• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
Ben @ EVGA

I understand you're making two FTW's (OC and DT) - is the DT due to you not being able to hit the guaranteed clocks on the OC version? Could be the reason why the FTW's have taken so long to produce?

I went with the FTW as it suits my colour scheme in my case, I wouldn't want a red & black card in a white & black build personally :p

From Jacob: EVGA forums

The new GTX 1080 SKU you will see availability on very soon, it is identical to the FTW card, 10 phase, RGB, etc, only difference is the clockspeeds. This card will have reference clocks:

On why new model

All SC and FTW cards are strenuously tested in order to ensure they can meet the advertised frequency. Not all cards can, but in a lot of cases, they can still overclock fine or even great, because we also test base frequency under certain intense situations, even though under boost clock scenarios it may overclock really high or perhaps even to the same level as standard FTW. In other scenarios they may have been on the absolute edge of meeting it.

The FTW still has the benefits of RGB lighting, 10 power phases, dual BIOS, etc. And of course, it is also at a lower price than the standard FTW part.
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6284-KR

Associate
[Damien];29723307 said:
Giving serious thought to swapping my FTW for an MSI Gaming X now I know they're in stock. My last few cards have all been MSI and I've been pretty happy with them.

I've always been happy with MSI. Had loads of motherboards and graphic cards from them over the years, they've all been top notch quality.

Associate
No. :(
EVGA have only ever shipped us 50pc SC so far on custom 1080, we have had no further shipments of custom cards from EVGA since this on 1080 custom design.
50pc FTW arrive middle of next week, fingers crossed, but we have around 300ish sold, though it was originally 500+ but a lot of customers changed their orders. :(

Thanks for the reply Gibbo top man. 300 orders and only 50 coming in, EVGA killing us with the wait aha. Want to place an order but with the uncertainty of when they come in is making it difficult. Its the last component i need for my build too :eek:

Associate
Did not say it was his fault, it is very nice he is here and posting.

I was commenting on his analogy that's all, his company slipped up in Europe as has been posted and is easy to see.

Back
Top Bottom