OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Awesome job Rico your body is for me the perfect example of how i want to be. How long have you been working out , whats your routine and whats your favourite colour. kthnxbye.

Soldato
TANK!!

How is your training going? Lsat i recall, were you on a cut?
Training is going good thanks :) I'm exercising six days a week now and completely cut out carbs from my diet. Basically cardio through out the week and weights at the weekend, not huge weights though! I'm trying to shrink gracefully now.

Man of Honour
OP
nice bodyfat level, it isn't the physique I would personally aim for but I gotta admit that you've got some nice results there, keep up the good work.

Indeed very good maintenance of bodyfat. Personally legs, shoulders and chest need a bit of development IMO.

However, one cannot argue with the low bodyfat and general overall physique. :)

Welcome to the thread Rico. :)

Soldato
Training is going good thanks :) I'm exercising six days a week now and completely cut out carbs from my diet. Basically cardio through out the week and weights at the weekend, not huge weights though! I'm trying to shrink gracefully now.

nice :) you should post some pics eventually be great to see your progress!!!

Damn it, i can't be mirin Rico's physique, FB links are blocked at work :(

Associate
Awesome job Rico your body is for me the perfect example of how i want to be. How long have you been working out , whats your routine and whats your favourite colour. kthnxbye.

I only started working out properly again middle of last year. Had 6 weeks off this April then decided to do some lean gaining, with no cut. Thats pretty much the result, so about 5 months work there. I dont bulk easily but am lean naturally so has its good and bad points - I'll never be HUGE! Currently on a 4 day split, though when I was training to achieve the above it was a 5 day split but had to drop it down because I was in the gym far too much. Cardio was light, maybe 10-15 mins per day, and obviously nutrition was very clean eating 5-6 times a day. And my fav colour is purple ;)

Indeed very good maintenance of bodyfat. Personally legs, shoulders and chest need a bit of development IMO.

However, one cannot argue with the low bodyfat and general overall physique. :)

Welcome to the thread Rico. :)

Cheers, like I said I'm never going to get huge both for personal preference and genetics. Next years goal is a similiar physique but slightly bigger.

Damn it, i can't be mirin Rico's physique, FB links are blocked at work :(

There are a few on my PT website 2 of which I posted here - www.ab-fit.co.uk

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive been training for about over a year now my progress into weight training is progressing. Im gaining some weight i was 12stone 10 and now im 14 stone. The only problem is im starting to gain some fat around the belly and lower back. The only cardio i do is 10 mins on the crosstrainer at the start of my session. Im not sure how much cardio i should do as i dont want to start losing my weight and muscles. I just want to get rid of the bodyfat before i get too much of it.

Soldato
Whats your nutrition like? How many times a week are you weight training?

I hoped you would post :)

I train 4 times a week.
This is a typical diet of mine, heres what i had yesturday:

7:15am
Porridge with blue berries
3 scrambled eggs on two pieces of wholegrain toast
protein drink (phd pharma whey

8:15am
gym

9:10am
protein drink

9:40am
cottage cheese on two pieces of toast

12:15am
steak
potatos
cauliflower and cheese
carrots

5:45pm
pasta with tuna
prunes
mullerlight yogurt
cereal bar
grapes

8:15pm
apple
grapes
homemade flapjack with nuts and craberries
peanut butter roll

10:50pm
mackeral with two pieces of bread

Soldato
Ive been training for about over a year now my progress into weight training is progressing. Im gaining some weight i was 12stone 10 and now im 14 stone. The only problem is im starting to gain some fat around the belly and lower back. The only cardio i do is 10 mins on the crosstrainer at the start of my session. Im not sure how much cardio i should do as i dont want to start losing my weight and muscles. I just want to get rid of the bodyfat before i get too much of it.

exactly the same problem here, first places I gain ANY fat is around my belly and lower back, the rest of me looks relatively lean in comparison, it's a nightmare, I also have a real problem with t-shirts , they never sit on my back properly instead of clinging to me, they sit tight on my upper/central back, and at the bottom flare out and it looks ridiculous (probably a bit of body dysmorphia disorder i think it's called) :(

fitted t-shirts i.e. hollister/A&F that isn't a problem though (don't ya just love 'muscle' fit shirt?! haha) but with that said, you can then see the podge which makes my lower back look wide (lilchubby) removing a 'V' effect , in a lot of cases I get kinda lucky, my back is wider than the chub at the bottom so kinda hides it to a certain extent

edit: looking leannnnnnnnnnnnn RICO, nice one mate!

Last edited:
Soldato
I know you'll probaly give Rico's reply more time than mine but you're banging in quite a lot of toast. Probaly find if you drop your carbs or keep them before 5-6PM you won't hold quite so much water and your fat gains should stop.

I wouldn't worry too much though. If you're bulking and gaining muscle it's what's to be expected. Could aways drop your cabrs for 2 weeks and up your cardio to trim off a little fat/water and increase your CV fitness slightly.

Probaly have the mackerel PWO and the cottage cheese in the evening as your last meal too.

Also why the 5 hour break in your meals?

Soldato
I know you'll probaly give Rico's reply more time than mine but you're banging in quite a lot of toast. Probaly find if you drop your carbs or keep them before 5-6PM you won't hold quite so much water and your fat gains should stop.

I wouldn't worry too much though. If you're bulking and gaining muscle it's what's to be expected. Could aways drop your cabrs for 2 weeks and up your cardio to trim off a little fat/water and increase your CV fitness slightly.

Probaly have the mackerel PWO and the cottage cheese in the evening as your last meal too.

Also why the 5 hour break in your meals?

I always got time for you benny;)
So you think it could be my toast thats causing the problem, bloody sneaky ********.
The 5hr break is cause im at work and my break times are 5:45pm and 8:15pm.

Soldato
So you think it could be my toast thats causing the problem, bloody sneaky ********.

I'd be more concerned about the pieces of bread before bed, I'd just switch that meal with the cottage cheese and see how you get on for a couple of weeks. :)

Soldato
I'd be more concerned about the pieces of bread before bed, I'd just switch that meal with the cottage cheese and see how you get on for a couple of weeks. :)

How about oats before bed?

Currently on a bulk, this is the conconxion I go with(sorry to hijack);

- 200ml Greek Yoghurt (CC isn't for me..)
- 100ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 1 tblsp Peanut butter
- 50g Oats
- 1 scoop whey

blended all up, it's absolutely delicious!

Soldato

Ohhh babes.

If you could save your morning shake and pop it in around 3. Just nip to the toilet or something if it's possible.

How often do you have pasta? I tend to have it once or twice a week and on the whole keep carbs reasonably low. You can just replace any pasta/rice with mixed veg. It's dead cheap, filling and good for you.

Bread really isn't that great for you. You might find you could drop the cereal bar as it could be extra unneeded calories and isn't a particulary great source. A pitta bread might be a better option? Some humous & carrot sticks might be better and it's bloody addictive!

If you've worked out your BMR have a play with the total calorie count.

I find that my monstrous appetite sees me unable to go more than 2-3 hours tops without eating. So I split my food up and eat something usually every hour/90 minutes.

Might just be that 10-15 minutes of intervals 2-3 times a week might do the trick. Have a little experiment. As long as you're not just gaining fat are getting stronger/bigger and not piling it on very quickly then I wouldn't be worried.

You'll be suprised how much you can/need to loose when you cut. 5-6kilo fell off me straight away, almost 10 in total. 92 before 81 after. Felt very small after, looked great (imo :p). Cuttings easy business though!

Edit: TommyV, oats before bed doesn't sound like a brlliant idea. It depends on what sort of shape you're already in. They're a great low g.i carb don't get me wrong but putting carbs in and then going straight to sleep means excess energy is just stored by the body (as fat). And carbs are the most easily stored energy as fat. So it might well make the situation worse. However if you're very tired, feeling exhausted or carb cycling I don't see why you couldn't give it a shot.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ohhh babes.

If you could save your morning shake and pop it in around 3. Just nip to the toilet or something if it's possible.

How often do you have pasta? I tend to have it once or twice a week and on the whole keep carbs reasonably low. You can just replace any pasta/rice with mixed veg. It's dead cheap, filling and good for you.

Bread really isn't that great for you. You might find you could drop the cereal bar as it could be extra unneeded calories and isn't a particulary great source. A pitta bread might be a better option? Some humous & carrot sticks might be better and it's bloody addictive!

If you've worked out your BMR have a play with the total calorie count.

I find that my monstrous appetite sees me unable to go more than 2-3 hours tops without eating. So I split my food up and eat something usually every hour/90 minutes.

Might just be that 10-15 minutes of intervals 2-3 times a week might do the trick. Have a little experiment. As long as you're not just gaining fat are getting stronger/bigger and not piling it on very quickly then I wouldn't be worried.

You'll be suprised how much you can/need to loose when you cut. 5-6kilo fell off me straight away, almost 10 in total. 92 before 81 after. Felt very small after, looked great (imo :p). Cuttings easy business though!

Edit: TommyV, oats before bed doesn't sound like a brlliant idea. It depends on what sort of shape you're already in. They're a great low g.i carb don't get me wrong but putting carbs in and then going straight to sleep means excess energy is just stored by the body (as fat). And carbs are the most easily stored energy as fat. So it might well make the situation worse. However if you're very tired, feeling exhausted or carb cycling I don't see why you couldn't give it a shot.

Probably not possible to take the shake during work but i always thought it was best to have it before and after work.
pasta i have 5 times a week without fail, its either with chicken or tuna.
My BMR is BMR of 2031.48 aint a clue what it means but there you go.

Last edited:
Soldato

Cheers mate (you really should start charging by the response... lol)

legs are still feeling DOMs from tuesday, must have torn them to shreds ^^ lol

Soldato
Probably not possible to take the shake during work but i always thought it was best to have it before and after work.
pasta i have 5 times a week without fail, its either with chicken or tuna.
My BMR is BMR of 2031.48 aint a clue what it means but there you go.

Fair shout if you can't have it during work.

Might be your problem there. How much pasta are you having at a time?

I think you might find your diet is a bit too carb heavy which could be beginning to cause the extra gain. Can always just have less pasta and pack the same meal out with veg.

Cabrs make me hold quite a lot of water so I try to keep my carb intake 'controlled'.

Protein is essential really PWO. Not necesarily pre though your preWO meal you're getting 3 eggs and a bowl of porridge in which should be plenty first thing. Have a double scoop pwo if you can't have the breakfast shake in the afternoon.

Last edited:
Associate
Carbs before bed will not kill you (though I am all for keeping them generally low, depending on activity), if anything they could help you get to sleep (serotonin release etc, even the crash after blood glucose has peaked).
Your body uses energy to repair itself after training - whether it is running, body-building, power-lifting, martial arts etcetera. As long as your calories are not in excess then you are generally fine.

If you want to lose weight then being in a calorific deficit is what you should do. Putting down the fork is far more efficient than going for a run or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom