OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
That pose is fine, it's how I take a photo of mine.

2012-07-30193325.jpg

You look so ****ing joocy in that pic

Soldato
Dont worry about size if you are cutting down m8. Get to where you are happy and cheer the hell up ;)
Tbh I'm looking forward to training on a surplus, been on about 1,500 a day for the last 10 months which seems to be slowing progress - but at the current rate I should be able to start my first bulking phase in the new year! (finally I get to eat some real food & really hit the weights hard!)

Man of Honour
1,500 a day for the last 10 months? That sounds too low for such a long period of time, unless you're a complete coach potato and do no cardio! :p

He might be an individual of manlet status...?

Either way, it does sound low, but not in a dangerous way. If he was on 600/day and taking some weird oral hormone thing as a spray, then that would be dangerous... However, what he's doing would only qualify as 'just plain miserable' in my book, on par with vegetarianism.

Soldato
1,500 a day for the last 10 months? That sounds too low for such a long period of time, unless you're a complete coach potato and do no cardio! :p
Well, that was with doing strong-lifts 5x5, at times I've eaten a bit more (1,700 on training days) - but overall 1,500 is probly the average.

He might be an individual of manlet status...?

Either way, it does sound low, but not in a dangerous way. If he was on 600/day and taking some weird oral hormone thing as a spray, then that would be dangerous... However, what he's doing would only qualify as 'just plain miserable' in my book, on par with vegetarianism.
I'm 5"11 so not a manlet :p - I did 2000 a day & simply wasn't losing so had to cut it back a little to maintain regular loss, but almost done now so will finally be able to train on a surplus :)

Yeah, I know it's a bit low at 1,500 but that's the lowest I've eaten - but I have to agree with the last part - it's pretty miserable (but almost over lol).

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you progress on SL 5x5 with only 1500kcal per day?
Well, went from just the bar to 110kg on squats, 135kg on deadlifts, 65kg on bench-press, 50kg on over-head, 65kg on BBR this year - but progress felt slow, very slow.

But my goal has been weight loss (while keeping existing muscle) so I wasn't too bummed out.

I've cycled creatine a few times & taken regular BCAA/good amounts of protein/fresh-veg/lean meats, with a 200 calorie increase in training days.

Man of Honour
That is sort of slow progress but I guess that's to be expected when running a deficit! Glad to hear SL 5x5 has worked out for you so far. Are you going to carry on with it when you up your kcals or try something a little different?

Back
Top Bottom