OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Skin problem still there, unable to sort out a gym (poor and under 18 aren't a great recipe for finding a decent gym). Just about managed to get some progress going (excuse the anabolic lighting haha) after a summer of not exactly looking after my body. Still weedy as hell especially in comparison to you monsters, but I'm getting there :)

EE3HZ.jpg.png

Associate
Ive spent most of my youth believing women dont care about your body, but the last few months have opened my eyes a lot, women absolutely love muscles they are full of crap when they say otherwise i cant believe i believed otherwise. Im not saying they are as superficial as us men, they surely arent and personality goes a long way, but when it comes to plain, animal, getting god damn laid, there is no substitute even with my bodyfat level im actually scared if i had abs that life would turn into a lynx advert!! (jk)

Too true. I'm not big by any means but even a hint that you have muscle gets the women interested... especially arms! All you people that hate on the bicep curls are shooting yourselves in the foot. All this talk of functional strength, and strength to weight ratios is just folly! Get training those guns and become a chick magnet! :D

Soldato
Too true. I'm not big by any means but even a hint that you have muscle gets the women interested... especially arms! All you people that hate on the bicep curls are shooting yourselves in the foot. All this talk of functional strength, and strength to weight ratios is just folly! Get training those guns and become a chick magnet! :D

Pullups for biceps and close grip bench for triceps and you will still grow quite decent arms, and spend less time in the gym :)

Associate
Pullups for biceps and close grip bench for triceps and you will still grow quite decent arms, and spend less time in the gym :)

Yawn.... I bet the people with biggest arms i.e. bodybuilders do direct bicep work. ;)

why would i want to spend less time in the gym? I like being in the gym!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yawn.... I bet the people with biggest arms i.e. bodybuilders do direct bicep work. ;)

I dont deny isolation stuff is necessary for body building. Just for me I find that other exercises give me an allround gain without needing to add an extra 20 mins to my workout.

I love being in the gym, but I like to be more intense for 40 minutes and then go get fed. Instead of be there 1h 30 and feel my strength taper off.

Permabanned
Thing is chaps its all about what you want to get from lifting, ive always avoided direct bicep stuff and my biceps dont hold me back from a good back workout, however as has been noted in pics at a mere 17.5" they are lacking in size for my mass overall and so ive introduced a dreaded arm day soley to smash the bi's and tri's and bring them into line. This is cosmetic however in the grand scheme of things as im chasing aesthetics more than lifting greatness.

Associate
Thing is chaps its all about what you want to get from lifting, ive always avoided direct bicep stuff and my biceps dont hold me back from a good back workout, however as has been noted in pics at a mere 17.5" they are lacking in size for my mass overall and so ive introduced a dreaded arm day soley to smash the bi's and tri's and bring them into line. This is cosmetic however in the grand scheme of things as im chasing aesthetics more than lifting greatness.

I did think it was odd that you of all people didn't really do much direct arm work; I'm right in thinking you have aspirations of bodybuilding right?

It is exactly as you say; train to meet your goals. People just need to realise that not everyone has the same goals. People shouldn't be frowned upon for training for aesthetics, it's as good a reason as any.

Man of Honour
I think the most important point is that if you're small just doing arm work it isn't going to make you look big. Big biceps on a small guy follows the same rule as abs on a skinny guy; it really isn't impressive.

To get "the look", the average beginner needs to focus a lot less on their arms than they think.

Man of Honour

Forearm work in there, too? ;)

Agree entirely, however - I couldn't give a monkey's about aesthetics: I just want to lift big and heavy stuff... the faster (i.e. faster movement), then better.

I've never had any interest from ze laydeez with regard to muscles, and I've never tried to attract any attention, either. In fact, all the attention I get is from guys at the gym commenting on the barbell loads (lots of bicep monkeys in the gym here).

My wife apparently doesn't approve of my workout regime, either, and fails to see the point. Do I care, however? Not really. :)

Man of Honour
OP

If you're a bodybuilder - you need to do isolation work - otherwise you just don't get the shape you need.

However, remember on this forum there are a lot of weight lifters/power lifters too.

I have bigger arms than most brocep monkeys at my gym despite not doing any direct bicep work - all hedge is driving at is that it's not THAT necessary unless you're after a specific shape or goal.

I think it's a waste of time personally, but since they are such small muscles they don't need much work to grow. Unlike calves.

Man of Honour
OP
I think the most important point is that if you're small just doing arm work it isn't going to make you look big. Big biceps on a small guy follows the same rule as abs on a skinny guy; it really isn't impressive.

To get "the look", the average beginner needs to focus a lot less on their arms than they think.

amen brother.

Associate

Indeed true, and the chances of getting big gunz with out getting big all over is pretty slim. I automatically assume people aren't stupid enough to just do arm work, but I know thats not true!

Back
Top Bottom