OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
OP
What times do you eat? I work 8 - 5 with only a 20min lunch break and its impossible to find time to eat and having a big breakfast just makes me starve during the day. I can never understand how people can find the time to eat so much. Trying to fit in 3500 cals for me is hard, no time :(.

I have no official lunch break at all and work 10-12hr days. Yet I still eat 4/5 meals a day. It's all about preparation in the evenings so that you can eat throughout the day. I don't buy the "no time" excuse. I'm up at 5am every day, and manage the gym at least 4times a week for a good 1hr to 75min session, still have time to cook food for dinner, and the next day, and have a life. Make time - it's always possible. I hold a relatively senior management position so maybe I have the advantage of having a bit of flexibility with time, but even when I wasn't I was still able to graze throughout the day.

It's about eating the right things also - not just eating stuff for the sake of eating.

Soldato
Out of the fridge? just take it dry then add water when you want to drink it.

I meant for the milk.

Freefaller, Im not trying to make excuses or anything, its very frustrating (to put it nicely). Im taking in all this advice but I'm still a bit clueless. If I can make a shake in the morning with whey, oats and milk and it will keep for a few hours, maybe have it about 10, then thats a start.

Maybe a sandwich or something in the afternoon? I have tried this before and guaranteed everytime I go to eat it, there is someone lost, something has broken and I have to run off and sort it.

I also work part time at night at a pizza shop which really ****s up things, diet and workout but once I get back to University I will have a bit more freedom to eat.

Caporegime
You don't sound like you currently have the time to do a workout properly that will really aid you. I would forget adding weight until you are in a better position or can work things out a bit better.

Man of Honour
OP
Keep away from bread. Get some mince, some rice, pan fry the mince with some onions, herbs and spices, or whatever you want, and mix with the cooked rice in a tupperware box. Or do it with chicken or make a casserole etc... I mass make stuff and just leave it in the freezer and just bring it in with me. Or bring a couple of them in - with lots of fruit, nuts, some home made flapjacks, a shake (I buy myself a pint of milk on my way in)...

It's about planning. It is hard work mate, it requires effort and dedication and a whole change of lifestyle.

Man of Honour
OP
You don't sound like you currently have the time to do a workout properly that will really aid you. I would forget adding weight until you are in a better position or can work things out a bit better.

Good point - if you are shoving all this food into you, make sure you're expending the energy.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
FF is right, it's definately not easy. Dieting is the hardest part of bodybuilding imo. Everyone has said you need to plan, so get cracking! You don't work 7 days a week so you have atleast 2 days where you easily have enough time. The rest of the week you're going to have to spend sometime preparing food, otherwise it won't work. If you took 2 shakes and some wholemeal pasta/rice +chicken into work you'd find time to eat it. Shakes take 2 minutes and you have a small break to polish the other meal off.

Soldato
Dont worry once Im back at uni I will have 5 nights a week free, Im using time now to sort my diet out.

So if I boil some rice, cook some chicken with a little sauce, say 2 portions (thats how much I get out of the breasts I buy) I could put one in the fridge for the next day and then one in the freezer and take it out the next day for the fridge? I hope that makes sense.

I could easily buy a pint or two of milk (love the stuff) on my way in, but im just worried about how long all of this will last in just a cool place.

I should probably stop posting in this thread...

Associate
Is there a decent site that shows all exercises in video format?

I'm struggling to understand what some of these routines listed actually entail as I do not understand what the exercises are.

Also I would like it to have abbreviations as these are often being used and it's just a bit code like for outsiders. With a search function too ofcourse.

Many thanks!

I tend to use this when looking for different exercises...click on the muscle group and it gives you loads for that area:)

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

videos for each if you need them too.

Soldato
So if I boil some rice, cook some chicken with a little sauce, say 2 portions (thats how much I get out of the breasts I buy) I could put one in the fridge for the next day and then one in the freezer and take it out the next day for the fridge? I hope that makes sense.

If you're cooking 2 days at a time then just keep it in the fridge, no need to freeze. When you've cooked the rice rinse it with cold water immediately, it'll keep longer that way :)

Soldato
Are these pics people have posted taken while at rest? My body looks totally different when not at rest to shortly after a workout.

I need to know how best to improve my training regime a bit, at the moment im not too seriously into it but seeing the results, but I realise this wont happen for very long until i reach the peak for the exercises i do.

My current workout consists of 30 or so mins on the multigym doing various things with upper body, abs and legs then going for a 10 min jog as a cool down/cardio.

Im quite unfit in terms of the cardio part, I however am seeing an improvement, I live in a area with lots of steep hills so my "run" usually starts downhill a little, then mainly flat but then a steep climb to the end.

Just pointers and palces to perhaps find new exerices to look at doing with the multigym. Its a York2001 model as far as I know, not sure how vague this is.

I also use dumbells for the upper body as well at the multigym, so if there are options there for new exercised then id be interested to know.

Also, a bit of a novice at the terms for some of the exercises so perhaps in laymans terms please :)

Man of Honour
OP
Right - it'll be daft if I move the posts as they won't make much sense, but can we leave this to discussing physiques and our improvements and mild discussions on exercises, and the main diet/exercise discussions in the gym rats thread please. :)

Back
Top Bottom