OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
Yeah, the key is walking around the entire night with your arm bent and at a level where your bicep is under maximum tension for the night

Ways of making this look like it's not intentional is:

1) A pint in hand
2) Giving directions
3) Pointing at something funny (if nothing available, make something by putting something slippery like grease on some stairs)
4) Doing an impression of a T-Rex
5) Doctors orders

Also, taking 30 minute breaks to go in a toilet cubicle and do push ups will help maximise the effect

Hand positioning is key too, if you have short insertions, be careful about turning your hands with the palms facing the ceiling, as this will give you an unattractive gap, but on the flipside will give maximum peak, so if you have a short enough t shirt it might be worth the risk.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
You say that, but it's still surprising how many of them will believe it's the only way to fly (whilst downing Maximuscle shakes), and how many people who should know better (i.e. PTs) also fall into that category.

Some myths and habits are hard to crack. :(

Yeah, the key is walking around the entire night with your arm bent and at a level where your bicep is under maximum tension for the night

Ways of making this look like it's not intentional is:

1) A pint in hand
2) Giving directions
3) Pointing at something funny (if nothing available, make something by putting something slippery like grease on some stairs)
4) Doing an impression of a T-Rex
5) Doctors orders

Also, taking 30 minute breaks to go in a toilet cubicle and do push ups will help maximise the effect

I did wonder why there were always hand prints on the floor in the bathroom after you've been in there!

Man of Honour
Some myths and habits are hard to crack. :(

I did wonder why there were always hand prints on the floor in the bathroom after you've been in there!

Well, it's a combination of that, and furiously pressing my hands on the wall as I fap with great fury to your latest progress pics, occasionally I have to swap hands hence two hand prints

Soldato
I have bigger arms than most brocep monkeys at my gym despite not doing any direct bicep work - all hedge is driving at is that it's not THAT necessary unless you're after a specific shape or goal.

That may be true but you have been training for 300 years ;)

I do bicep isolation, you don't, but you have bigger biceps. Bicep isolation must therefore be pointless :p

Soldato
With a bodyfat so low you would notice gains quite dramatically in the first few months I think.

Big compound lifts and double your food intake and you have a great starting point.

Yeah I've struggled on the lifting front as my school gym only provides dumbbells and it's almost impossible to find a decent gym with a squat rack/powercage and olympic weights that will take under 18s, at least in central London :/

Ksanti, if you are just wanting to bulk and put on some weight, just eat mate. then worry about cutting again later

Yeah that's sorted. Been shovelling food down my throat nowadays and a load of MP stuff came including a load of samples so I can find something I actually enjoy taking (I'm about halfway though a 3kg bag of Hurricane XS but it's started to make me gag so I don't drink anywhere near enough how much I should do to put on weight. When I was taking it regularly and exercising I put on about 3kg over a month so I know it works)

With dumbbell squats what should I be aiming for? I'd imagine less than with barbell squats as it takes a fair bit more balancing when the weights aren't fixed together?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah I've struggled on the lifting front as my school gym only provides dumbbells and it's almost impossible to find a decent gym with a squat rack/powercage and olympic weights that will take under 18s, at least in central London :/

Yeah that's sorted. Been shovelling food down my throat nowadays and a load of MP stuff came including a load of samples so I can find something I actually enjoy taking (I'm about halfway though a 3kg bag of Hurricane XS but it's started to make me gag so I don't drink anywhere near enough what I should do)

With dumbbell squats what should I be aiming for? I'd imagine less than with barbell squats as it takes a fair bit more balancing when the weights aren't fixed together?

Goblet squats, reverse lunges, rear foot elevated splits...

You can cause yourself all kinds of pain by doing those sorts of exercises. You can also make your time after the gym thoroughly miserable through inventive uses of low weights. There will come a time when it gets limiting, but until that point arrives, go nuts!

Soldato
Yeah when I go to uni next year I'll be able to find a gym no problem, it's mostly the age thing which is causing problems at the moment. If I hit the limit for DB usage then I reckon that's enough work for one year :D

I wasn't sure whether you were saying to use them or not because that second line wasn't quite clear whether it was a recommendation or not hahah

Man of Honour
Yeah when I go to uni next year I'll be able to find a gym no problem, it's mostly the age thing which is causing problems at the moment. If I hit the limit for DB usage then I reckon that's enough work for one year :D

I really don't get this. I know a lot of teenagers are pretty stupid and dumb, but not much more so than their elders as a proprtion.

This is why we suck at weightlifting as a nation.

I wasn't sure whether you were saying to use them or not because that second line wasn't quite clear whether it was a recommendation or not hahah

Use them. You can do some pretty awesome exercises with only some small dumbells, even if you get limited after a short while.

What weights do the dumbells go up to?

Soldato
I reckon under 16 is too young to have access to huge weights just because of the growth implications and inevitable 'm8 I'm such a hard man' 14 year olds doing their backs in, but parental consent should be enough for under 18 I reckon. Unfortunately I don't reckon they'd take my GCSE and AS results and polite mannerisms as a substitute for actually being 18...

Not sure what weight the school's go up to, I think either 20 or 30. In any case if weight's become a problem I have a few spinlocks at home that I can just get big weight for?

Associate
Quick back shot. Back strength coming on nicely (I think). Able to deadlift 140kg with straps for 8 reps easy now :). Oh and how the hell do you pose your back lol. Find it so difficult!
DSC02505.jpg

Caporegime
Need to spread your shoulder blades more. I find it hard though

EDIT: Arggh, all kinds of pain was had when I had to live with goblet squats and split squats. So much pain!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom