• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Just jumped ship from the Asus Strix OC to the Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH. By all accounts its a better card anyhow thanks to its cooler. A little bit grumpy about paying to upgrade to what was a cheaper card back when I ordered the Strix in May but still a lesson learned. Not impressed by ASUS this time round, especially that 1000 cards coming tweet that turned out to be 1070's and non OC versions so would rather my money went elsewhere. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Associate
Just jumped ship from the Asus Strix OC to the Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH. By all accounts its a better card anyhow thanks to its cooler. A little bit grumpy about paying to upgrade to what was a cheaper card back when I ordered the Strix in May but still a lesson learned. Not impressed by ASUS this time round, especially that 1000 cards coming tweet that turned out to be 1070's and non OC versions so would rather my money went elsewhere. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

I feel your pain. you must have been high in the queue to jump ship !!
As for me i'm sitting at 24 can"t back out now.

Associate
Ahem...

IMG_0680_zpsw9fzgt2p.jpg

Had to do some quick bends to remove the 980Ti from my loop while I wait for the blocks to be released... But they're in. Bridge arriving in a few days to replace the sexy brown ribbons.

On the plus side my CPU is now enjoying 720mm of radiator all to itself.

wow i cant even get one of them cards let alone two of them. how do people get these cards as ive been waiting since the release day and still not here. at this rate we will have the next gen of cards in before i get my pre ordered card :/

Associate
I regret many of my 1080 purchasing decisions such as not paying a bit more as I didn't think I'd need to, or swapping it when the prices were still cheap. My work mate ordered one on Monday and should have it by now, where as I put my order in a month and a half ago and I'm still waiting.

Fed up with this whole bloody ordeal now.

I literally cant swap as case is too small for literally most of the ones that have stock also paid 689 for the sea hawk literally no point in swapping to a card that costs as much without the hybrid bit.

It was a bit irresponsible on behalf of all retailers and manufactures to carry on taking preorders when they pretty much know when they are shipping cards out.

For any business unaware of numbers made on the production line and when those goods are going out i find hard to believe.

they know they just dont want us to know in case people cancel or go to another brand

Man of Honour
I wonder what the chance is of them cancelling your pre-orders and refundunding you because they wont be able to afford to get the cards at the old price they sold them at and will end up making a huge loss if they have to fulfil all the pre-orders.

Associate
I wonder what the chance is of them cancelling your pre-orders and refundunding you because they wont be able to afford to get the cards at the old price they sold them at and will end up making a huge loss if they have to fulfil all the pre-orders.

if they are not going to sell me the evga ftw at the price that was listed when i ordered it they best ****ing tell me now and not do what another site did and swap the product for a lesser card and not tell me about

Associate

that's not going to happen, Gibbo has already said that all pre-orders will be honored and so far they have. No need to panic.

Associate
Any further update would be nice, I don't want to keep pestering your support team with queue requests. Though I think we're pestering you more at this point :)

I was feeling guilty about bothering the CS team with queue requests, but then I thought **** it.... They've had £600 of my money for over a month and I have nothing yet. Not that I don't appreciate their excellent service. I don't hold anything against OCUK or EVGA for how this has gone down.

Back
Top Bottom