OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
Oh my lawd, maybe time to start swapping out the crunches for squatz or something Dracata.

lol seconded

I have no idea what you mean by that (I really am a novice, any muscles that I do or do not have are by pure chance, with a few past heavy-lifting/high movement jobs)

Do you mean my upper... stomachy area is overly developed, and I should work on some exercises for my lower stomach..? Legs?

Permabanned
Its just you have abs but little muscular development. Its a great base to start from. Start hitting the squats, deadlifts, and bench and eat shedloads. You'll be looking awesome in no time.

Soldato
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/Rich_L/Me/21072008046.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/Rich_L/Me/21072008047.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g95/Rich_L/Me/21072008048.jpg

5'11 and 14 stone on the dot at the moment, am not a gym-goer but played rugby a lot until a couple of years ago, had a fairly unhealthy winter though with too much work and junk food and it's starting to show...plus getting older means it's not so easy to get away with!!!

Took these really for my own comparison purposes but figured I put them up here - gonna tighten up diet and hit gym regularly for the next 8 weeks, should be interesting to see results :) Aiming to lose some BF but maybe bulk up a little bit too (who isn't eh..lol)! But off we go I suppose...!

Man of Honour
OP
You've got a great base to work on Rich (you handsome ******). However not only concentrating on losing your BF you should try and develop your upper body more and get a bit of a taper on. At the moment you're a little too "uniform" if you see what I mean. Check out my pics in the archived thread to see what I mean. Don't know if there's any point in posting mine again as I haven't changed much since. Might do some updates this weekend and see...

Soldato
You've got a great base to work on Rich (you handsome ******). However not only concentrating on losing your BF you should try and develop your upper body more and get a bit of a taper on. At the moment you're a little too "uniform" if you see what I mean. Check out my pics in the archived thread to see what I mean. Don't know if there's any point in posting mine again as I haven't changed much since. Might do some updates this weekend and see...
Yeah I know what you mean, that's kinda what I'm aiming for, not going to focus particularly on any parts at this stage, just tightening up diet and doing basic compound, bench, press, squat, deadlift, chin-ups etc, plus gonna try and drag my sorry ass out of bed in the mornings and do some HIIT-style sprints at the park round the corner. Should be interesting to see the results after a couple of months, and hopefully if I get into a routine will keep it up beyond that as well :)

Soldato
I have no idea what you mean by that (I really am a novice, any muscles that I do or do not have are by pure chance, with a few past heavy-lifting/high movement jobs)

Do you mean my upper... stomachy area is overly developed, and I should work on some exercises for my lower stomach..? Legs?

Ultra is being far too kind :D

It looks like youve worked your stomach and nothing else pretty much, youve got decent abs but they look kind of silly with nothing up top to balance them out. You might find you can totally drop ab work from your routine and swap in more compound exercises and youll probably be happier with your shape.

Caporegime
Ultra is being far too kind :D

It looks like youve worked your stomach and nothing else pretty much, youve got decent abs but they look kind of silly with nothing up top to balance them out. You might find you can totally drop ab work from your routine and swap in more compound exercises and youll probably be happier with your shape.

tbh it doesnt look like he has worked his abs that much, just has very low bf% to start with. the abs are not thick at all, just abs, showing like any other muscle he has due to low bf.

Soldato
tbh it doesnt look like he has worked his abs that much, just has very low bf% to start with. the abs are not thick at all, just abs, showing like any other muscle he has due to low bf.

That first picture from the side just looks weird tbh :p and i think youre overestimating peoples natural fitness, 99% of the people in the Uk dont walk round with abs like that, hidden by fat or not.

Caporegime
not really. he hasnt done anything weighted to grow the muscles by the looks of it. could be from his natural work or daily habits, but there isnt that much to be really shouting about imo.
to me it looks like low fat and a set of ribs helping him along.

Associate
I agree, it looks a lot as though the side area which you might think is his obliques are probably his lower ribs given the contour, the recti aren't looking particularly overdeveloped at all. I think he's just lucky and skinny as a start point

Associate
Sounds like i'm taking some abuse :D

But seriously, it's probably just low bf/abs that everyone has, i've been going to the gym on and off for a couple of years and always try to get in some situps but nothing particularly special.

I'm reading through GordyR's sticky at the moment, but can anyone give a very brief set set of exercises/routines I should perhaps concentrate on doing?

I just want general overall fitness / to be a bit bigger, more defined etc..

Soldato
Sounds like i'm taking some abuse :D

But seriously, it's probably just low bf/abs that everyone has, i've been going to the gym on and off for a couple of years and always try to get in some situps but nothing particularly special.

I'm reading through GordyR's sticky at the moment, but can anyone give a very brief set set of exercises/routines I should perhaps concentrate on doing?

I just want general overall fitness / to be a bit bigger, more defined etc..

Just squat.

Back
Top Bottom