OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
That's the thing that puts me off IF slightly, I feel like poop in the morning if I don't have breakfast. I'm alright if I'm doing something that forces me to focus and be active but if I don't eat straight away after I almost feel ill.

Also I think I like food too much :). I might try it at some point, but probably not for a while, I've got a few goals to reach and don't want to have to adapt to something new while trying to get them.

Soldato
You'll have to take my word for it that you will adapt. You body will adapt very quickly to your new meal times.

I LOVE my food. I don't think I can express it enough amongst my friends things are often referred to as 'Ben sized portions' :p Ordering two mains when eating out is expected of me now!

For example my first meal today was:
1 pitta rammed full of turkey
4 scrambled eggs
1 scoop oats, 1 scoop whey
Apple.

That was at 11:45am. Due to my Jury duty I didn't get to train or eat again until just now finishing up in the gym almost 7 hours later and I don't hear a peep out of my stomach, don't crave food and don't feel hungry.

I've seen 2 scoops whey & 1 scoop oats in PWO, about to ram some BBQ pork & lots of mixed veg in followed by 2 scoops of MP Bedtime Extreme and that will see me for the day. Normally I usually have some Gammon with my eggs :) and an extra pitta with the turkey/tuna/chicken but we ran out so I just stuffed enough turkey for two into one.

Quite literally cook it all, sit it down in front of me and pig out. And the best thing is I'm pigging out and I feel very satisfied after the meal yet I haven't over eaten on my calorie intake.

Soldato
I'm using IF on a cut whereas BennyC is bulking I believe and I have to say that it's pretty much the most consistently full I've ever been on a calorie deficit. I'm not hungry during the mornings and the great thing is that I can have good sized meals when I do eat and have a nice sated feeling. I've just polished off a couple of fajitas crammed with peppers/onions/salsa and a mass of chicken breast and when I look at my macros for the day it looks like i've still got a few hundred cals spare so I'll be able to get another snack down me before the fast begins.

It's also great for adherence if you fancy a bit of a treat on a given day, because you aren't getting the usual hunger pangs it's quite easy to save up your calories for later in the day.

Soldato
To me it really is 'effortless', deffinatley not going to be stopping IF anytime soon, it's not hindering my progression at all and my HST is going well, strength going up, still hitting all my reps, not running out of energy or focus and I'm leaning out at the same time. Win/win.

Caporegime
Hmm...I cant see it being too healthy in the long run...

Although my mums boyfriend eats nothing in the morning, nothing at lunch, then will go home, have a sandwhich, then have dinner :p

Soldato
Hmm...I cant see it being too healthy in the long run...

Based on? :)

Calorie intake is the same as eating 5/6 small meals, just timing is different. It allows your organs time to shut down and your body fully recover. If you think about meal frequency and macro breakdown when we were cavemen, I think it's safe to say meal frequency would often be low and most likely high in protein/fats. Often with long periods without food, especially in winter and thousands of years later we're still here, slightly more civilised :p though some would argue!

a lot of the apprehension is from 'Bro-science' and regurgated myths. It's covered on the leangains site. I'd deffinatley recommend reading it.

I'm not knocking the 'traditional' approach to meal portions, timings and diet on the whole having used them myself since I really got keen on lifting. I'm just keen to make people aware that there are other ways which do seem to work (and compliment daily routine), extremely well, for those that have tried it.

Last edited:
Soldato
a lot of the apprehension is from 'Bro-science' and regurgated myths. It's covered on the leangains site. I'd deffinatley recommend reading it.

With all due respect the debunked myths page isn't that strong, I'm fairly confident given some time I could counter that with conflicting studies.

If this is a superior method, why don't we see any of the pro bodybuilders following something similar? Lets not forget that they are generally backed by some pretty strong nutritionists.

I'm not disputing if it does or doesn't work, but I can't see any advantage to traditional cutting apart from sounding quirky for doing something different to the norm.

Are there any studies to the long term effects of this? For example one study states (in only 8 weeks):

Significant increases in blood pressure and in total, LDL-, and HDL-cholesterol concentrations

Some cardiovascular disease risk factors, and hematologic variables
Oh, and talking about cavemen? Yeah, their life spans were excellent!

Last edited:
Associate
The only thing that bothers me a bit is that if you're supposed to go for 25% 25% 50% calorie, then that last meal would be around 1700 calories for a decently sized guy. I sincerely doubt you can asimilate all that protein/fat properly and even if you can, I doubt 1700 calorie meals are that healthy in the long term.

Which is why none of the big pros use it. If they eat 6000+ calories a day, they sure as hell don't like to have half of that in one meal.

Associate
Studies have been done which indicate that there is no real cap on the about of protein that can be absorbed in one go. I was always told it was about 40g ish but apparently what happens is that your body just slows down your digestion so that it high levels don't go to waste. It makes sense if you think about it, lions for example will eat a large kill and then maybe not eat for days after. If they could only absorb so much then something isn't right there. Obviously different animals different digestions and such but it does make some sense.

I'm not sure about other things but I would assume it was similar.

N.B thank you brother for the info :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
The SD peak for optimum protein synthesis is around 40g, however, you still synthesis more if you go over, but it's a standard deviation (SD) curve so you won't be at the peak, that's not to say you shouldn't go over 40g, however it's just info I like to share :). Of course if you take illicit substances, it boosts your protein synthesis ability, and shifts the SD curve to the right dramatically (and increases the y axis as well as broadening the SD curve - bigger area under the curve = more protein synthesis range).

Caporegime
Based on? :)

Calorie intake is the same as eating 5/6 small meals, just timing is different. It allows your organs time to shut down and your body fully recover. If you think about meal frequency and macro breakdown when we were cavemen, I think it's safe to say meal frequency would often be low and most likely high in protein/fats. Often with long periods without food, especially in winter and thousands of years later we're still here, slightly more civilised :p though some would argue!

I'm not knocking the 'traditional' approach to meal portions, timings and diet on the whole having used them myself since I really got keen on lifting. I'm just keen to make people aware that there are other ways which do seem to work (and compliment daily routine), extremely well, for those that have tried it.

Based on the fact you're not eating all day then you are (pigging out) cramming three meals down your throat in one go? :p

Yes, you're getting you're calorie intake, but meh...Just cant see it being too grand on your body (note: I say body, I could just be talking about your stomach etc) in the long run? I don't know

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Got a quick question for you all, obviously with all this weight loss is my skin be tight to my skin at any point after the last bit of belly go or will surgery be needed?

Come down from 18.9 to 15 aiming for around 13.5 since im 6'2. Wanting some decent abdominals.

Soldato
It'll depend on your skin and it's natural elasticity and if it's been stretched past the point of no return. If your weight loss is slow and steady then it could be possible for it not to sag or need removing. Rapid weightloss is usually responsible for the need for surgery.

Soldato
It'll depend on your skin and it's natural elasticity and if it's been stretched past the point of no return. If your weight loss is slow and steady then it could be possible for it not to sag or need removing. Rapid weightloss is usually responsible for the need for surgery.

Thanks Benny.

Got sick of scrabbled eggs recently been going on to fried, been using that 1cal spray oil, about 8 sprays for 2 eggs, am i missing anything or am i only adding 8cals to the overal cooking total?

Soldato
Thanks Benny.

Got sick of scrabbled eggs recently been going on to fried, been using that 1cal spray oil, about 8 sprays for 2 eggs, am i missing anything or am i only adding 8cals to the overal cooking total?

If you scroll down to 'Sean' you'll see his transformation, it doesn't state his height but i'm guesing he must be quite short and have been overweight for some time.
http://www.leangains.com/search/label/Client results

Where as if we look at Martin's transformation:

http://www.leangains.com/p/my-transformation.html

Though he was much younger and not quite so overweight. Your best bet is to probably do some research or speak to people who have completed a transformation similar to that of the one you're currently going through.

Sounds about right? I scrambled them as I prefer them this way and there's also no need for put them in anything extra :) I appreciate one could get bored of them like this though!

Soldato
Couple of updates

Start 18.9st

train3s.jpg

Now 15.2st

pic1td.jpg

pic2qa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom