OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
I guess its about time I posted some pics...

I haven't worked out properly in over 3 years now, since beginning my career. I tend to make it to the gym only on Sundays and perhaps once during the week if I'm lucky. My diet is now just at maintenance calories also and I eat pretty much what I want when I want. I'm just careful not to put junk in.

It's interesting to note how your physique changes when you enter a maintenance phase. I think in total i've probably lost about 8-10lb's muscle in that time and gained maybe 5 or so lb's of fat round my midsection. But overall I don't think i've done too bad considering only minimal effort goes in now.

I still feel okay with my shirt off at the beach so i'm okay with that :)

I weigh in at about 195 lb's, 6 foot. At a guess about 9-10% bodyfat. You can still see my abs though not anywhere near as defined as they were.

At my best I was about 205 lb's very lean. Would love to get back to it properly one day soon!

Sorry for the poor quality, the iphone zoom really is dreadful!

photo1vq.jpg

phot3.jpg

Man of Honour
Am I still watching Jersey Shore...? :p

Looking really good considering your current routine. It also seems like it would probably take less than a month lean up fully.

Soldato
Yeah I was a bit shocked, I never really compared myself and never really thought I had changed that much. Clearly I have!

Yeah my back is my strong point. :)

Thanks matey. :)

I was looking through old photos on my facebook the other day and considering i've only been doing this properly for 5 months or so its a dramatic change even though looking in the mirror it doesnt seem like it. Wish i'd taken some proper 'posed' starting pics...

Associate
Right - thought I'd get back into this. Annoyingly, can't find my last few pics which were taken about 18 months ago. Since then I went away travelling for 7 months in which during the first 2 months hiking in Patagonia I lost 6kg, which was then replenished with fat for the remainder of the trip.

Been back in the gym for about 4 months properly since I've been back and reckon I'm about where I was before now.

5'8 71kg

img0101oc.jpg

oc2ge.jpg

Always had trouble bringing out my chest which I'm fairly sure is genetic unfortunately as I train it as hard as any other area and I've tried all manner of incline, decline, flyes and weighted dips to get it to respond to something!

Probably going to try and get another couple of kilos on then leaning out properly for summer (yeh yeh - scoff all you want, you're all planning it too! :p)

Man of Honour
Volcs I potentially have some good news, but it might just be the way you're posing...

It seems like your shoulders are rotated forwards, which is a fairly complex problem but easy enough to fix. This could mean that when working your chest your pec is starting from a shortened position making it harder to activate and stimulate properly.

Trawl through this and work on the shoulder stuff. If you don't have a ball and a band, get them :)

www.mobilitywod.com

actually, even if it *is* just the way you're posing, doing those things will probably help anyway.

Soldato
Think it's just the way he's posing as his lats are flexed in the right photo.

Best thing you can do for bench is keep your shoulder blades touching during the whole rep. This will pretty much put you in the perfect position.

I basically bench from the peak position of a row.

Back
Top Bottom