OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

kai

kai

Soldato
If you want to get some decent shots you could find a local photographer and go to their studio, you'll have complete control/direction.

Already done this, did it 4 weeks before this shoot. My sponsor paid for this as they wanted some individual shots for their own portfolio

this is a shot from 4 weeks previous. (will give you idea condition)

sidefw.jpg

What was the contract/agreement for this?

Turn up ripped, get shot, get paid, go home :) (in a nutshell)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I see - I'm assuming no release over the images or anything like that?

Only thing I can advise based on my (limited) understanding of the professional photography... err... profession is to either:

a) Check what the audience of the shoot is (i.e. what the producer is going to do with the images). This will help you determine whether or not it's something you want to do...

b) Check the contract agreements prior to the shoot to determine what control you have (if any) over the images and their use. This might only be something you can get producers/etc. to agree to when you are in demand due to your profile...

Otherwise - to be blunt - suck it up, as most models/actors have to prior to becoming 'famous'. :(

EDIT: Oh my goodness - not being funny, but the finished images are ****. :eek:

Soldato
Post them Kai, 'cause without seeing to what degree it's been altered, we can't tell if you're just over-reacting or not.

Although truth be told you're just the model, not the decision maker. It's their call on direction/end result they want.

Edit: I'm a slow typist - you've already supplied!

How much smoothing out has been done? It just looks like truly abysmal lighting/shots to me!?

kai

kai

Soldato
Here is another one, this will give you a "good" idea how mich smoothing out has been done

:(

i dont think its over-reacting :( i now have no abs lol

img0756rl.jpg

Man of Honour
Here is another one, this will give you a "good" idea how mich smoothing out has been done

:(

i dont think its over-reacting :( i now have no abs lol

img0756rl.jpg

I think there is a degree of over-reaction as you still have abs. Sorry.

However, as already posted by Monkee, the lighting is just rubbish and would make you look very odd if it had not been doctored. This is why the photos look strange (taking the abysmal lighting out the wquation).

Soldato
is that even your belly button?!

thats a hell of a lot of smoothing out. I am suprised that they havent gone for the chiselled look for an army publication, unless its for the Ladies out there of course

kai

kai

Soldato
is that even your belly button?!

thats a hell of a lot of smoothing out. I am suprised that they havent gone for the chiselled look for an army publication, unless its for the Ladies out there of course

I dont know! thats the problem there has been so much photo manipulation pefromed :mad:

Like i say i had a shoot 4 weeks ago prior to this and the difference is just chalk and cheese. I am seriously not impressed to be honest.

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
Worst lighting ever

And mate, are you really that naive to think they wouldn't edit your photos? You're in the wrong business if photo editing upsets you

I expect them to edit my photo's, just the opposite direction. I expect adding in definition accentuation etc, but removing them :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
We've discussed this previously though mate. You don't have the mass to pull off the chiseled, vascular and bodybuilding/big guy look for that market, but you've got too much mass for the Mens Health, beach body look. So I think them smoothing you out is their only option if it's the latter market they've put you forward for

kai

kai

Soldato
We've discussed this previously though mate. You don't have the mass to pull off the chiseled, vascular and bodybuilding/big guy look for that market, but you've got too much mass for the Mens Health, beach body look. So I think them smoothing you out is their only option if it's the latter market they've put you forward for

i 100% agree with everything you just said, i have just been sent a mock-up of one of the six images that are "likely" to be used.

you can clearly see they have smoothed out my shape but... i do look bigger and better thickness. (Going to get in a load of trouble releasing this image) but what the hell. Its just i dont get it why remove my abs.

posterdec20122k.jpg

Last edited:
Associate

I think your reading too much into it the photographer has tried to get one of those arty half dark half light shots and made a mess of it and tried to get the look he wanted by over editing the shot. Either that or he was trying to hide some facial aesthetics :p

Edit just seen the mock up above looks 100x better awesome ad I took one look at that sexy pic and almost ordered two tubs

Last edited:
Permabanned
Kai ffs its a job, its work, they have their agendas and you have yours. They require a baseline image to work with and the better that baseline the easier it is to manipulate to the taste of the editorial staff who in turn represent their audience. Article writers get edited, models get misrepresented its the industry and its a long way from being the most ethical, as for authenticity, jesus, its the MOST fake industry out there, everything about it is a lie from the physiques to the images to the lifestyles they peddle.

I find it fairly incredulous that you are complaining about the integrity of the people and companies you are working for, since as far as i am aware you arent some dumb naiive kid.

Back
Top Bottom