OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
First photo of 2011! Hoping to make some serious improvements over the coming year.

10491-ocukside1.jpg

Associate
Seeing this thread has made me want to start training again. i havnt done it properly in about 3 yearsm over which time i have put on about 3 stone of usless mass

Soldato
Didn't realise OCUK had so many bodybuilders!

Thought I would add some pics, be gentle :)

Christ on a bike, this is my ideal build.
Congratulation on what few of us mortals will achieve!

Cheers mate, yeh I'm glad I stayed natural, I get accused of juicing from time to time which annoys me, I think it's because I have a small bodybuilder shape as I am short and stocky. The temptation to cycle was definitely there in the beginning I will admit!

All of the guys I trained with in the beginning have all turned to steroids and even GH, a few of them are huge now and a few look like ****.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is GH ?

Associate
Growth Hormone
Also secreted naturally by the body, it is the most potent determinanat of muscle growth, staying young, etc. Using the artificial one does come with potential risks, of course.
google is your friend for further info.

Soldato
Sylvester Stallone got caught with them in Australia iirc, it was illegal over there but not anywhere else.

Taking amino acids can create a similar effect, not as potent but it does the job.

Last edited:
Soldato
Growth Hormone
Also secreted naturally by the body, it is the most potent determinanat of muscle growth, staying young, etc. Using the artificial one does come with potential risks, of course.
google is your friend for further info.

Sylvester Stallone got caught with them in Australia iirc, it was illegal over there but not anywhere else.

Taking amino acids can create a similar effect, not as potent but it does the job.

Cheers, thought as much.
I didn't know that it's used a bulking aid as such. I had a skinny housemate some time ago, that had the stuff in his fridge, but never asked him what it was ... thought it was something for a man-problem, so I didn't pry (... and thereby admitting I was the one nicking his beers from his fridge)

Last edited:
Soldato
Nitram100,

I really think you could go into competition - because of your discipline and your results.

I've got a long road ahead myself.

I took a few pictures and tried to like what I saw enough to put up on here, but I couldn't.

However, I did start on the cottage cheese last night and took 5x egg whites this morning. I'm going to stick with this meal plan for the next month or so to see what happens.

Doing my Chest & Back today so I'm looking forwards to that tonight.

Soldato
Thanks Supercow and Gamefreak for the comments :)

Glad to hear you're getting stuck in Gamefreak501, just stick to the basics to begin with such as a good diet with lots of protein, good carbs and fats, plenty of sleep, train hard and give your muscles time to repair. If you want any advice just PM me mate.

What kind of split are you doing at the moment? I honestly don't think I could train chest and back together, I'm shattered after deadlifts, barbell rows and weighted chinups.

A good basic split that I began with was -

Mon-Chest/Triceps
Tue -Back/Biceps
Wed - Cardio
Thur - Shoulders/Traps
Fri -Legs/Abs
Sat - Rest
Sun - Cardio

If you want some more motivation, I honestly think my younger bro has made a good transformation. Here are a few pics of him, we both started training together 5 years ago, he is natural aswell and follows pretty much the same diet and training routine. He bulks and then cuts aswell, this is him a bit bulkier than usual. The first pic is about 5 years ago and 2nd is a couple of months back i reckon. He is a ****er becuase he has much better traps than me and is about 5 inches taller.

uhwkF.jpg
JRIkP.jpg.png

Soldato
nitram100, very impressive mate. I am a newcomer to the gym, use to play footy a lot but always found the gym very boring in the past. I've stuck at it for a good 2-3 months now though and I am proper getting into it.

Some advice though please, as you seem to be nicely ripped. :) I'm abit late into it at 29, but I intend to stick with it now as I'm enjoying it. I've always been around 11 stones (6ft) but when I joined the gym I was heavier then I thought at ~ 11.5 stones. I am currently just a touch under 12 stones so have put on some weight which is great, I am aiming for ~ 13 stones. I have cut down massively on fizzy drinks/chocolate/crap ect and starting drinking more water, and trying to have more fruit and veg in my diet. I don't drink or smoke. Only about 2 weeks ago I also started taking a protein shake once a day.

Anyway, I need to sort out a solid routine now that I am really getting into it. I can only go on 3 fixed days atm, but how does this look:

Mon - OFF (press ups and pull ups at home lol)
Tue - OFF
Wed - Chest / Triceps
Thu - Shoulders / Biceps
Fri - OFF
Sat - Legs / Back
Sun - Footy

Don't need to do any cardio at the gym as I will be getting a good amount of exercise playing footy, but in general does the above look ok?

Also, when you do lets say, Chest, how many different Chest exercises are we talking? One thing I found personally was, if I start low and increase weights I find it harder because I'm getting tired. So I do it the opposite way, eg. I will benchpress the empty bar first to stretch and warm up, then I will put on the max I can lift and try squeeze out 5 reps. Then I will lower it by 5kg in my next set and try get 8 reps. Then again lower it by 5kg and try get another 8 reps. Then possibly one more set of 8 reps at 5kg lower again. If i did it the other way and upped it by 5kg each time, I can't get to my 'max' if you understand because by that time I am shattered lol. Good idea or bad? It's working for me tbh.

2-3 months ago I started benching for the first time and was on 40kg. I am now on 60kg. If I get to my bodyweight (~75kg) within the next 8-9 months I will be delighted!

Soldato
Hey e36Adz, glad to hear you're getting back into it mate and you're definitely not old, one of my mates is 44 with a build that puts me to shame and he started training at 36 yrs old.

Don't worry about putting a bit of fat on in the beginning due to consuming more calories, cutting fat can come later :)

If you're really looking to pack on size, I would recommend a 4 day split if you could stretch to that. The routine I posted in my post above is a perfect starting point, it's what I started on and stayed with it for about 2 years and saw great gains.

In your training routine I could not train shoulders effectively the day after chest/triceps as my triceps get used a lot in shoulders and would probably be knackered from the day before. Also no way in hell I could train legs and back in the same day if I was training them as hard as they should be.

If you absolutely have to train 3 times per week I would recommend a routine called PULL/PUSH/LEGS. Something like this ..

Pull - Day 1

Deadlift
Barbell Row
Pullups
Barbell Curls

Push - Day 2

Incline Dumbbell press
Military Press
Tricep Dips
Skullcrushers

Legs - Day 3

Squats
Stiff Legged Deadlift
Leg Extensions
Standing Calf Raise
Abs

You could try that routine, note that you should have 1 day rest in between each session, so day 1 could be Monday, Day 2 Wednesday and Day 3 Friday for example. It might not look like a lot but if you're hitting it hard, eating well and getting plenty of rest, you will gain no doubt. It's a tried and tested routine that a lot of people have gained off, there are probably a lot of guys on this forum who have used something similair.

As far as rep range/sets goes, an example, my arm session on Tuesday. I began with close grip bench press for triceps and the reps/sets were as follows.

Olympic bar 20kg warmup 20 reps
60kg x 12
80kg x 8-10
90kg x 8-10
100kg x 8

I've always liked to pyramid up my sets, like work up to a heavy lift. What you're doing are like drop sets. You could try up the weight like I do, but don't increase in 5kg increments, try 1 warm up set and 2-3 working sets of 6-8 reps to failure, which is enough to break down those muscle fibres.

Also get your diet sorted aswell if you haven't already. You grow in the kitchen not in the gym, remember that. Eat loads of chicken, pasta, tuna, oats, rice, eggs, fruit, veg and some fish like mackeral. Aim for about 1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight.

Hope that helps in some way mate, any more questions just ask :p

Soldato
I'll need to get some new pictures up. Despite losing a fair bit of wait recently due to stress, flu whatnot I'm still breaking some personal bests. It's been a whilst since I took any photos.

Soldato
Thanks for the tips there nitram100, definately a lot to think about. :) I will take some of your points and fit them into my routine. As for the 1 day rest in between gym sessions, that can't be done atm as I am only off work wed and thur so those 2 days are definite gym days for me. I will probably move legs to thur though so that chest/triceps day is not followed up by shoulders/biceps the very next day!

I don't have much body fat on me at just under 12 stones and 6ft, so I haven't been working on abs at all really, never have infact. Atm I want to increase the size of my arms/chest/shoulders/legs. I don't think I will have any difficulty getting a proper 6 pack later lol. :p

Soldato
Cheers Nitram100, you've been very helpful once again!

Your Bro has had some good results - I don't train with my Bro, he's younger than me, taller and has spent the past 2 years bulking - it's a far cry from the skinny Boy he used to be and I still am; he eats like a Monster though and is very dedicated and he's a ****** for that also!

But I don't want to Bulk an awful lot, just want lean mass and definition; like your results I would say.

3 day split is just temporary for this week, I did Biceps/Triceps Tuesday, Back and Chest Today and Saturday will be Legs and CV.

I plan to get out of bed early, and do intense sessions in the Mornings before work - I'll probably be a bit more energetic as well.

I'm thinking of doing this from next week:

Monday - Biceps & Chest
Tuesday - Triceps & Back
Wednesday - Shoulders & Traps
Thursday - Legs & Abs
Friday - Rest
Saturday - CV
Sunday - Rest

I'm thinking increasing it to 4 days will be beneficial for me and I've put the (high intensity) CV in between two rest days to allow my Legs and Abs to recuperate.

I'll post a pic in the next few days, so everyone can see what I'm starting from!

Today I've had this:

Breakfast: 1 whole egg, 4x Egg Whites, Bowl of Porridge, Glass of Orange Juice;

10:30 am meal: Bowl of Porridge + Banana, low calorie velvet crisps (a bit naughty!)

12:30 pm meal: Ham/Chicken Sandwich, Mullerice Yoghurt, Tin of Tuna in Spring Water;

15:30 meal: Bowl of Porridge + Banana;

17:30 meal: 2x Low Fat Burgers in 1 Bun; (bit naughty)

19:00 - Gym Workout

22:30 meal: Beef Mince and veg, Cottage Cheese and Mushie Peas.

I'll be adding a further protein-rich meal with Carbs from Saturday but keeping the rest as it is, Crisps I'm going to stop and replacing with mixed veg and some Fruit and the 2 low Fat burgers in Buns are a one off - I'll make sure I'm better prepared next time before I do a workout!

My diet is still in need of a bit of tweaking, but I started it on Tuesday. I've avoided all sweet things and I'm having a few Apricots and Nuts whenever I feel a little hungry, so I'll be revising it on a regular basis, I may add a further 300g tub of Cottage Cheese as well to my daily diet.

Caporegime
I'm hoping to get back into this this year...Having missed my Physio the other week I've got a new appointment later in January, so hopefully that will bring some results...

I think its ridiculous how long i've had to wait for appointments, I've no doubt done more damage to my shoulder as ive been waiting for ovewr two months now to get it seen to...Doctor thinks its fine...So why then can I click my collar bone now? :p

Back
Top Bottom