OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Got links on how to do TGU's and DB windmills? I find my shoulders burning from bench press quite often, so much so that I've hand to switch to DB press.

Soldato
DB windmills aren't written about much! Have a scour of youtube. DB-WM's are also a hamstring stretch and a brilliant core exercise, increased shoulder stability is just a bonus.

There's lots of tutorials for TGU's on youtube.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Few more pics taken today :) May have to get waxed for my holiday lol

pic1.png

pic2.png

pic3.png

Man of Honour
Instabilities in your shoulders along with poor form and recruitment I found will cause the internal muscles to fatigue and actually feels very much like a burning almost down to the bone right and across the joint. Addressing this with RC work and stabilising exercises along with researching form I found helped massively.

The best exercise I found for stabilising my shoulders has actually been TGU's and DB windmills. Direct RC work helps too but the TGU/WM is more of a compound in my eyes helping the shoulder work together in balance rather than over developing particular areas.
With the greatest respect Benny I think your missing some useful pieces. It is important that your rotators are in good health, but often strengthening them isn't what's needed.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...formance_repair/pushups_face_pulls_and_shrugs
(I've posted that before but it's relevant here)

Basically, if your shoulder is in a bad position no amount of rotator strengthening work will help. In fact if you continually work tissues that are out of their optimum range they will become damaged and weaker, making strains, tears and dislocations more likely. What's needed is to encorage good scapular positioning and to ensure that the shoulder sits correctly (i.e. to the rear of the socket).

Doing TGUs and windmills with good form will definitely help with this, but that supposes that people are aware of their shoulder positioning (I'm not suggesting for a second that they are a bad idea though, just that care is needed). I had a guy yesterday who couldn't get his shoulder to the floor properly when lying on his back, this problem won't last long but it's fairly common.

Ultimately it doesn't matter what specific muscles or tendons are damaged or weak, the best way (that I know) of fixing these types of issues is to work on mobilising movements and making sure everything is slick, smooth and without pain.

Associate
Thought id post up something in here. First pic is at around 145lbs, possibly less. 2nd pic is a couple of weeks ago at 170. Time span around 8-9 months, 6 of which has been with a sorted routine and diet. Still a way to go but happy so far
progressv.jpg

Was hard to find a picture where i wasnt wearing a jumper, hiding my twig arms :p

oh and dont hate on the wife beater

Impressive mate, I'm in a similar position, I'm 142lbs right now and aiming to have around the same muscle mass as you.

What's your diet and routine? Would love some tips and advice from from someone who had the same build as me.

Associate
Popped back to OCUK sports arena after a long break, here's me sitting at just under 80kg:

CutDay29007edit2.jpg

Just switched from a standard bodypart split to an upper/lower split and currently loving it. Since i last posted here, I got up to 85kg, then decided to tighten up my diet and lost around 5kg which has put me where I am now whilst maintaining and even increasing my strength. Oh and I turned 18 in feb :D

(edited in a slightly smaller pic)

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking good neon.uk, nice narrow waist, good lats and what looks to be good chest mass. You're only 18 aswell so you have so much more growth to come, stick at it! I didn't even start training until I was 22 :o

Soldato
Popped back to OCUK sports arena after a long break, here's me sitting at just under 80kg:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/chesszapper/CutDay29007edit2.jpg[IMG]

Just switched from a standard bodypart split to an upper/lower split and currently loving it. Since i last posted here, I got up to 85kg, then decided to tighten up my diet and lost around 5kg which has put me where I am now whilst maintaining and even increasing my strength. Oh and I turned 18 in feb :D

(edited in a slightly smaller pic)[/QUOTE]
What changes did you make to your diet mate? Want to cut up a little for the summer. :)

Associate
What changes did you make to your diet mate? Want to cut up a little for the summer. :)

Dropped calories to around 2000, keeping protein at around 190/200 (just over 1g per lb bodyweight). Carbs went sub 200g, usually aiming for 150. Upped fats to compensate the lost calories due to carbs.

Doing cardio gives you more leeway on the carb cutting.

Soldato
Impressive mate, I'm in a similar position, I'm 142lbs right now and aiming to have around the same muscle mass as you.

What's your diet and routine? Would love some tips and advice from from someone who had the same build as me.

Diet for the most part was around 3000 cals, 220g protein, 250g carbs, 100g fat. I've no idea if its near optimal but i guess it worked. Routine is something like;

day1: chest + triceps
day2: legs + shoulders
day3: back + biceps

Currently cutting cals for a few weeks then going to go on a slower bulk over summer and try and keep lean.

Soldato
Seems I'm now getting back into the swing of things. Put on BF over a year. Finishing my 4th week of HST whilst cleaning up my cals (small deficit). Lost 10lb as it stands and getting stronger.

imag03861.jpg

FF Hi5 to the man fur :D

Soldato
Went for a light chest session today and took a couple of pics after. Front ones turned out crap but heres the back one. Cant pose for toffee :p

backfl.jpg

I chose the wrong day to post a back pic damnit ^ nice!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just had a measure up and I'm sitting at;

chest 47
R bi 15
L bi 14
L thigh 22
R thigh 22
L calf 15
R calf 15

Which is not bad, but I've always fancied 16" biceps though :o

I can control my own diet now which will help bit time. Might post pics later if I get a chance.

Soldato
I need to stop binge eating at weekends to get down from 85kg D=, Overall my body is getting a bit leaner and obliques are starting to come through but holding a lot on my lower back.

DSC01319.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Around October/November 2010 I think.

20110303-nkgbcr2ka74cpn844aypeutqk2.jpg

Hadn't realised how far I've come in 4/5 months since looking at that pic :eek:

Compairson shots after first cycle of HST I think pictures, with poor posing!

20110125-8qmugw2uig4wa92y82dck4u69s.jpg

More recently, some back shots from me, for those that haven't been following my journal.

This was about 2 or so weeks ago
20110405-8cmme62s16meikf1nuj755y7ph.jpg

Tonight 2 weeks or so in to some calorie control and slight cutting phase. Prepared with a reduction in calories and steady state cardio, of which I will now be replacing for HIIT.

20110419-8fk8p6bi46c58y82scb7w7xu9f.jpg

Posing is a little different. My traps and back is in bits from yesterdays workout so explains any poor posing! Biceps haven't really been touched much during HST, since finishing the second cycle I've spent a little time smashing them. Lacking in peak somewhat but still vascular and not much smaller. I think my shoulder peak has increased making the bicep peak look smaller. I'm not massively fussed by it, just an observation.

As grueling as it can be I 3> HST.

Last edited:
Soldato
Impressive BennyC :cool:

Back home so i thought i'd take a couple of pictures in the same spot as i first took them. Gone from 66kg to 78kg in 8 months although only 5-6 of those have been with any sort of routine and a decent diet. Also have barely trained in the past 2-3 weeks due to uni assignments and coming home to no gym :(. Could have done better i guess but i've learnt a lot to put into effect this coming year :D

progress1x.jpg

progress2w.jpg

Back
Top Bottom