• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Wow two and half months on and Asus can only supply 12 cards to ocuk.

Shocking.

Is that the first new OC cards delivered to OCUK since the missing 33 eventually turned up?

I was number 36 in the queue when we got word that the 33 had been found. I actually cancelled as soon as I heard that. I no longer wanted to reward Asus for their incompetence but Murphy's Law dictated that no sooner had I decided that I no longer wanted a Strix of any description, as sure as the sky is blue, other cancellations would actually move me into the 33 zone and I'd get a shipping notice for the card. So I imediately cancelled and order the Palit Super Jetstream. I am immensely pleased with the card for a number of reasons. Its incredibly quiet, no coil whine, boosts to 1980mhz without any overclocking on my part yet, its a more understated aesthetic which is what I want. One of the main reasons I initially ordered the Strix was because it was the most understated of the 1080's. (I had initially ruled out the Palits and Gainwards etc thinking they would be lesser quality given the prices. Silly Me!) Was all set to go eVGA based on their 980 cooler designs until I saw the new design of their 1080's. The only change I'll make to the Jetstream is I'm goping to unscrew the brushed aluminium detail and plastidip it white to tie in the card with the rest of the case (Black and White)

If this 12 coming tomorrow is the first lot of OC's since the lost 33 then I'd have been receiving the card about 80 days after pre-ordering. Thank god I cancelled a fortnight ago. What a farce.

After painfully staring at an Oculus Rift box I received on May 28th, I was finally able to lose my VRginity 2 months later than expected when I received my Super Jetstream. Its been so worth the wait. Elite Dangerous with a GTX1080 with everything maxed out in VR with chair mounted HOTAS has been epic!

Last edited:
Hi there

200+ Asus 1080 Gamer Advanced arrived today. :)
10pc KFA2 1080 EX OC arrived
10pc KFA2 1080 HOF arrived
10pc EVGA 1080 Classified arrived

100 more Zotac 1080 AMP extreme arrived.

:)

Hi there

200+ Asus 1080 Gamer Advanced arrived today. :)
10pc KFA2 1080 EX OC arrived
10pc KFA2 1080 HOF arrived
10pc EVGA 1080 Classified arrived

100 more Zotac 1080 AMP extreme arrived.

:)

I checked my emails everyday for 2 months, I suddenly became religious praying for that email that said your delivery has been shipped. I checked this morning and no email was received.

Soons I saw your post I rapidly checked my email and BOOOOOOOOM!!!! YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN SHIPPED!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This has been a long ass journey but the wait is over!!! 1080 HOF en route!

Got to love parcelforce, picked my faulty gigabyte card up yesterday for delivery today and its only now reaching the hub, thats on the 24 hour service... :rolleyes:

Driver must have been too busy playing pokemon go ffs.

Apparently it's in two weeks they hope. I got told I'm 7th in line for the next batch but they don't know how many they are gonna get.

What actually is the difference between the FTW and Classified apart from the £110 pound difference will be putting card under water and debating between these two. I believe EK have said they will do a block for both.

Hi Gibbo, my Asus Strix OC was shipped today but I wasn't in the house and have no note (honestly wasn't expecting it in august!). I thought we were meant to receive text messages telling us when they come? I always used to get one.

Trying to use the consignment number but getting nothing. Does the shipping email mean they should have arrived today or they will arrive tomorrow?

Thanks. Glad you guys finally managed to get some!

:EDIT:

Ah gotta wait 24 hours for tracking to work. I probably missed it. At least it's around somewhere!

Last edited:
Apparently it's in two weeks they hope. I got told I'm 7th in line for the next batch but they don't know how many they are gonna get.

:(:(

I have taken two weeks off from sunday, so i get the card once i am back at work, can't believe EVGA only sent 10 cards today, not worth a carrot really, it's a pure shambles, supply and demand lol.

Mumbo - shipped today means receive tomorrow, they only just got them, they don't use Trekkie Transporters.

Should get email from DPD in morning with delivery time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom