OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Permabanned
no worries m8, there are no concrete rules, just make sure that you bulk at a point where you look in the mirror and think "im looking good!", because if you dont like what you look like at your slimmest slapping on 5 or 6 lbs of muscle and twice that in fat wont make you look any better!

Good luck!

Permabanned
Overclocka = about 18-22% m8 hard to tell (you need a side photo and a frontal to get any idea) this assumes average height of 5'10

Toxic, if i remember correctly your on the shorter side, going at a geuss id say sub 15% probably 13% just above abs level. But again dont quote me on that.

Soldato
Overclocka = about 18-22% m8 hard to tell (you need a side photo and a frontal to get any idea) this assumes average height of 5'10

Toxic, if i remember correctly your on the shorter side, going at a geuss id say sub 15% probably 13% just above abs level. But again dont quote me on that.

Thanks , I'm around 6ft so not far off :)

Will get measured soon, I should really start cutting down - :)

Associate

Are you calling me a short ass:p

15%ish....Thats good...because ive certainly lost a few % in the last three weeks or so since posting...only to go on holiday next week and put it all back on again:D

Soldato
Around 3 weeks after the last one (http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=12562556&postcount=327)

Not much progress but something at least

1610081.jpg

1610082.jpg

Associate
I really am lost on what i should, and shouldnt be doing..
im only 15.. and ive been wanted to tone up a little for a while.. lately ive been doing some Dumbell exercises mon-wed-fri.. after each workout 'well laughable workout' i do 3 x 14 Crunches.. id really like to get some nice abs showing and decent bicepts.. i read for abs.. low body fat is nice but also for big arms etc etc i see people say EAT EAT EAT.. could anybody put it simple for what i **** b aiming to do?

Im about 5FT 11 and Half.. Bout 6FT id say
I weight around 9 Stone 2 Pounds to 9 Stone 5 Pounds it really varys.. also when is the best and most accurate time to weight myself?
'yes state the obvious im not all that heavy =]'
thanks Jon.

Soldato
I really am lost on what i should, and shouldnt be doing..
im only 15.. and ive been wanted to tone up a little for a while.. lately ive been doing some Dumbell exercises mon-wed-fri.. after each workout 'well laughable workout' i do 3 x 14 Crunches.. id really like to get some nice abs showing and decent bicepts.. i read for abs.. low body fat is nice but also for big arms etc etc i see people say EAT EAT EAT.. could anybody put it simple for what i **** b aiming to do?

Im about 5FT 11 and Half.. Bout 6FT id say
I weight around 9 Stone 2 Pounds to 9 Stone 5 Pounds it really varys.. also when is the best and most accurate time to weight myself?
'yes state the obvious im not all that heavy =]'
thanks Jon.

Slow down there and take it easy you're still young and have plenty of time. To get great ABS you do indeed need very low bodyfat otherwise you can do all the crunches in the world, if you have fat covering that belly no one is going to see them.

As for big arms most people will tell you need a balanced workout to cover all the muscle groups in your body, if you go to the gym just to pump your arms everyday of the week you will barely see any difference.

Oh and yeah to get big you need to eat indeed but it can't be anything. I don't mean this in an offensive way but you seem to know almost nothing about the subject so get yourself educated and give the bodybuilding sticky a good read will be a great starting point for you. Oh and I do know when you're in school you want to impress the ladies but you really have to understand that this is really quite a lifestyle change and you will have to make some sacrifices so you can't go into this with the "get my ABS in a month and get out" mentality.

Associate
Yeah, im just giving them a read now. thanks for fast reply, do you know anything about weighing? seems silly question. but i often vary in weight, is there a certain time etc its most accurate?
Ty

Soldato
Well if you want an accurate weight then I suppose just do it at the same time of the day and at the same place. Even then it may vary slightly depending on when you ate, drank etc.

Soldato
Well at your weight and height I highly doubt you would have a high body fat percentage at all. If you want to know more wiki has more information that you need, but like I said at your weight I wouldn't worry about it that much.

Permabanned
The weight loss continues, it feels like it never ends, size is down again, stomach pretty much flat now just need to chank that last bit off for definition. Getting on my nerves now. Hopefully some improvment

progress002xs2.jpg

progress005mc9.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys.. first post in this section so.. yeah anyway..

I had a bit of a health scare earlier this year where I wound up needing some emergency surgery, it was just some lymph node stuff (not cancer, phew!) but still it got me focussed on the fact I did no exercise.

So I joined the gym again after a 3 or 4 year break in June and I've been going 3 times a week and I'm getting to the level of fitness I think I can start to pick and choose how I look.

I'm about 5'10", 13st and I've always been quite stocky so I'm not especially concerned with my weight per se but I know I drink too much and that is stopping (slowly.. I like the beer too much!!).

I just want a real top line on the diet/exercises I need to to be pursuing to get rid of a gut and love handles :p

I normally do a 20 minute sprint cycle with the resistance in the mid range then about 40 minutes of weights (not free weights, lat machine/ab crunch/cable weights both pulling up and down, shoulder press (i think) and chest press thing.. sorry I don't know the names of them, leg press) and I normally do about 40kg (60kg for the legs) of these 15 reps 3 times. I've been concentrating on the weights bt I am also happy doing quite long high resistance rows but I go in the morning before work so i struggle for time. I also can't run for **** for some reason.

And I'm seeing good results in terms of muscle bulk around my shoulders/arms/lats/pecs etc but its not really shifting the gut etc and thats what I really want to get rid of.

What do I need to do? I do quite a lot of highish weight ab crunches, again 40kg+ and I can feel the difference but I think I need to lose weight.

The issue is I spend all day every day sat down either at my desk at work or driving to another desk tp have a meeting or sat at home or occasionally even asleep!

Any suggestions that could get me into a position where I would want to post myself up in here?

Last edited:
Permabanned
i'll quote that and leave the pics in, because you deserve it mate.
bloody good work fella :]
now its time to add some more mass :D

cheers m8y, means a lot to get good FB cos since i live by myself and dont have a huge social circle i have to rely on my own pessimistic opinion. Mass is definately the gameplan now, im gonna chisel off this last layer of fat just so i can hit the bulk hard.

In other news i FINALLY put 100kg up on the bench (for a double) meaning at long last i can lift bodyweight or more in the big 3 (double bw in deads). Just wanna get 100kg in the clean and jerk now, but oly lifts are a bulking goal so aim for that next.

Current stats 195lbs about 13%bf

Back
Top Bottom