OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
OP
I'd worry more about hitting some big weights sessions with lots of volume and intensity than too worried about keeping "trim". You'll develop muscle and your whole body composition will change as a result. But there's no point in trimming down if there's nothing to trim down to! ;)

I'd rather be more like Arnie than Brad Pitt, except for the face maybe! :p I just used him as an example of an ectomorph. So it just shows you what is possible. :)@

Permabanned
I'd worry more about hitting some big weights sessions with lots of volume and intensity than too worried about keeping "trim". You'll develop muscle and your whole body composition will change as a result. But there's no point in trimming down if there's nothing to trim down to! ;)

I'd rather be more like Arnie than Brad Pitt, except for the face maybe! :p I just used him as an example of an ectomorph. So it just shows you what is possible. :)@

Yeah but you're a monster mate :p

As for keeping trim, until june 19th it's all about putting muscle on for me, so I'm going to be eating as much as I can, but I'm going to eat as cleanly as I can, I'll eat enough to maximise strength gains and not go over the top on the flab, I know that some (/a lot) is inevitable though. I guess what I mean is that I'm not going to be sat here stuffing custard creams, instead maybe a couple of boiled eggs and toast.

Soldato
hey

got a bit of a problem here... i have not been training/going to gym at all... but one of my triceps is about 1" smaller than the other? is it normal or should i be worried about it? i never noticed it was so different to the other.. im 18 btw :)

Man of Honour
hey

got a bit of a problem here... i have not been training/going to gym at all... but one of my triceps is about 1" smaller than the other? is it normal or should i be worried about it? i never noticed it was so different to the other.. im 18 btw :)

No ones symetrical its totally normal mate

Caporegime
hey

most people use 1 arm more than the other. i carry things in my right hand more than my left, for example.

so its natural that one will be larger than the other.

Permabanned
hey

try choking the chicken with your left hand for a while :p

Soldato
Another pretty weedy one here! I think I might've posted some pictures last year sometime just before I started going to the gym. Well that didn't really work out, but I've been doing what I can with a bench, barbell and dumbbells for the last 2-3 months or so. I've gone from about 150lb to 160lb, although I think a lot of that is probably fat! Though during this time I fell ill for a week and a half and lost half a stone through hardly eating, which made things even more difficult! Also, though I was eating a lot, it wasn't good food (for example pizzas, fry ups, etc.) and I getting 3-5 hours sleep a night for the majority of that time. Really not good for growing.

I think my chest needs a lot more work, and my legs have never been my strong point so they need a lot of attention too.

At the moment I'm just concentrating on bulking up (as clean as possible), training a lot harder so I'm putting on more muscle than fat, and spend a lot more time resting.

My goal is to be big rather than ripped, though this may prove difficult given my pretty small frame (I'm about 5' 7" I think, by the way).

09042009270.jpg

09042009264.jpg

09042009263.jpg

09042009261.jpg

09042009266.jpg

Be harsh!

Last edited:
Associate
most people use 1 arm more than the other. i carry things in my right hand more than my left, for example.

so its natural that one will be larger than the other.

I have a this slightly also. But what is weird (even though my right bicep is slighly larger) is that my left arm is stronger than my right arm:confused:

Just about any dumbell bicep exercise I do....I may strugle and manage 7 or 8 reps with the right arm...and my left will happily pop out the 10 or whatever im trying to achieve.

Soldato
I have a this slightly also. But what is weird (even though my right bicep is slighly larger) is that my left arm is stronger than my right arm:confused:

Just about any dumbell bicep exercise I do....I may strugle and manage 7 or 8 reps with the right arm...and my left will happily pop out the 10 or whatever im trying to achieve.

I have this for my shoulders. Right considerably weaker than the left. Fine for pressing, just raises where I notice the difference. Being right handed I'd expect my shoulder to be stronger, also used to play squash and tennis, doesn't make sense:confused:

Back
Top Bottom