OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
OP
We don't (well I don't anyway) "gawp" at other men's bodies. We offer advice, and give support and help give an objective 3rd party perspecting on their development. It's very hard to gauge for yourself how you're improving, only other people can tell you that. If it causes a stirring in your loins I suggest you may need to address your preferences ;)

Caporegime
What makes some chaps go bonkers and get themselves totally muscled up so you can see every sinew and vein? If you do this BB lark for the ladies do they dig that look? On a woman it looks totally horrendous. In fact, a six pack on a woman looks horrendous. (IMHO.) If you see a woman with a six pack doesn't it make you think of a man's body?

Man of Honour
OP
This is straying from the point of this thread a little but I'm happy for you to start this discussion in another thread - though it has been discussed before. It takes a lot of dedication and effort to bring out every muscle fibre in your body as well as symmetry. That doesn't bother me TOO much I'm more interested in power and strength and bulk, however having low bodyfat to look healthy and defined is a confidence boost, but yes superficially a lot of women do like a muscular/fit physique. But there's a difference between that and being super cut and shredded like a professional bodybyuilder. I'm happy to carry this convo on, but in another thread please.

Soldato
Posted a while back with some pictures when I was trying some body building. It didn't stick sadly and I went from about 12 stone to around 15. I was a fat lump for a while. Then about 4 months ago I got really interested in boxing, so I've been doing as much running and cycling as I can fit into a day to get my weight down and my fitness up so I can join a boxing gym when I move to Brighton in ~3 weeks. I've also been doing some body weight exercises, but no major muscle development to be honest, I haven't been eating enough.
I'm at 11 stone dead on right now, I want to go to at least 10.5.

I don't know how to pose to show muscles so, this is what you get :D

Wish my back was naturally more powerful :( I also wish I wasn't 22, already too old :(

(I know I'm showing a lot of ab. there but I don't work on them at all at the moment, they seem to be sorting themselves out.)

Soldato
Yeah, that's kind of why this is out of place in a body building thread. I don't really give a damn about size or looks, its fitness/endurance, speed and explosive muscle power that matter. And of course you're battling against the weight class limits if you just go for packing on muscle.

@panthro - the Mike Tysons of the world start at 15-16 (or actually well before that as he was a football player), and no one really boxes past 30, giving me an 8 year window. Hell, I might be rubbish at boxing and this might all be a moot point :D However I'm getting much more enjoyment out of a cardio based workout than I ever was when I was trying BB'ing.

dun

dun

Soldato
Yeah, that's kind of why this is out of place in a body building thread. I don't really give a damn about size or looks, its fitness/endurance, speed and explosive muscle power that matter. And of course you're battling against the weight class limits if you just go for packing on muscle.

@Panthro - the Mike Tysons of the world start at 15-16 (or actually well before that as he was a football player), and no one really boxes past 30, giving me an 8 year window. Hell, I might be rubbish at boxing and this might all be a moot point :D However I'm getting much more enjoyment out of a cardio based workout than I ever was when I was trying BB'ing.

Enjoyment is what its all about mate. I know how restricting those boxing weight limits are so good luck with it :)

Soldato
Would you believe I've never measured myself? I think the last time I was measured was when I was 13 during a Biology lesson. I can actually remember it :D

I know I'm not 6 foot though, probably an inch or so under.

I don't even have a tape measure in the house... worst male ever.

Soldato
^ Neither did I when I measured myself a while ago. I put a book on my head, drew a line on the wall under it and then saw how many sheets of A4 I could fit between there and the floor. The excess on the last sheet was then measured with a ruler ...

Now that's dedication :o improvisation is key :cool:

Soldato
I know there are some people on here that do boxing, or at least do the training, can I drop someone an email from Trust to ask about some stuff like how much I should be running etc?

Soldato
I know there are some people on here that do boxing, or at least do the training, can I drop someone an email from Trust to ask about some stuff like how much I should be running etc?

I know a lot of boxers and have boxed myself - Generally only tend to run a maximum of 5 miles and train for 2 hours absolute max even a hours good - depends like if you got a fight coming up or not.

A lot of that training will be sparring mind.

Soldato
I don't often post pictures but I always check this thread when I get an email notification.

I posted some earlier pictures for reference. NigelPosing is the earliest, then u can go by the date. With the latest set of pictures I was having big trouble showing what I see in the mirror rather than a whitewashed undefined blob. I'm not in body building condition. I'm not a bodybuilder. I am more of a strength althete.

I caught a bit of definition in the first picture in the 2nd gallery.

http://img152.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=nigelposing10edit.jpg

http://img406.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=4409h.jpg

I was working hard as a labourer this week. Last day I've never worked so hard! At 07:45 I was lifting big bins full of wood, plasterboard and rubbish down two flights of stairs, and clearing and sweeping the scaffolding. I made sure I had enough to eat though. However at times still I felt really hungry, my steel toecaps felt like I was walking on nails and by the last day I had them filled with 3 inner soles and 2 pairs of socks (which was a such a tight fit I couldn't use sports socks). Ramble, ramble, complain, complain. Was fun though, makes a change from signing on. The men in the cantina were amazed how much I was eating too. I brought "roast dinner" with me.

6.30 - balanced meal

10.00 - balanced meal (once or twice + a egg and bacon sandwich from cantine)

13:00 - balanced meal

15:00 - Got so hungry at this point I started sneaking a bit of cheese in jacket (not allowed to eas on site, I would have substituted a protine shake if I had an appropriately sized, concealable container.

17:30 - Protein shake (yourwhey.com + I have a 10g sample of creatine & L-Glutamine)

18:30 - Balanced meal

19:00 - Train

20:00 - protein shake

21:00 - balanced meal

22:00 - oats - big mug of em with raisins and special k top layer for that crunch factor

* - bed

Last edited:
Soldato
5'9 13.5 stone.

I'm not hitting the food as hard this week as I don't have a labouring job anymore, and I think I was just on the edge of gaining weight due to excess food consumption. I'm more interested in improving my lifts while eating enough to allow me to progress but not so much that I become overly podgy.

Soldato
Anyway crackin nearly 85kg on the scales at the gym just. Took this yesterday for all the biceptz boyz:
1.jpg
We are about the same weight, I would have though I was heavier. U are looking a bit freaky yourself m8.;)

Soldato
I know a lot of boxers and have boxed myself - Generally only tend to run a maximum of 5 miles and train for 2 hours absolute max even a hours good - depends like if you got a fight coming up or not.

A lot of that training will be sparring mind.

Cheers Vegeta, seems I'm already doing enough running then (28 miles in 5 days :D ), but I definitely need to build my legs and knees up more - so I will be doing a three day blitz of jump squats when I go to France over Easter (it's supposed to be a holiday but I'm already thinking of it like a training camp :p )

I'm also thinking of working in some swimming, but the nearest pool is too far to cycle too and I'd rather not use the car.

My problem as always is eating enough but that's never going to change so, I just struggle with it.

Back
Top Bottom