OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Caporegime
Your legs are used all the time and as such have built up a high resistance and a high recovery to what you throw at them on a daily basis - to improve them both in terms of size and strength you need to push them beyond their usual punishment.
Agree entirely, they are just much further ahead than my upper body.

Can only just do one 70kg bench but 8 x 120kg squat pretty easily

Associate
and I thought I have a weak bench lol.
normal balance would be that a person that can squat 120kg should bench about 90-100, for roughly the same number of reps.
but nobody is perfectly balanced, although being able to bench only half compared to what you can squat means you have excellent legs and not so good chest.

I think that's because you're "genetically gifted" in terms of legs and they even grew with cycling.

Soldato
I think I've added some muscle since I last posted ( http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=13811688&postcount=770 ), struggling with my weight though... going from living in the middle of the country to the middle of a city had an unexpected impact on my diet. I mean, when you can nip out at 23:00 for a Bounty who wouldn't? I'm just not used to it. And I haven't done as much running as I'd like since moving here, which isn't helping.

Anyway, sorry about the focus, I think I breathed on the lens. Also I finally pulled myself together and contacted a boxing gym, going for the first time on Monday :)

I'm quite please with my back, if you can make it out through that terrible focus. The last shot is just for fun :)

Associate
Heres one of me. Took a few months ago. 6ft3 not saying my weight haha

11.jpg

Associate
Hey Ive only been going just over a month - give me chance :p

that's more than I could do after a month so you got me there.
it's not that it's a weak bench, everybody starts from low, it's that compared to 120kg squats that not many people can achieve after years of going to the gym it seems tiny. .
keep up the good work.:cool:

Morba, when I first entered a gym half an year ago I could bench around 50kg and curl about the same weight. Was the ultimate bicepz monkey.:o

Back
Top Bottom