OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
OP
I find myself using a bit of body English when doing DB rows, but they're always last, but I find it's more of a jolt up at the beginning of the movement, then I contract my back like a mofo at the squeeze :)

Oh it wasn't a pop at you - but you see people doing almost a deadlift everytime, and twisting their bodies... Lock that scap in place, and that core, and bloody get it done!

Permabanned
Oh it wasn't a pop at you - but you see people doing almost a deadlift everytime, and twisting their bodies... Lock that scap in place, and that core, and bloody get it done!

DB rows are a very poor exercise for beginners period, no way can you properly engage the back in the movement without years of pulling experience. Every beginner i see is using bicep+momentum+lateral twisting to lift the weight and will get little from it apart from fatigued arms and shoulders.

Man of Honour
OP
You're right. However, so many movements really are experienced movements. Heck even my deadlift and squat wasn't that good in terms of technique. However, as you learn and get better you get so much more from your exercises.

Permabanned
You're right. However, so many movements really are experienced movements. Heck even my deadlift and squat wasn't that good in terms of technique. However, as you learn and get better you get so much more from your exercises.

Oh indeed but there is more room for so called body english in things like bent over rows and face pulls / pull downs which will teach proper back engagment. I swear its only in the last year or so that ive figured out how to contract my lats when doing pulldowns!

Caporegime
Excuse the left arm. A mixture of not tensing it properly and it actually being a bit smaller than the right anyway! We established on Saturday that I really need to start hitting the outer bicep - my biceps seem to be entirely dominated by the inside, and near non-existent on the outside, which does nothing for my peaks!

Dem der zits came through quickly mate :p

Nice V going on though man, I must see Steeds for some proper posing tips

Soldato
Fuark brah, please give me your skin cleansing techniques! On seconds thoughts, don't........ Haven't started anything yet, being in the hot Maltese sunshine resulted in me breaking out in spots annoyingly!

Soldato
My back is always sufficiently spotty to make me look naughty aswell Monkee.

DUDg.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom