Bench Machine seated full stack 100kg
4 x 8 reps

Dips
4x15 reps

Tri pull-downs half stack
4x15 reps

Tri pull-downs with rope extended
4x15 reps

Twice a week cannot do incline,dumbell flys cause have frozen shoulder and torn tendon in rotor-cuff as i said op tuesday the 6 months off then hit it hard to get that 200kgs bench.

Last edited:
Soldato
I spent a year trying to lean gain which didnt happen at all. It's only in the past few months i've really eaten my butt off and started gaining proper mass (inc. fat) and i was 11 stone 6 in the summer (2009).

Can you define 'eating your butt off' please? As in ate whatever you could (whilst still keeping food fairly healthy)? x meals a day? shakes too?

Great gains btw. :)

Soldato
In Tuesday morning for OP no training for a least 6 months been advised

"Ouch" how did you injure your rotator cuff? I strained mine about 6-8 weeks ago and only recently been able to go full throttle on the iron again, six months out would break me so I can only imagine your frustration!

Good luck for Tuesday:).

Associate
Can you define 'eating your butt off' please? As in ate whatever you could (whilst still keeping food fairly healthy)? x meals a day? shakes too?

Great gains btw. :)

I tried to eat sensibly and think about it but sometimes i just wasn't able to be picky. I tried to eat every 2-3 hours, however big or small. Ended up with about 6 meals a day (breakfast, brunch, lunch, linner, dinner, evening food) totalling from about 2900kcal to about 4000kcal on some days.

I tried to include as much fruit/veg as i could to keep it healthy, and my food horizons have broadened because of that - i used to be a beans, chips, chicken nuggets kid!

Shakes are a definate for me. PWO shakes are a necessity and i sometimes have one in the morning if i have early lectures and sometimes the evening if i dont have any cottage cheese/fish for a pre-bed meal.

Soldato
I know most people will be thinking that still looks fairly ok, but to me it doesn't, and I feel like absolute ****.

I was just reading through the last few pages of this thread out of boredom, I actually had forgotten all about this post :p Funny how fast you can change your mind about things isn't it. I've lost all my visible abs now and I could be happier.
Took this earlier today to go into my monthly body photo diary (which I've kept for about two years now), pretty much totally relaxed, the mirror needs a clean though:

49717995.jpg

Definite improvement I'd say.

Soldato
Some nice progress there Mak.

You had a great lean base to start from with some good shape and a little mass. You've got cutting down to a fine art so all you need to do is monitor your nutrition & b/f levels & train smart and hard and you'll be onto a winner.

Looking 'heavy' if you get what I mean.

We all have those mood swings. Since January I've lost over an inch off my legs and half an inch off my arms, normally this would make me wan't to cry! Chest has stayed the same though and my strength has increased so my strength/weight ratio's have gone up. It's all worth while as I'm going to bulk & train like a mo fo come March 26th!

Are you still boxing mate? Going up a class?

Soldato
Are you still boxing mate? Going up a class?

Nah I can't weight train and box at the same time, lifting makes my muscles too tight the day after and I'm not the sort of person that can focus on two things at the same time >_<

I am planning to go back to it though at a higher weight yes, but the more I lift the more I love it and the further back in my mind I push my return to boxing training :p

I think I've properly been bitten by the 'bug'.

Soldato
also v good forearms

Lol, tell that to my forearms! They are the first thing to go on any exercise :(

My brother bought me some lifting gloves for my birthday, after an awkward moment I had to break it to him i couldn't really use them. He's going to return them and get me some straps instead. Result! :D

Soldato
I actually think a lot of that has to do with me consciously trying to improve my posture. I've always had a kind of round shouldered 'slump', but now I'm trying to train myself to keep my shoulders back. I've read that strengthening your back though Deads etc can help with this in the long term?

Soldato
I have to admit I just hate back work! I just can't seem to do it. Pull ups and pull downs all seem to be arm work for me, I can't seem to isolate my back - maybe because there is nothing there to isolate anyway. BOR and Deadlifts are good but they're not really improving my strength.

Soldato
For the lats to contract the back needs to be arched. Pull from your elbows and squeeze your shoulder blades together.

A friend of mine I spotted 'arming it' on pull down at 82KG. I showed him the proper technique and he could barely shift 65 ;)

I found a false grip helps significantly in reducing bicep recruitment.

Associate
Just completed 8 weeks of GVT, moving back to a classical "pyramid" now.

Gains weren't really that impressive, but learned some interesting stuff that I'll be using in my training from now on such as:

-better form
-slower negatives
-shorter training sessions due to shorter rest periods between sets.
-new definition of pain through long lasting DOMS :D

for comparrison you can look here:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=14370463&highlight=username_cristi#post14370463
it's been a while but wasn't able to train during the summer and I had come from a month off training when I started in January again.

currently 98 kg @ 6 ft 2

to be honest can't see any gains, but it's been a while since I posted pictures anyway. :D

Man of Honour
OP
The pics aren't very flattering, but you have some nice definition on your back and you seem to have cut a lot. From the pics you don't look 98kg! However you're looking more cut than in the first pics for sure, definitely better back and legs and carrying less fat on your obliques too. If you were meant to be bulking then I'm afraid you haven't, however, if you were after a cut and improving body composition then you've succeeded. :)

Back
Top Bottom