OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

alcohol will lower test production and help eostrogen production (bad if you want muscle, great if you want man boobs).

you say you are a 38" waist but feel that you are fat, thats quite shocking. do you do what a lot of fat men do when buying clothes (have the waist under the belly rather than around the waist, this drops inches).

Nice excuse.

Yea im sure it will just happen randomly.

No-one needs to take protein shakes, maybe you should do a bit more research into diets. And as for dedication, if you want to get anywhere, thats 1 thing you're gonna need..

And? Since when is drinking milk compulsory?

That sounds more like it..a ray of hope..
I'll definitely try squats etc, but I'd rather not have the risk of a serious injury without a spotter, so I don't want to use too high weights. Would using the smith machine be a better idea do you reckon?

I'll try eat more, but my dedication I'll admit is not top notch, since I'm only really there to get a little stronger and as something to spend a few hours a week on :o I quite enjoy it, so while I'm at uni I'll try eat larger meals, but I don't see the point in hassling my parents for the next month over it.

But anyway, squats are the way forward? And are these plyometric press-ups worth doing? I can do about 5 reps (press-jump up to a tyre each side of my hands, then press jump down = 1 rep).

Georges: you have added some definiton and a bit of muscle mass, but you really need to eat shed loads more and train a lot harder to start seeing bigger results. 3 months isn't going to reveal much really. How old are you? How tall are you? You do have a slight frame it might take you a lot ot bulk up but you do need to eat shed loads more. However you do seem to have tightened up in the 3 months which is good.

My weight and measurements went down for a while, where I basically lost most of the fat on my body despite being skinny anyway, but has since gone back up to the same size measurements and up from 72-3kg(iirc) to 74kg, with similar, if not less fat.

I'm 18, a bit under 6ft.

Last edited:
Ill get some proper pictures but for now here's my most recent, in full on pose mode..

da003.jpg

Been training for about a year, properly.

alcohol will lower test production and help eostrogen production (bad if you want muscle, great if you want man boobs).

you say you are a 38" waist but feel that you are fat, thats quite shocking. do you do what a lot of fat men do when buying clothes (have the waist under the belly rather than around the waist, this drops inches).

no way on this planet is he 20st with a 38in waist, hed be frickin ronnie coleman! im a big enuff lad and when i kicked off training i was 17.5st with a 44in waist.

Loowi - take a tape measure, loop it around your waist let the gut hang completley, measure. Cry. Seriously though i ALWAYS though "jeez i dont look as fat as i should" but wait till you try and lose it im 17 months on and still higher BF than id like.

Yabsley - look at him ffs you think over eating will make him fat overnight? i sincerely doubt hes lean due to dieting and starvation. He's an ectomorph, he MUST eat!

no way on this planet is he 20st with a 38in waist, hed be frickin ronnie coleman! im a big enuff lad and when i kicked off training i was 17.5st with a 44in waist.

Loowi - take a tape measure, loop it around your waist let the gut hang completley, measure. Cry. Seriously though i ALWAYS though "jeez i dont look as fat as i should" but wait till you try and lose it im 17 months on and still higher BF than id like.

Yabsley - look at him ffs you think over eating will make him fat overnight? i sincerely doubt hes lean due to dieting and starvation. He's an ectomorph, he MUST eat!

Thats a little wrong tbh, im currently just over 20st and could wear 40" waist (infact ive got a pair of combat shorts from next that are 40" waist and they arent known for being big on their sizes) if the legs were also larger.
With some positive thinking and some cardio, i could be down to a 38" waist in a couple of months while going no less than 48" chest.

Thats a nice wide back :]
Not looking as thick through the chain though, do you deadlift / do heavy rows much?

Cheers!

Have never done deadlifts in my life - have been on exrx but it looks the sort of excersise I'd rather an instructor run through with me (which reminds me I need to book that up!!) rather than attempt it alone! I've also just come through a cruciate rupture in my knee so deadlifts weren't the best thing to be trying lol

Used to row but haven't done for a while - I need to get that going again!!

What bit do you mean when you say through the chain?

essentially the centre area of your back, about middle to bottom, all the way down to hamstrings and calves. deadlifts are great for building this area.

when i mentioned rows, i didnt mean rowing, just doing rows with weight, say barbell rows / t-bars etc to work the middle of the upper back

can appreciate getting someone to check on your form and talk you through deadlifts, 1 tip, start with a low weight and build up slowly, form is the key :]

essentially the centre area of your back, about middle to bottom, all the way down to hamstrings and calves. deadlifts are great for building this area.

when i mentioned rows, i didnt mean rowing, just doing rows with weight, say barbell rows / t-bars etc to work the middle of the upper back

can appreciate getting someone to check on your form and talk you through deadlifts, 1 tip, start with a low weight and build up slowly, form is the key :]

A ha !

Yeah get what you meant about rowing! I particularly hate the rowing machine - I prefer to do something like this - http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/CBSeatedRow.html

Thats a little wrong tbh, im currently just over 20st and could wear 40" waist (infact ive got a pair of combat shorts from next that are 40" waist and they arent known for being big on their sizes) if the legs were also larger.
With some positive thinking and some cardio, i could be down to a 38" waist in a couple of months while going no less than 48" chest.

You mis interpreted me. When i started bodybuilding i had a 44in waist but i wore 38in trousers. What i was saying to this guy is that your 'true' waist is a relaxed gut. Right now i fit in 32" trousers but im a 36" waist. The point being that while you might think "cool i only need to lose a few inches" the reality is different. Lets not forget my chest is 48"+ too so i consider i carry weight quite well at 6'2

well, I've started going for a 30min swim after the gym, which really seems to sort my muscles out fatigue wise.

I've also been eating **** loads for the last few days.. Large lunch(chicken) for lunch, Lasagne (tea) and just had 3 tuna sandwiches(started getting hungry lots).

I've also been eating **** loads for the last few days.. Large lunch(chicken) for lunch, Lasagne (tea) and just had 3 tuna sandwiches(started getting hungry lots).

Thats a good thing. I've been to the gym having not eaten properly, and it just leaves me with no endurance or any 'oomph' to get the last few reps out on sets. Also get tired in half the time and start to feel sick too. So make sure you keep eating, leave some time to exercise though ;)

I'm having one problem though with the free weight leg exercises (lunges, but no doubt squats too) - I can't support adequate weight :/

On the leg press I can do 180kg, and it simulates "ass to grass", with your knees ending up touching your chest nearly if you do it right.

With lunges, I found I really need at least two 30kg dumbells to stress my legs to their <8 rep range, but I can only really hold two 25s, and that is a real struggle, with my arms tiring out before my legs do.

Any solutions, or is this just a persevere with the lighter weights kinda thing?

I'm having one problem though with the free weight leg exercises (lunges, but no doubt squats too) - I can't support adequate weight :/

On the leg press I can do 180kg, and it simulates "ass to grass", with your knees ending up touching your chest nearly if you do it right.

With lunges, I found I really need at least two 30kg dumbells to stress my legs to their <8 rep range, but I can only really hold two 25s, and that is a real struggle, with my arms tiring out before my legs do.

Any solutions, or is this just a persevere with the lighter weights kinda thing?

Grip training

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459819

but I can only really hold two 25s, and that is a real struggle, with my arms tiring out before my legs do.

I did a little bit of grip training to strengthen my forearms. We had olympic 25kilo discs for the bench, but had handles on them. With my arm by my side i would extend my fingers while holding the disc and then squeeze back up into a fist. Also did this rolling a dumbell out and back in with my arm over a bench.

Maybe some straps might help if you find you can't train your arms to support the weight.

Back
Top Bottom