OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
Although I don't do 'bodybuilding' these days, many years ago when I first set foot into the gym, my goal was to look like the guys on men's health magazine. I was 19 and had no idea, but I did my best and since then I've always geared my diet towards this. I'm 27 now and train for powerlifting, my goals have changed but I still like to look good. I think it's good to look back and reflect on your time in the gym to appreciate how far you have come and why you do it.

A couple random pics from this morning
IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

looking good. What's exercise routine?

Soldato
Quick question. Really good progress since I came back from travelling in August. Made enormous gains but recently I'm struggling to get past my PBs. I'm doing the following routine:

Mon: Chest & Triceps + Core
Tuesday: Back & Biceps
Wednesday: Rest or HIIT
Thursday: Legs + Core
Friday: Shoulders

Is there any harm in mixing things up a bit? I've started doing lateral shoulder work on Monday and adding in some pull ups and arms work on Friday. I'm quite conscious of over-training as my body does need time to recover. My chest is significantly stronger than everything else which is why my Friday session tends to last 90-120 minutes as I'm working my arms quite hard as well (probably not the best idea as a decent shoulder session kills your arms anyway). I seem to be avoiding injuries so I must be doing something right.

For comparison sake I'm doing DB Flat-Bench raises at 3x 40kg at 6-8reps yet my biceps are pathetic and I'll struggle to do a full set of 8 DB curls (using the bench at about 60 degrees and making sure my arm goes all the way to the bottom with a wrist curl) on 18kg.

Last edited:
Soldato
hey epic help thanks man looked at the shoulder stuff and did incline today, started with just the empty bar to practice the new position, felt weird and took a fair big of concentration to maintain it (shoulders naturally want to roll forward have to constantly keep it in mind)

slowly increased weight did 8x60kg on final set and felt could still go heavier but didn't want to push it as was getting a bit knackered :D

Improvement of 20+kg purely from better form, felt it right in my chest not my shoulders they felt good and solid and not painfully stressed like before :D

will see how i get on next Wednesday :D
Hmm, i think I'm doing the same with my bench.

I feel it in my shoulders & stuck at around 60kg (5x5) - I'll have to find some info on how to do the same, also my shoulders are a bit over-developed (compared to the rest of me).. hmmm..., the downside to being self taught.

Do you have a link to the info on the shoulder stuff you mentioned above?

Cheers :)

Caporegime
Hmm, i think I'm doing the same with my bench.

I feel it in my shoulders & stuck at around 60kg (5x5) - I'll have to find some info on how to do the same, also my shoulders are a bit over-developed (compared to the rest of me).. hmmm..., the downside to being self taught.

Do you have a link to the info on the shoulder stuff you mentioned above?

Cheers :)

hey yeah same deal here with being self taught.

one thing i hate is the lads i go to the gym with are even more noobish so i'm teaching them (they don't care about understanding they just want to be told exactly what to do) and a lot of the time as i'm reading, watching and learning new stuff it's like "ah **** was doing that wrong and have taught them wrong". Dont mind if my stupidity gets me hurt but really wouldnt want to **** somone else up :p

heres the link mate

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18268152&highlight=mobility

oh i also reckomend shoulder dislocations if your a bit hunched, you can find a instruction on how to do them on the Sl 5x5 website 9assumign thats the program you follow so will be easyest palce to look for you)

Back
Top Bottom