• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Gigabyte looking after the competition before OCUK, what gives? Shame they are charging an absurd price for the xtreme or I'd had bought one and cancelled here.

Soldato
EVGA FTW should be arriving in the next few days... this bad launch will be finally improving!

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Gigabyte looking after the competition before OCUK, what gives? Shame they are charging an absurd price for the xtreme or I'd had bought one and cancelled here.

Gigabyte shipped us Waterforce and Extreme Premier pack and more G1 on 1080, unfortunately it seems our shipment was short as arrived last week, so either stolen by couriers or the rest will be delivered later or tomorrow. This is now being investigated with couriers.

Asus still no response and still pushing them.

Associate
Gigabyte shipped us Waterforce and Extreme Premier pack and more G1 on 1080, unfortunately it seems our shipment was short as arrived last week, so either stolen by couriers or the rest will be delivered later or tomorrow. This is now being investigated with couriers.

But what about the standard xtreme? They have it in stock, OCUK don't.

Associate
Indeed. I've been told that the PP is due this week, but the regular Xtremes have no ETA and will be "at least" a few weeks

With the extremes is it just the waterforce and Premier pack? Are you expecting any normal extremes?

But not good if it was stolen by the couriers. :(

Associate
I was on the same boat. Ordered EVGA 1080 Hybrid on release. Last week i had enough, bought an EVGA FE and custom loop (including EK block) total came to just over £800. I am now running at 2.15Ghz, 45c at load and crushing Doom/Fallout 4 @ 4k in near complete silence. I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Granted its cost me £150 more than the Hybrid, but i have a custom system i can now look at adding my CPU to, a FULL COVER waterblock (hybrid aio only covers gpu) and a larger rad meaning my fans barely ever need to come on.

EVGA cheesed me off with lack of updated on hybrid but i stuck with them on FE as their support in their forums/twitter have ALWAYS responded ASAP.

Glad to hear I made the right move :D, personally I picked the Gigabyte because it was £36 cheaper and the warranty is right up there with EVGA since they have a UK base for RMA's. Hopefully when I put the blocks on in a few months time I'll be getting similar (or better :p) results! Ended up costing me £200 more, but all ek parts (apart from the rad) is costly, but it's nice to have the flexibility with the loop as well which the aio would not provide. I almost bought the MSI 1070 EK Sea Hawk and did a full loop, until I realised this was a far better plan at the same price!

EVGA will have lost £1000's on the Hybrid alone. The only downside for me is the single 8pin cable, which still looks lonely! ;)

Associate
Does Gigabyte get more money for each standard 1080 Xtreme from competitors ?
It seems it''s in stock there but much more expensive.
Unless it''s also PP but they just forgot to add info.

Gibbo, do you have good or any relationship with guys at Gigabyte to find out please ?

Associate

Disgraceful from such a big company.

I'm guessing they see how many opt'ed for the £619 pre order and now the price has significantly risen, they are trying to dwindle those numbers down.

Supply issues my backside, they've had over a month to sort this crap out.

Associate
Roll on the 22nd July for the classified:D or am i wishful thinking.:(

Very much wishful thinking I reckon.

Several times this has been asked and not a squeek from those who should have more of an idea, does not smell good. Going by very real situation with FTW I cannot see the classy appearing until late August earliest. Would happily be proven wrong.

Soldato
Gave up with my Strix order and now ordering MSI Gaming X from a competitor.

I'm quite likely to jump ship too if I don't get one on the next shipment. If I get a DOA, how many months will I wait for a replacement? I have lost complete faith in asus because there are clearly issues with these cards and we may get very bad rushed products. I will be scrutinising mine if it ever turns up and it's going back if there are any issues. Didn't wait this long for a crap £620+ product.

Let's be real here, the Strix really isn't anything special. We pre-ordered it before we knew that they all basically clock the same. The fans are likely to be louder than competitors as well and it's only a 2 year warranty (like most of them).

There are few reasons to hang on to this pre-order other than that we got it cheaper than the disgusting price that it's at now. I've been looking at upgrading my CPU to and it's certainly not going to be an ASUS mobo.

Last edited:
Associate
No they will just turn round and say you got a great deal buying it when it was at a lower price a month ago than what it is priced at now ...

WOW gee thx

That's literally true though. Nothing stopping you from shifting your order to a competitor or founder's edition.

Soldato
I'm quite likely to jump ship too if I don't get one on the next shipment. If I get a DOA, how many months will I wait for a replacement? I have lost complete faith in asus because there are clearly issues with these cards and we may get very bad rushed products. I will be scrutinising mine if it turns up and it's going back if there are any issues. Didn't wait this long for a crap £620+ product.

Let's be real here, the Strix really isn't anything special. We pre-ordered it before we knew that they all basically clock the same. The fans are likely to be louder than competitors as well and it's only a 2 year warranty (like most of them).

There are few reasons to hang on to this pre-order other than that we got it cheaper than the disgusting price that it's at now.

Yeah it is pretty disgusting how all retailers have hiked prices but that is the sad fact of them being in such short supply.

The main reason I jumped is sheer frustration at the lack of information and constantly shifting pre-order dates. I'm also suspicious too that the pre-order price of £619.99 was a mistake that someone made. Maybe this is just paranoia on my part.

I bought a whole new PC to slot my 1080s in, and waiting for the Asus is just ridiculous. You're right they're nothing special given the similarity in clock speeds. However, I did notice (just after cancelling my order...) that the Asus software can put the cards into silent mode - however at a compromise to clock speed.

Back
Top Bottom