OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Hi mate, are you looking to bulk or cut? Either way, I think that you've got a pretty good base to start with. If you can get going, I think you can make some really good progress :)

Soldato
Hi mate, are you looking to bulk or cut? Either way, I think that you've got a pretty good base to start with. If you can get going, I think you can make some really good progress :)

Honestly I don't really know what I want!! Would be nice to have more bulk (I'm quite bulky naturally) but then I've always dreamed of this ripped figure that you see in magazines. Not really sure how to achieve that one though. Again I think my diet comes into it.

Can I also say how helpful all of you guys are. :D (not a natural suck up)

Soldato
I'm going to throw it out there and suggest IF (Intermittent Fasting) if you're looking to drop some lbs.

Been on it now for for almost 4 weeks combined with HST training, dropped 8lbs and retained all of my strength and size, except where what and fat have been removed from the equation of course!

I wouldn't recommend HST for a beginner but the diet principles of IF I would. If you're just starting out you can expect your body composition to change over the next month or two anyhow.

Associate
I'm going to throw it out there and suggest IF (Intermittent Fasting) if you're looking to drop some lbs.

Been on it now for for almost 4 weeks combined with HST training, dropped 8lbs and retained all of my strength and size, except where what and fat have been removed from the equation of course!

I wouldn't recommend HST for a beginner but the diet principles of IF I would. If you're just starting out you can expect your body composition to change over the next month or two anyhow.

I started the Warrior Diet at the turn of the year (form of IF) to lose the holiday weight whilst retaining as much muscle as possible. I feel like its going really well so far but not in a position to take stock yet. The under eating phase doesn't bother me like i thought it would.

Typical work day:

- 6am: Get up for work, glass of water.
- 7:30am: Coffee
- Lots of water
- 10:00am: Apple
- More water
- 11:45am: gym
- 13:00pm: 2 scoops of reflex instant whey (20g protein) and 20g dried apricots
- Keep drinking the water
- 7 - 8pm: Feast!

Need to stay focused at the weekend which is hard but doable - just keep the focus.

Soldato
I started the Warrior Diet at the turn of the year (form of IF) to lose the holiday weight whilst retaining as much muscle as possible. I feel like its going really well so far but not in a position to take stock yet. The under eating phase doesn't bother me like i thought it would.

Typical work day:

- 6am: Get up for work, glass of water.
- 7:30am: Coffee
- Lots of water
- 10:00am: Apple
- More water
- 11:45am: gym
- 13:00pm: 2 scoops of reflex instant whey (20g protein) and 20g dried apricots
- Keep drinking the water
- 7 - 8pm: Feast!

Need to stay focused at the weekend which is hard but doable - just keep the focus.

God that can't be good for you or even work?

Soldato

I understand the logic behind it and i think i understand that Lean Gains website a little bit better, i think it's along the lines of that when you eat Breakfast your body should have enough energy to last till Lunch and the food intake from lunch should last until Dinner or for your workout.

Associate

You will be surprised. I came across the "Warrior Diet" on one of the body building forums and bought the book written by Ori Hofmekler, which is a good read. There is lots of material on the net.

The diet really suits my lifestyle. And I can enjoy guilt free feasting in the evening :) (obviously there are controls for best results but there is lots of freedom).

Associate
I understand the logic behind it and i think i understand that Lean Gains website a little bit better, i think it's along the lines of that when you eat Breakfast your body should have enough energy to last till Lunch and the food intake from lunch should last until Dinner or for your workout.

The Warrior Diet isn't quite like that. Effectively during the under eating phase your body is detoxing as it has the time to because it is not burdened with digesting food. The theory is that your body is using fat for fuel.

During the under eating phase you can have a couple of pieces of fruit and maybe a small bit of cheese or boiled egg. Post workout shake is fine so long as it is low in carbs. The key is not to spike insulin levels.

When you feast (i.e. the over eating phase) you start with vegetables, then proteins, fats and finally carbs. It is suggested you should eat until you feel more thirty then hungry. You have a 4 hour window for the over eating phase, so you can stop and have some more a little later if you think you need to eat more/ are still hungry.

Lifting heavy at the gym is no problem whilst fasted - I certainly haven't dropped any weight. The key is short, intensive gym sessions which is what i do anyway.

I played 5-side football yesterday (45mins) fasted which was also fine. If i was playing 11-side or undertaking some long cario session i would have some oats before hand as a pre-work out meal which would be fine and is recommended for such events.

Soldato
Sounds pretty good to me, but wouldn't a low carb, high protein diet produce similar results? As your body would eventually sooner rather than later burn fat as fuel due to the low carb intake?

Associate
Sounds pretty good to me, but wouldn't a low carb, high protein diet produce similar results? As your body would eventually sooner rather than later burn fat as fuel due to the low carb intake?

Quite possibly. However, you may miss out on the detox befits. But more importantly for me its just more convenient I.e. I don't have to worry about sourcing quality food for work, and i really look forward to eating a huge, wholesome meal later in the day, and eating that meal and feeling satisfied.

You have to ensure you eat the right mix of foods to ensure you have energy for the next day. It's not rocket science.

^ The diet stems back to the caveman period, where as "hunter/ gather's" we would hunt all day nibbling on berries and the like, then enjoy a huge meal in the evening after dark when its safe. The book is a good read :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Never heard of the warrior diet, sounds interesting though.

From looking at your diet though, does that mean you don't eat any protein from 8pm in the evening until 1pm the next day? Is that right? That is insane, surely you're going catabolic?

In my opinion, people overcomplicate fatloss far too much. Just find your BMR and eat below that, like a 500 deficit per day, while making sure you get your macros. I just stick to High Pro/Mod fats/Low carbs, really simple.

Last edited:
Soldato

You'll be suprised. There's no blood sugar spikes in the morning so I find I can literally wake up with no hastle, I sleep well, and can get to my desk and crack on with my work. I find I actually focus better and can get on with my day much quicker. Once I'm awake that's it, I don't remain half asleep for 45 minutes :) I found this when on Keto too.

Yeah but theres no breakfast there at all that can't be good can it?

Read the leangains website. Particulary the 10 myths debunked here:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

Infact read my journal if you're more curious.

Back
Top Bottom