OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Permabanned
ice lol i been doing much more raw lifting now, grip still weak tho. 3 more weeks min on the cut but will run longer if im not happy with BF.

Cheers morbs, truth will be in the final shots tho not arm pics :D

Man of Honour
Have you got some good before shots? Looking much bigger/better than previously.

I'm planning a small cut after my comp to get back to ~85kg and, more importantly, SHREDDED.

Associate
April 2012:
aprilback.jpg

November 2012:
november2012_back.jpg

Hmmmm......... :(

Permabanned
Have you got some good before shots? Looking much bigger/better than previously.

I'm planning a small cut after my comp to get back to ~85kg and, more importantly, SHREDDED.

yeah ive got a decent number of before pics should have a good side by side come the end.

i think you need to pack on another 5k muscle ;)

Soldato
I might get it in the neck for this, but you really need to eat eat and eat, start getting some mass. You've done great with the cut, now time to grow

It's not necessary to eat too much food though, even cutting down on cardio and eating an extra but small meal would work. As long as your calories burnt and calories consumed aren't neck and neck, you should be okay.

Associate
That's the thing, I wasn't even trying to cut. Unless I'm constantly cramming my face full of food, the weight just drops off me.

I've been keeping a log for the last 2 weeks and I'm getting around 4000 calories a day. The first picture I'd have probably been around 20% bodyfat, at the moment I'm 11%.

I've been doing HST for the last 6 weeks, onto my last 2 at the moment. I don't do any cardio.

I'm starting to get really fed up that I can't seem to put on size. I go crazy with the food (over my current 4000 calories) and get a belly, even with intense workouts.

My lifts are as follows:

Bench: 70kg (3x5)
OHP: 40kg (3x5)
Dead: 50kg (3x5)
Rows: 60kg (3x5)

I've mentioned on here before but I'm not squatting or doing much leg work at all - according to my physio I have the mobility of a 70 year old with arthritis! Hips, glutes, hamstrings are so tight. Currently doing stretches etc but think it's gonna be a while before I can squat with good form.

I feel i'm getting more defined but not bigger / thicker if you get me?

Not sure whether to carry on with HST (have noticed some gains) or start SL5x5 - the thing is with 5x5 obviously there'd be no squat included.....which is one of main points of the workout!

Would really appreciate some advice guys :)

Associate
I've aimed for 4500-5000 calories before and did put on a stone over a few months, but the majority of that was fat, even when eating fairly clean.

I mean, I have a desk job and apart from my workouts 3x a week, I have a pretty sedate lifestyle so I'm surprised I'm not gaining weight at 4000 calories.

Soldato
Saying you don't gain on 4000 and you put on too much fat at 4500-5000... I'd hazard a guess that you need to be a bit more accurate and try necking food equal to somewhere in the middle.

Edit: ^ i like your iifym style diet :D

Associate
Haha it's not the best diet I admit, I'm guessing the carbs / fat are too high there?

Any thoughts as to whether I should continue with another cycle of HST (with some leg stuff included) or move over to 5x5?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I've aimed for 4500-5000 calories before and did put on a stone over a few months, but the majority of that was fat, even when eating fairly clean.

I mean, I have a desk job and apart from my workouts 3x a week, I have a pretty sedate lifestyle so I'm surprised I'm not gaining weight at 4000 calories.

What's your diet like? Perhaps start a food eating log in the log section to monitor what you're eating. You'd be surprised how little/much one eats when you start to record it.

Back
Top Bottom