• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Yeah a little bit. It has the reference clocks, but can be OC. I can see why most are waiting for the OC model.

Well maybe the reason its not an OC model is because ASUS found it didn't OC to the level required level to be a OC version so its just the standard one. If they can't OC it reliably maybe the user won't be able to either.

Associate
I'd have jumped onto the Gaming X today but it costs £20 more than my pre order price of £659.99 which in Euro was 844 at the time and the price in Euro today for the gaming x is €812 euro! So I have to pay more for something that costs less!

Last edited:
Associate
For those of you waiting for Inno3D X3, I have some bad news.
They only received 5 units of X3, so it's likely that if you don't have dispatch confirmation yet, you won't get it. I ordered of 1 of June and I was 11th in queue on Wednesday.

Associate
Literally is a battle of the pre orders atm.

Have a strix top end on pre order with a competitor at £597.
A evga ftw on pre order with competitor at £580 and one with ocuk at £608.

Whoever gets it out to me first is the winner :).

Soldato
What is this with the FTW DT and the FTW normal (OC) edition? I am guessing everyone who pre ordered is getting the FTW OC edition? Are the FTW OC now binned chips and the FTW DT are not?

Associate
The price of the standard strix is a joke, its boost clock is lower then its OC'd brothers base clock and that's only 16 quid dearer. Both are overpriced.

Soldato
What is this with the FTW DT and the FTW normal (OC) edition? I am guessing everyone who pre ordered is getting the FTW OC edition? Are the FTW OC now binned chips and the FTW DT are not?
They're both "binned" as such, but the chips in the lower-priced model are the ones that failed the process and weren't stable enough to run the FTW's factory overclock. Hence they're being repurposed into a cheaper model at stock clocks. You'll get the OC model if that's what you ordered of course.

Back
Top Bottom