OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
OP
Nice low BF cristi, thick back not much to comment really - though being long limbed and tall you're going to find it hard to look "BIG". Though @ 100kg it's a pretty good weight to be at for your height. I'm about an inch and a bit shorter at nearly the same weight.

Only thing I'd say is arms and shoulders and traps could do with a bit of work as well as chest. However your waist is looking slim! Keep it up dude. :cool:

Soldato
lastyear.jpg

Me last year and up until doing some proper weight work and eating more in the way of tuna, eggs and chicken as well as keeping myself properly hydrated. Just before my birthday this march i started hitting the exercises properly and since then i've seen a fair amount of improvement.

I'm currently looking to improve on pecks, Upper back and triceps. As i've mainly been concentrating on getting my upper body strength on par. I'm 6'5" and weigh 110kg roughly so normal things like pressups and pullups have been harder work than they should be.

This is now after mainly concentrating on dumbells and pressup handles.

shrugs.jpg

stdr.jpg

lifti.jpg

Any other key areas i should work on?

Associate
Nice low BF cristi, thick back not much to comment really - though being long limbed and tall you're going to find it hard to look "BIG". Though @ 100kg it's a pretty good weight to be at for your height. I'm about an inch and a bit shorter at nearly the same weight.

Only thing I'd say is arms and shoulders and traps could do with a bit of work as well as chest. However your waist is looking slim! Keep it up dude. :cool:

didn't see this until now, indeed it is impossible for me to look big, especially in pictures. On the other hand, It's hard for me to look "too big" as well, and my little muffin' top can only be seen in certain poses, otherwise being tall has small advantages as well.:D

Pecs definitely need improvement, currently my weakest group but working on it, very slowly progressing compared to my back. Next on the list is arms, as you mentioned, especially the triceps, but is slowly catching up so I keep on hitting it. Obviously there is room for improvement everywhere, including traps and shoulders.
In any case, I've added up 2 inches on my arms in less then half an year, so I'm happy with my progress and trying to keep it going. I'll pose some before gym pics in a few months to compare when hopefully I'll have more to show.:)

krisboats, looking great nice progress for just 2 months, I'm sure you look even better in real life as pictures make tall people look a lot skinnier than they are.

Nice structure, arms can do with a bit of improvement, for lats try to do assisted pullups (you can use a chair to cheat them on the upper part) and focus on slowly lowering yourself. That is ofc if you can't get access to a machine for pull downs. I couldn't do pullups for the first 3 or 4 months either, but then I started struggling for 3 or 4 on each set and constantly increased the number.
Don't get discouraged that you can't do many, at your body weight you don't need to in order to build serious mass.:cool:

also, don't be afraid to eat a lot(healthy food ofc), it's very hard for a fella like you to look fat, so you can afford to bulk up a bit and still look lean.

Soldato
:D Cheers guys.

Lats then, i assume from a quick google they're the sort of wing muscles under the armpits on your back? I've had a quick look here and i assume most of that is correct?

I can do around 20-30 pull ups now as opposed to the 1 or so i could miserably do before. I've seen a huge benefit in my biking which is fantastic, i do a lot of biketrials riding so explosive power in a rowing kind of motion is what i need to jump further on my bike. I think this is probably why the shoulders are doing well as they get a lot of exercise really.... though i'm already seeing a big improvement in how high i can throw the bike around now :D

Associate
Great low BF...thats something I find very hard to do. You could do with more chest to match the shoulders! Good work though. Tris also maybe...allthough that will come if you up the benching etc.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Definite increase in muscle density. Kris :) You're a tall bugger aren't you! :D How much did you weigh in your first pic?

Chest traps and arms need a bit of developing but the rest is looking good. Please tell me you train your legs too!!

Back
Top Bottom