OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Supercow your chest muscles seem to be very far apart, or is that an illusion?!

I think that's the way they are, didn't realise my Moobs are weird looking :( :p

Freefaller said:
I'd increase the sessions to at least 3.

OK, thought that 2 would be too little.

Freefaller said:
Also, can you not cycle at all during the week? How about skipping or swimming? Doing some HIIT would be beneficial in between those condition sessions. Hill sprints in particular are good, but skipping is superb too.

I can try, but it really is hard when you get home @ 19:30 ish. I have’t thought of skipping, but it certainly sounds good to me… I’m not particularly keen on running

Freefaller said:
Food looks ok, do you get hungry at all? You need to make sure you eat before you start to feel hungry, it helps keep your metabolism ticking over rather than peak and trough. How much water do you drink? Do you know how many cals you're taking in?

I need to drink 2L a day and try and keep it to that, but often “forget to”. I do feel peckish now and then, if I have a “dietary discrepancy” I’ll buy a low cal snack bar such as a Kellogs thingamabop or something oat based.

Freefaller said:
I think the weight loss is very much due to you eating the same amount, or at least your diet (and by that I mean lifestyle) hasn't changed, yet the amount of exercise and activity has - so I think you're right. Are you sure you ate the same quantity before? You just need to make sure you're not changing too many variables to work out where you're going wrong.

Not sure if that’s a typo on your behalf or I didn’t make it clear – I gained a helluva lot of weight since moving into the country (6KG’s te be exact)

Freefaller said:
When doing your kettle bell training keep the rest periods to 20s-30s max. 1min is too long IMO.

I’ll try, but that was worked out for me by the trainer, based on the fact that I have never seen the inside of a gym before, nor have I did exercise on purpose. My fitness always stemmed from the fact I’m active.

Soldato
Some good mass gains there. A little bit of fat gain but a stone and a half heavier can't complain.

Lats and shoulders coming on well. Chest is better developed too.

No leg shots?

Practice your posing too as learning how to show off what you have is vital :)

Soldato
Inspired me to do a similar post..
13th June 2008 -> now
5' 11"
11.5 stone to approx 13st.

1_16.jpg
front.jpg

5_3.jpg
back.jpg

Since the back shot's not directly comparable, here's one from about a year ago (May '09) in the same pose:

4_14.jpg
legs.jpg

I'm not happy with my recent progress. However, I definitely am with my total progress!

Associate
Good change you've got a similar physique to me although I'm at just under 13st, what height are you?

I'm 5'11 and a smidge.

Some good mass gains there. A little bit of fat gain but a stone and a half heavier can't complain.

Lats and shoulders coming on well. Chest is better developed too.

No leg shots?

Practice your posing too as learning how to show off what you have is vital :)

The spotlit bathroom in the before pictures definately helped me look like i had less fat. But admitedly i have gained a fair amount of fat. I spent a year trying to lean gain which didnt happen at all. It's only in the past few months i've really eaten my butt off and started gaining proper mass (inc. fat) and i was 11 stone 6 in the summer (2009).

Leg shots - i have no 'before' so i couldnt relate them to anything. The only disappointing part are my calves. I realise they have very small growing potential compared to other muscle groups but mine just don't grow. This could partly be to my postural problems. Suffering from lordosis puts my deadlift/squat in a very odd position. The slightest move in my form puts my whole body out of whack, which is why its hard to strength train sometimes but also why i cant improve my deadlift. Hammies/glutes are completely unresponsive in that lift :mad:

Quick question too. Anyone got any recommendations for cutting bodyfat? I'm going to start concentrating on a lot more interval training and strongman work (got a tractor tyre and rope in the alley behind my house) and hopefully shed some % while maintaining my strength and muscles.
I've read into carb cycling and general low-carb diets for getting/staying lean. I tried a low/no carb diet today and it has to be said, i'm dying inside!

Soldato
Some deffinate progress there georges. especially on your back. Chest is coming along too.

Ergonomics - No/low carb diets can be good when combined with HIIT & Circuit work. It's currently what I'm doing. I also do some barbell complexes too.

I do it the day after each resistance session. Currently on a push/pull split, so every other day is 'cardio'. It seems to be working well. My diets not been as strict since changing to a full body, however a fullbody routine is more demanding areobically which means you can eat a little more and not gain fat, or manage to shed a little if you eat the same. As you're using more energy you're creating a slightly greater defecit.

Long SS cardio is hard on low carb. After the first day or 2 of no/low carb you'll get a spring back in your step and I've generally found I don't 'suddenly' get tired, it's very gradual and I can jump right up out of bed in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom