OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

I err... 'my diet', will be due a good raping in the following weeks/month. :o

On a slow and steady bulk to 13stone which I think I'll hit around the end of March/beginning of April all being well (5lbs to go). Then plan to cut down for the summer.

So I'll be in touch with steedie/freefaller for a good rape'age sesh nearer the time if you don't mind? :eek:

It gave me the calories I need at the time for as cheap as I could get really...Just a lot of fat ;)

I used to have oats every morning, but found I was eating way to many carbs....Going by the new diet im eating a lot of carbs now :p But I trust you sweetie <3 ;)

Just out of interest could you post an example of your diet and what your aims are?

On a slow and steady bulk to 13stone which I think I'll hit around the end of March/beginning of April all being well (5lbs to go). Then plan to cut down for the summer.

So I'll be in touch with steedie/freefaller for a good rape'age sesh nearer the time if you don't mind? :eek:

Too many rape references for my liking !

:D

Happy to help as and when. :) Though I'm sure Steedie will give you an equal amount if not better bit of advice. :)

I can't not eat breakfast....its just weird.

Krisboats, you will need to adjust your diet eventually, you will make gains for so long, then hit a wall. Simply put, you will need more food

I know i could do with more, but if i'm being 100% honest i think a large part of the problem for me is the inconsistent training. I've had broken ribs and fingers, torn ligaments in my knee and currently have torn ligaments in my foot, making deadlifts and squats very awkward. Sounds like a load of excuses i know but over the last year i think i've struggled to make 10 weeks of lifting without something stopping me.

Well I'm not arguing it has its merits, but it just seems a rather pointless exercise unless you absolutely have to do it due to your lifestyle (work not allowing you to eat or other time restraints).

Trying to eat the amount of calories you need too in a small window is just daft, it's uncomfortable for a start, I was struggling to eat sometimes I was so full when eating all day, let alone when I have to eat so much in a restricted time period. Also, because of this, you'll cut out a lot of foods that are important, you might not eat enough veggies as you don't want to fill yourself up on stuff like that, instead concentrating on more calorie dense foods.

And training fasted, I don't care who you are, you're not going to be training to your full potential without eating for so long, you're going to lack the intensity you need to really have the gains you want (and if you don't train fasted, you're missing the point). So doing it in a plan to gain mass is a silly idea. And if you're doing it to lose weight, why put yourself through it? You'll have much better results eating smaller meals more regularly throughout the day and training on decent meals.

A calorie deficit is a calorie deficit, how you achieve that doesn't make the slightest bit of difference. So if you want to lose weight, follow a decent diet and workout plan with some cardio thrown in and you'll see better results.

There's a lot of other reasons that make it silly, but it will just explode in to a bro science debate as peoples beliefs vary so much on this sort of thing

I actually agree with you, but i do it based on work. I find it easier to fit it into my lifestyle than 6 small meals per day, as i don't always get the opportunity to fit 6 small meals into my day.

Edit: Bah, you've got me wanting to try and fit into my schedule again now.

Last edited:
I saw it as being an easier option to loose some extra body fat, Having to eat a couple of times a day must be much easier than having to worry about many smaller meals throughout the day time.

Right now I am nowhere near ready to give up any foods, Let alone prepare for a calorie deficit :D

It's just another avenue I was looking into and at my current weight of 105KG any and all info is welcome. I forgot what my abs look like :p And want them back.

I saw it as being an easier option to loose some extra body fat, Having to eat a couple of times a day must be much easier than having to worry about many smaller meals throughout the day time.

Right now I am nowhere near ready to give up any foods, Let alone prepare for a calorie deficit :D

It's just another avenue I was looking into and at my current weight of 105KG any and all info is welcome. I forgot what my abs look like :p And want them back.

A calorie deficit will reveal your abs in time in correlation with the right nutrition, no matter what your meal frequency is.

Krisboats, you're looking great mate, nice bit of thickness on the arms and pretty good definition all round :) Just continue on your bulking, as you're getting some great gains.

A calorie deficit is a calorie deficit, how you achieve that doesn't make the slightest bit of difference. So if you want to lose weight, follow a decent diet and workout plan with some cardio thrown in and you'll see better results.

I'm assuming you've simplified that statement for effect. To me that implies you don't think macro ratios or nutrient timing is important.

PS I'm not starting nuffink; I've seen how lean you get! :)

Well I'm not arguing it has its merits, but it just seems a rather pointless exercise unless you absolutely have to do it due to your lifestyle (work not allowing you to eat or other time restraints).

Trying to eat the amount of calories you need too in a small window is just daft, it's uncomfortable for a start, I was struggling to eat sometimes I was so full when eating all day, let alone when I have to eat so much in a restricted time period. Also, because of this, you'll cut out a lot of foods that are important, you might not eat enough veggies as you don't want to fill yourself up on stuff like that, instead concentrating on more calorie dense foods.

And training fasted, I don't care who you are, you're not going to be training to your full potential without eating for so long, you're going to lack the intensity you need to really have the gains you want (and if you don't train fasted, you're missing the point). So doing it in a plan to gain mass is a silly idea. And if you're doing it to lose weight, why put yourself through it? You'll have much better results eating smaller meals more regularly throughout the day and training on decent meals.

There's a lot of other reasons that make it silly, but it will just explode in to a bro science debate as peoples beliefs vary so much on this sort of thing

Here bloody here. It's just another calorie control lifestyle. It's not "special" I've already proved this to be the case, and the author argues against himself in his own research.

Just eat sensibly, train hard, be happy, sleep well. And most of all, BE COMMITED AND PATIENT!!!!! That's all you need.

You need to CHOOSE a lifestyle and STICK TO IT!

If you're able to eat 3 meals a day and get all the calories and nutrients you need - GREAT! If you're happier eating 6 smaller meals a day, and still get all your calories and nutrients - GREAT! If you can't eat breakfast and/or have little time for steady meals a day and the IF style routine suits you then - GREAT!

Ultimately, all it comes down to is getting the right nutirents and calories. However the IF author even suggests himself that training fasted isn't the best idea - it's not. anybody with a modicum of understanding of biology can tell you that.

If you want to get leaner, eat less than you expend. If you want to stay lean, build more muscle as it'll use more calories and improve metabolic functions.

You can try all sorts of short term "diets" - however, for long term you need a LIFESTYLE choice that you can stick to. It just works - it's sustainable, easier, and it merges into your day to day life rather than disrupting it.

I'm assuming you've simplified that statement for effect. To me that implies you don't think macro ratios or nutrient timing is important.

PS I'm not starting nuffink; I've seen how lean you get! :)

I'd agree with exactly what steedie said....

All this counting is really not needed unless you are dieting for a show really. But im pretty shredded and follow no set diet really, just swap things in and out and I count absolutely nothing. Circa 14.5-15 stone 7-8% body fat.

I do zero cardio as well....

To top it off I eat stupid amounts every sat/sun over 1kg carbs. harribos etc.

If you want the key to gaining muscle and/or burning fat it's simple, metabolism.

How can you possibly know what your body needs when dieting? exact nutrient macros etc, your every day job? calorie exp do you take tht into account? such as walking up the stairs to the toilet, or going to the shops etc all burns cals, inc resting cals.

Back
Top Bottom