope that they increase it to 3yr as that'll show their confidence in their own products much more :)

That's how we think about it, but for them they don't realise that, that is where I have to try and convince them otherwise, being trying convince Sapphire of this for years.

The response is always the same, our products are of the highest quality and we are the no.1 most largest partner, we do not need to change our warranty term.

Once can hope they will give in eventually and realise that in the UK and Europe the consumer does see it as a vote of confidence. It is just trying to make them realise this.

You see Sapphire, Galax are not companies big on marketing, they are more engineering focused and building great product. But they completely fail at the marketing end and hence the 2yr warranty. Going to 3yr warranty will really cost them nothing but win them more market share in the end making them more money, but I've said it until I am blue in the face now for years, particular with Sapphire. One day they will give in!

Soldato
^ Exactly that's my thinking too! Let's hope that they increase their warranty sooner rather than later, as it'll only increase sales for them and they will be able to compete with other vendors who have better warranties.

Gutted I only just received my card 5 minutes ago and noticed it's cheaper

Nice, just got a a price match refund

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
^ Exactly that's my thinking too! Let's hope that they increase their warranty sooner rather than later, as it'll only increase sales for them and they will be able to compete with other vendors who have better warranties.

Nice, just got a a price match refund

Good to hear.

I just actually tried to make my Galax Infinity whine, and I succeeded, but my head needed to be against the card and with the fans all off, so complete silence.

I used these settings:

Try this.
Heaven 3.0 or 4.0
720P res
Tessalation/AA/AAAF all OFF or minimum

Absolute lowest settings. Will be 400-600fps region.

Also power the card via one rail.

This should cause any card to whine, doing this even made my Galax Infinity whine, though only audible with my head next to the card and the fans off. But literally after ten minutes all the whine was gone, card warm etc. Oh and don't do what I did which was to burn my ear on the heatpipe, lol!

So doing the above can help bed a card in and eliminate the whine for sure.

Then once done, power the card via two separate rails, benchmark at normal settings, 1080P, normal/high details and you should be whine free on most cards apart from the worse offenders. :)

So you can make them whine if you try hard enough but saying that the card is still running now on the above settings from a single rail and now the whine has completely diminished after like ten minutes of looping. :)

I shall re-test it in the morning when the card is cold to also see if inductors make more noise from cold, kind of just like an engine, always louder until upto operating temperature. :)

Associate
pqjTwg

Hi all, this is my first post as forum member but after finding these forums useful i thought i might be able to offer my thoughts on the infinity silent gtx 970.i purchased two last week and proceeded to build my new system(hopefully pic is inserted into post).upgraded from single gtx 780 phantom which is by no means a slow or noisy card ( so maybe not such a big upgrade!) so the last two days have been spent benchmarking and gaming and i am very pleased with these cards, running sli top card has not seen above 65 deg and bottom card averages 5-8 degs lower (780 phantom 74 degs full load), boosts up tp 1366 mhz out the box, to sum up i highly recommend these cards, btw games that i play that dont use sli are still running 10-15% faster then gtx 780 phantom, and is very quiet, oh and the coil whine? what coil whine, not here so big thanks to overclockers for getting these cards to market.

OcUK Staff
OP
Does it on anything I play, noticed it straight away on firestrike extreme run.
Using a Antec 750W Trupower, Should I be looking at a better psu then?
Its not as bad as the Inno 3d that was awful, but the strix was a lot quieter than this.
Don't think I'll be bothering to send it back though, can't be bothered with the hassle of changing a card for the 3rd time and being card less again.

Antec is a great unit. Set it on Heaven as per my suggestion whilst you have dinner or are not on the PC, see if it calms down. If not we will swap it out for you no issue and cover you shipping cost or can have it collected for you. :)

Associate
pqjTwg

Hi all, this is my first post as forum member but after finding these forums useful i thought i might be able to offer my thoughts on the infinity silent gtx 970.i purchased two last week and proceeded to build my new system(hopefully pic is inserted into post).upgraded from single gtx 780 phantom which is by no means a slow or noisy card ( so maybe not such a big upgrade!) so the last two days have been spent benchmarking and gaming and i am very pleased with these cards, running sli top card has not seen above 65 deg and bottom card averages 5-8 degs lower (780 phantom 74 degs full load), boosts up tp 1366 mhz out the box, to sum up i highly recommend these cards, btw games that i play that dont use sli are still running 10-15% faster then gtx 780 phantom, and is very quiet, oh and the coil whine? what coil whine, not here so big thanks to overclockers for getting these cards to market.

Welcome to OCUK, enjoy your stay! :D

Also I decided to test it for coil whine against Rome 2: Total War. I tried that because my 2 580's cried like there was no tomorrow on the main game menu for that game. Not a sound throughout all aspects of the game, and any others ive tried so far (FarCry 4, Rome 2 and Dragon Age Inquisition so far! Looking good!)

OcUK Staff
OP
Cheers, will see what they have to say tomorrow!
Quick question, one of my fans is constantly spinning while idling. Is that normal? Both kick in once gaming or benching, just curious why one is constantly spinning!

Yes idle mode is one fan spins. :)

Associate
No 3 year warranty = no sale, the more people who have that stance, the sooner the message will hit home.

It is pointless asking for something then wimping out and buying anyway as they will see no need to improve the warranty.

As said, 5 year warranties are out there, this is not a boycott just a reasonable expectation.

OCUK continue to "partner" Galax, I guess if people are buying them they have no reason to stop that either.

OcUK Staff
OP
No 3 year warranty = no sale, the more people who have that stance, the sooner the message will hit home.

It is pointless asking for something then wimping out and buying anyway as they will see no need to improve the warranty.

As said, 5 year warranties are out there, this is not a boycott just a reasonable expectation.

OCUK continue to "partner" Galax, I guess if people are buying them they have no reason to stop that either.

Galax is our business partner, meet our demands or we drop you, yes that works really well. How's your business?

There are ways to conduct yourself in business and making demands or threats is not one of them. They know what I'd like for our customers and ideally for whole of Europe but the end decision is with them, giving them a threat would get nowhere!

For your information were selling more Galax than both Asus or Gigabyte, so whereas the warranty is important for many it's not a deal breaker.

Soldato
This is why I wondered about the possibility of an extra years OCUK warranty on top of the 2 year manufacturers warranty.
I doubt you would have many (any?) cards back in that year, so costs would be negligible, but more people would buy I reckon.

Associate
Galax is our business partner, meet our demands or we drop you, yes that works really well. How's your business?

There are ways to conduct yourself in business and making demands or threats is not one of them. They know what I'd like for our customers and ideally for whole of Europe but the end decision is with them, giving them a threat would get nowhere!

For your information were selling more Galax than both Asus or Gigabyte, so whereas the warranty is important for many it's not a deal breaker.

That was my point, you have partnered them with a "shorter warranty", that means it is the customer, not you that will now have to decide. If people keep buying the 2 year warranty product over the 3 or 5 year options then they will never need to change.

I understand you have a investment in the partnership which you took out knowing the terms. No one can with retrospect change a contract without clauses.

Associate
Just a update, after playing csgo for a couple hours last night my whine seems to have now disappeared! Pretty happy with this card now.
Out of curiosity what are peoples asic readings like on this card? Mines 65% not tried overclockong this one yet and probably won't until games struggle but it doesn't leave me with much faith that it will clock well

OcUK Staff
OP
Just a update, after playing csgo for a couple hours last night my whine seems to have now disappeared! Pretty happy with this card now.
Out of curiosity what are peoples asic readings like on this card? Mines 65% not tried overclockong this one yet and probably won't until games struggle but it doesn't leave me with much faith that it will clock well

ASIC quality tends to bear little on overclocking.

In my testing higher ASIC quality means it boost higher automatically, so a good ASIC card might boost by itself to say 1420MHz whereas a poorer ASIC quality might boost to around 1365MHz, which is still higher than the speeds we advertise. :)

I've had 65% cards overclock better than 80% cards.............

Back
Top Bottom